Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Tebow's season is over
He wraps up his 2nd season in the minors (AA this time) with a .274/.336/.399 slash, 6 homers and 36 RBI in 271 at bats.

He also had a very good .988 fielding %.

His 2nd year growth was almost certainly going to lead to a September call up. Instead, his season ends with a broken bone in his right hand.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He wraps up his 2nd season in the minors (AA this time) with a .274/.336/.399 slash, 6 homers and 36 RBI in 271 at bats.

He also had a very good .988 fielding %.

His 2nd year growth was almost certainly going to lead to a September call up. Instead, his season ends with a broken bone in his right hand.

He will have a tough time making impact in MLB with this setback. 

Plus his numbers are just average for a 30 year old minor league player. 

He has picked up pace over last 5 weeks before injury but was not on verge of call up before this hot streak.

His slugging percentage is pedestrian and is only on pace for about 15 HR's if playing full minor league season. 

The Kid they have up there now Nimmo could very easily turn into a great one. Plus the kid they just drafted out of HS is a solid hitter and will move swiftly through their system. Want to say Kelenic is his name. 

Tebow's fielding percentage is great though and would have helped. But this setback coupled with his age is not good for his chances. 

In my fantasy league we carry 8 minor league players which totals 96 and Tebow was a FA even before injury.

Really like the kid though and hope he succeeds but think he should have switched positions and stayed in NFL. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A little off topic but Kelenic was signed to play for my Louisville Cardinals before being drafted 6th I believe.

Causing Louisville to lose top 10 draft picks in back to back years before they even stepped on campus in Kelnic and Adell. Adell is being touted as the next great thing even being compared to Trout.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Tebow had his 15 seconds of fame. And he just happened to screw over the steelers with it. For that I am grateful. Beyond that, he needs to go away.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He will have a tough time making impact in MLB with this setback. 

Plus his numbers are just average for a 30 year old minor league player. 

He has picked up pace over last 5 weeks before injury but was not on verge of call up before this hot streak.

His slugging percentage is pedestrian and is only on pace for about 15 HR's if playing full minor league season. 

The Kid they have up there now Nimmo could very easily turn into a great one. Plus the kid they just drafted out of HS is a solid hitter and will move swiftly through their system. Want to say Kelenic is his name. 

Tebow's fielding percentage is great though and would have helped. But this setback coupled with his age is not good for his chances. 

In my fantasy league we carry 8 minor league players which totals 96 and Tebow was a FA even before injury.

Really like the kid though and hope he succeeds but think he should have switched positions and stayed in NFL. 

Pedestrian/Solid, Tomato/To-mah-toe. I'd say those are pretty solid numbers though, and combined with his name and what the Mets look like, he was on his way to a call up, most likely. I'm not claiming Tebow is smashing it in AA, but for a 30 year old who hadn't played ball since HS, I think he soared well beyond the expectations of most.

.734 OPS ranked 87th in AA
.273 BA ranked 53rd
.336 OB% ranked 77th
.399 SLG% ranked 92nd

All those numbers rank in the top 100 of AA. Considering that rosters expand by 15 players in September, you don't think the Mets would've found room for Tebow among those 15? Especially when he'd been on a tear?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote