Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Tebow
Has never pitched.

Still better than Ross Ohlendorf.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ross Ohlendorf is still in the league? Ha!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I liked Buck Showalter's response. He said he wasn't amused by this, said that minor leaguers are professionals who work hard to be where they are, and said "I'm sure he was a great player in high school. I was too. I also played quarterback..."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 01:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I liked Buck Showalter's response. He said he wasn't amused by this, said that minor leaguers are professionals who work hard to be where they are, and said "I'm sure he was a great player in high school. I was too. I also played quarterback..."

Is Buck suggesting Tebow hasn't worked hard?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is Buck suggesting Tebow hasn't worked hard?

He's probably suggesting it's a farce and a circus for a guy to make a deal out of "trying out" for a professional baseball team, when he last played in high school--ten years ago--when there's minor leagues full of guys that have been grinding daily that long to make it to the big leagues. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't like Tebow at all, but I don't know why people are so upset that he is trying out for a baseball team.

Who cares how long it has been since he played? If he has the skills he deserves a shot. Who is he hurting by just working out for some scouts.

Tebow is not saying. "Even if I stink sign me to a minor league contract just to sell some tickets."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 09:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't like Tebow at all, but I don't know why people are so upset that he is trying out for a baseball team.

Who cares how long it has been since he played?  If he has the skills he deserves a shot.  Who is he hurting by just working out for some scouts.

Tebow is not saying. "Even if I stink sign me to a minor league contract just to sell some tickets."

I don't get the hate either..

Let the dude give it a shot, if it doesn't pan out, then it doesn't pan out. If it works out he could help a team for a while, hes still in pretty good shape with very little wear and tear on his body. Strikes me as a third baseman or right fielder.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote