Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Wright
Released by the Lions today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/26/lions-waive-tim-wright/

He has 89 catches, 907 yards and 13 TDs across 3 seasons. Most of his damage came as a rookie, when he posted 571 yards and 5 TDs. He also had 259 yards and 6 TDs as a part time player for the Pats in 2014.

With Eifert possibly missing a few games, I think Wright would be a solid signing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why not? Unless the team feels strongly about Kroft and Uzomah enough to feel like it would stunt their growth, or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
For sure, younger than Daniels and has production.

What was the reason for the cut though?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 10:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, younger than Daniels and has production.

What was the reason for the cut though?

Rotoworld says he has an undisclosed injury:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8850/tim-wright

That said, it's possible it's nothing serious. The Lions have Ebron, Pettigrew, Matthew Mulligan (a veteran blocker), and some other young prospects. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 10:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rotoworld says he has an undisclosed injury:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8850/tim-wright

That said, it's possible it's nothing serious. The Lions have Ebron, Pettigrew, Matthew Mulligan (a veteran blocker), and some other young prospects. 

Do it, do it. Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 10:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Do it, do it. Cool

Yeah if he can pass a physical I'd snap him up. If not, Owen Daniels would be a solid signing.

The Ravens signed Ben Watson and he's a couple years older than Daniels.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 10:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah if he can pass a physical I'd snap him up. If not, Owen Daniels would be a solid signing.

The Ravens signed Ben Watson and he's a couple years older than Daniels.

And i wouldn't of minded Watson, cool dude and had his best game of his career last season.

But Xeno did bring up a pretty good point earlier about who do we drop once Eifert is back...

I would really love to see something out of Uzomah or Peters just to know what we have.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Released by the Lions today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/26/lions-waive-tim-wright/

He has 89 catches, 907 yards and 13 TDs across 3 seasons. Most of his damage came as a rookie, when he posted 571 yards and 5 TDs. He also had 259 yards and 6 TDs as a part time player for the Pats in 2014.

With Eifert possibly missing a few games, I think Wright would be a solid signing.

Owen Daniels has had 118 catches, 1296 yards and 10 TDs during the same stretch. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Owen Daniels has had 118 catches, 1296 yards and 10 TDs during the same stretch. 

So he had 389 more yards (average of 130 more per year) and 3 fewer TDs depite being a full-time starter, while Wright was stuck behind Gronk in '14 and barely played behind Ebron last year. 

Not exactly solid evidence that Daniels is superior right now, as Daniels would've been behind those players as well. I'd argue that Wright's rookie season was better than any of Daniels' recent seasons. Plus he's way younger. Plus he's been a better RZ threat and that's what we're looking to replace.

Not saying either is a perfect candidate, but I'd prefer Wright - if he's healthy. I wouldn't mind Daniels though. We're lucky that options this good are still available.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 12:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So he had 389 more yards (average of 130 more per year) and 3 fewer TDs depite being a full-time starter, while Wright was stuck behind Gronk in '14 and barely played behind Ebron last year. 

Not exactly solid evidence that Daniels is superior right now, as Daniels would've been behind those players as well. I'd argue that Wright's rookie season was better than any of Daniels' recent seasons. Plus he's way younger. Plus he's been a better RZ threat and that's what we're looking to replace.

Not saying either is a perfect candidate, but I'd prefer Wright - if he's healthy. I wouldn't mind Daniels though. We're lucky that options this good are still available.

Who could expect a 2nd TE to do anything in NE's offense?

Age is of zero concern to me as I am happy with our future at TE. As you say we have options. Hell Chris Cooley is trying to come back.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who could expect a 2nd TE to do anything in NE's offense?

Age is of zero concern to me as I am happy with our future at TE. As you say we have options. Hell Chris Cooley is trying to come back.

[Image: 076.jpg]
Sarcasm
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who could expect a 2nd TE to do anything in NE's offense?

Meh. The Pats haven't had anyone produce as a 2nd TE since the murderer. Age is a slight concern to me, because Daniels is at an age where he could have a steep decline at any point. Plus if we like what we see in Wright, we could hang on to him instead of say...Uzomah.

Fwiw, I'd say Chris Cooley is completely washed up. He has 9 catches since 2010 and hasn't played at all since 2012. He's a nice guy but he probably needs to move on. Daniels and Wright are definitely the best available options.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. The Pats haven't had anyone produce as a 2nd TE since the murderer. Age is a slight concern to me, because Daniels is at an age where he could have a steep decline at any point. Plus if we like what we see in Wright, we could hang on to him instead of say...Uzomah.

Fwiw, I'd say Chris Cooley is completely washed up. He has 9 catches since 2010 and hasn't played at all since 2012. He's a nice guy but he probably needs to move on. Daniels and Wright are definitely the best available options.

Yeah, i am with you. Would like Wright over Daniels at this point but would be happy with either.
Reply/Quote

Many people could expect two TE's to prosper in NE's O just ask Aaron Hernandez. I have some hope in the young guns but having some solid vets available is not a bad thing at this point imo.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 06:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Many people could expect two TE's to prosper in NE's O just ask Aaron Hernandez. I have some hope in the young guns but having some solid vets available is not a bad thing at this point imo.

He was using sarcasm to say the same thing.

Believe it or not though, I'd say NE's offense might be a little different from 2011. Maybe BB wasn't bringing in these guys like Wright and Chandler (now Bennett) to play the Aaron Hernandez role. Maybe he's just been bringing in good backup TEs as insurance for that TE that seems so important to their offense, yet misses games constantly?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 12:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was using sarcasm to say the same thing.

Believe it or not though, I'd say NE's offense might be a little different from 2011. Maybe BB wasn't bringing in these guys like Wright and Chandler (now Bennett) to play the Aaron Hernandez role. Maybe he's just been bringing in good backup TEs as insurance for that TE that seems so important to their offense, yet misses games constantly?

Tim wright is the guy they traded logan mankins for    and then dropped wright a year later.

Where is The Snow Shovler (Chandler @ Now?)
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1. Tim wright is the guy they traded logan mankins for and then dropped wright a year later.

2. Where is The Snow Shovler (Chandler @ Now?)

1. They also got a 4th round pick in that trade as well as much needed cap space.

2. Chandler retired after his latest knee injury. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/02/patriots-scott-chandler-retiring-injuries/
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. They also got a 4th round pick in that trade as well as much needed cap space.

2. Chandler retired after his latest knee injury. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/02/patriots-scott-chandler-retiring-injuries/
Wright has a torn ACL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/31/tim-wright-goes-on-ir-after-tearing-his-acl/

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wright has a torn ACL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/31/tim-wright-goes-on-ir-after-tearing-his-acl/

Well it was said he had a "mystery injury" but I was hoping it wasn't serious. There goes that.

Looks like Daniels is the only reasonable option now, but the Bengals don't appear to be in any hurry to sign anyone.

I don't even think they've had any TE visits.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 07:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well it was said he had a "mystery injury" but I was hoping it wasn't serious. There goes that.

Looks like Daniels is the only reasonable option now, but the Bengals don't appear to be in any hurry to sign anyone.

I don't even think they've had any TE visits.

Well daniels is a vet and would need less time to adjust..

Its good for them to get Kroft/Uz and Peters as many reps as they an handle right now.     And they signed a fullback to fill in for Hewitt while he recovers. If the FB pans out and Hewitt is fine but eifert needs more time we might see the FB stick and Hewitt play more TE to start the season
Reply/Quote