Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time For Scouting Combines For New Bengals Coaches
Tuesday February 26th to Monday March 4th. Most of the coaches are in place. The good news is Indy is close to Cincy, so not much travel time involved. Bengals are set to hit THE COMBINE. Good, Great, Find us some good draft picks. Pass Covering Linebackers who can also Tackle are in great need on this team. GOOD LUCK BENGALS AT THE COMBINE THIS COMING WEEK....GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 04:41 AM)kevin Wrote: Tuesday February 26th to Monday March 4th.  Most of the coaches are in place.  The good news is Indy is close to Cincy, so not much travel time involved.  Bengals are set to hit THE COMBINE.   Good,  Great,  Find us some good draft picks.  Pass Covering Linebackers who can also Tackle are in great need on this team.  GOOD LUCK BENGALS AT THE COMBINE THIS COMING WEEK....GO BENGALS.

But, but, but what about Mike Brown tossing a dart from PBS towards Indianapolis hoping to hit the right player(s)? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 08:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: But, but, but what about Mike Brown tossing a dart from PBS towards Indianapolis hoping to hit the right player(s)? 

Actually, that must be how they did it with that Drugstore List.  To draft Akili Smith that high, bring him into camp and then say they didn't know he had so many flaws in his QB mechanics, that shows no scouting and as you say, just throwing darts.  Any scouting should have shown his mechanics, how he sets up, how he throws.  It should not have came as a surprise after the draft. 

So I am hoping, and that's all a fan can do in regards to Mike Brown.  I am hoping Mike Brown and even Mr Tobin back off and let these coaches scout and put together the best players possible for them to coach.  

It gets very busy now.  Combine, who to keep in Free Agency, who to let go. Who to add in Free Agency. Drafting College players.  March and April are crucial.  If you get March and April wrong, you don't have a chance September to January.  There is much for these new coaches to do now, they are in it now, the Combine is already here.  You might say the season starts right now.  

I have no idea what Tobin and Bengals did at Senior Bowl before these coaches hired, but I'm all for throwing that out the window.  Mike Brown needs to put away his darts he throws at a list of player names.  Start brand new with these new coaches hitting The Combine. Out with the old, in with the new. Marvin is gone and you can't keep the same playbooks because that never works.  It is key that these coaches look for their own kind of players at the Combine.  I hope that is the plan by front office, to actually let these coaches bring in players and actually be coaches. 

Mike Brown would be well served to listen to the Sinatra song of My Way. His dad Paul Brown had success in Cleveland because he did it his way. People laughed and said Paul Brown was more like basketball than football in 1950, but he did it his way, and it Won. The only chance of winning is to let Taylor and company do it their way. Don't shackle them in outdated playbooks and Bengals football of old. Mike Brown, put away the darts.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 01:54 AM)kevin Wrote: Actually, that must be how they did it with that Drugstore List.  To draft Akili Smith that high, bring him into camp and then say they didn't know he had so many flaws in his QB mechanics, that shows no scouting and as you say, just throwing darts.  Any scouting should have shown his mechanics, how he sets up, how he throws.  It should not have came as a surprise after the draft. 

So I am hoping, and that's all a fan can do in regards to Mike Brown.  I am hoping Mike Brown and even Mr Tobin back off and let these coaches scout and put together the best players possible for them to coach.  

It gets very busy now.  Combine, who to keep in Free Agency, who to let go. Who to add in Free Agency. Drafting College players.  March and April are crucial.  If you get March and April wrong, you don't have a chance September to January.  There is much for these new coaches to do now, they are in it now, the Combine is already here.  You might say the season starts right now.  

I have no idea what Tobin and Bengals did at Senior Bowl before these coaches hired, but I'm all for throwing that out the window.  Mike Brown needs to put away his darts he throws at a list of player names.  Start brand new with these new coaches hitting The Combine. Out with the old, in with the new. Marvin is gone and you can't keep the same playbooks because that never works.  It is key that these coaches look for their own kind of players at the Combine.  I hope that is the plan by front office, to actually let these coaches bring in players and actually be coaches. 

Mike Brown would be well served to listen to the Sinatra song of My Way.  His dad Paul Brown had success in Cleveland because he did it his way. People laughed and said Paul Brown was more like basketball than football in 1950, but he did it his way, and it Won.   The only chance of winning is to let Taylor and company do it their way.  Don't shackle them in outdated playbooks and Bengals football of old. Mike Brown, put away the darts.
Let's hope he is in the UK during the draft and combine BUSY getting things ready for our international showing. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 04:41 AM)kevin Wrote: Tuesday February 26th to Monday March 4th. Most of the coaches are in place. The good news is Indy is close to Cincy, so not much travel time involved. Bengals are set to hit THE COMBINE. Good, Great, Find us some good draft picks. Pass Covering Linebackers who can also Tackle are in great need on this team. GOOD LUCK BENGALS AT THE COMBINE THIS COMING WEEK....GO BENGALS.

Need to get our LB and DL coaches in place.

Very important hires. Once we get these guys in here i will start to get excited. Love this time of year once the Combine starts even if it is highly overrated. I care more about what a player does on the field than his forty time but it still fun to watch and is entertaining. Need to be looking at Devin White the most.
Reply/Quote