Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time For a 'Two Tyler Team'
(01-02-2018, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No to letting him go, he is too good for this struggling offense to let go. Now, that said, his contract needs to be performance based, ie, staying on the field, but just letting him go is nonsense.

I highly doubt he would sign a deal where he wouldn't get paid if he gets injured. 

And he is getting paid 4.7 million now. I don't think he signs for any less than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind it being 2 Tylers and a Jimmy team; as it appears unlikely that Graham is re-signing with the Hawks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhhh....

...for a team absolutely desperate for a #2 target to step up in the passing game, none of them were very impressive.

Kroft: 42 catches/404 yards (9.6 AVG)/7 TD
Boyd: 22 catches/225 yards (10.2 AVG)/2 TD  (Before the last play of the season, he was averaging 8.4 yards per catch.)
Uzomah: 10 catches/92 yards (9.2 AVG)/ 1 TD

So sure, if you're looking to run the dinkiest and dunkiest of pathetic offenses, those three are solid.

Otherwise you need actual legitimate receiving threats. Kroft is a good #2 TE at best, Boyd is a #4/#5 WR, Uzomah is a #3 TE. None of them would be starters on a good passing offense.

Kroft started all 16 games and failed to reach 30 yards in 10 of them. Heck, he failed to reach 15 yards in 8 of them.

They were in the same draft class. Interestingly enough, both their best seasons came in '15, too.

Eifert: 127 catches/1,537 yards (12.1 AVG)/20 TD
Reed: 275 catches/2,813 yards (10.2 AVG)/22 TD

Eifert's best season: 52/615 (11.8)/13  (71.1% of the offensive snaps)
Reed's best season: 87/952 (10.9)/11  (65.7% of the offensive snaps)

Ehhh ... Eifert can't catch, block, or score on IR 75% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To be fair, everyone on both teams was having trouble catching that frozen brick..... or not fumbling it...

Agreed. Did anyone give Dalton props for not fumbling or throwing picks? Nope.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhhh....

...for a team absolutely desperate for a #2 target to step up in the passing game, none of them were very impressive.

Kroft: 42 catches/404 yards (9.6 AVG)/7 TD
Boyd: 22 catches/225 yards (10.2 AVG)/2 TD  (Before the last play of the season, he was averaging 8.4 yards per catch.)
Uzomah: 10 catches/92 yards (9.2 AVG)/ 1 TD

So sure, if you're looking to run the dinkiest and dunkiest of pathetic offenses, those three are solid.

Otherwise you need actual legitimate receiving threats. Kroft is a good #2 TE at best, Boyd is a #4/#5 WR, Uzomah is a #3 TE. None of them would be starters on a good passing offense.

Kroft started all 16 games and failed to reach 30 yards in 10 of them. Heck, he failed to reach 15 yards in 8 of them.

They were in the same draft class. Interestingly enough, both their best seasons came in '15, too.

Eifert: 127 catches/1,537 yards (12.1 AVG)/20 TD
Reed: 275 catches/2,813 yards (10.2 AVG)/22 TD

Eifert's best season: 52/615 (11.8)/13  (71.1% of the offensive snaps)
Reed's best season: 87/952 (10.9)/11  (65.7% of the offensive snaps)

Hey Even Uz  was more effective than eifert this year...

Players on the field are better than players on IR year after year.   Sure eifert is great when healthy but when the hell is that.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No to letting him go, he is too good for this struggling offense to let go. Now, that said, his contract needs to be performance based, ie, staying on the field, but just letting him go is nonsense.

Yeah, i completely agree Sled.

I really like Kroft but Eifert is on another level when healthy, the best route running TE in the NFL when healthy.

I do what i can to bring him back if he is healthy and wants to play. That talent is extremely rare.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i completely agree Sled.

I really like Kroft but Eifert is on another level when healthy, the best route running TE in the NFL when healthy.

I do what i can to bring him back if he is healthy and wants to play. That talent is extremely rare.

Looking at this from an 'ego' perspective. Is a contract like this justified?  Absolutely!  Will he bite, knowing what he can make on the FA market?  NO WAY!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Looking at this from an 'ego' perspective. Is a contract like this justified?  Absolutely!  Will he bite, knowing what he can make on the FA market?  NO WAY!!!

Eifert doesn't have a big ego, dude is complete class and other teams will also have to look at his injury history.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 01:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey Even Uz  was more effective than eifert this year...

Players on the field are better than players on IR year after year.   Sure eifert is great when healthy but when the hell is that.

I agree with a lot of the sentiment of your post as far as Eifert goes, but I do disagree with your idea that players on the field are automatically better than players on the IR.

For instance, say John Ross spent the ENTIRE 2017 year on the IR. What do the Bengals lose production-wise? Nothing. What do the Bengals gain production-wise? At the very least, they remove his lost fumble and his quitting go-route. Net positive by removing him.

I honestly feel the same about Ogbuehi. He is legitimately better for the team when he is not on the field, because even random schmucks coming in off the street don't cause things to be any worse, so it can only be positives when he is not in the game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:33 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: You do realize the Ravens have been burnt by AJ for years and were dead set on not letting him do it again.  For this reason others like Boyd and Kroft were able to get favorable match-ups in coverage.

AJ is fine and still light years better than 90% of the receivers in the league.  Everybody goes through a spout where things don't go their way.  With that said, he and Dalton need to work on keeping the ball in bounds on those sideline routes.  Don't know many how many of these were missed this year.  They both need to work on this.  Dalton with this throws and AJ with his routes.  Heck, maybe AJ should walk down an the line a couple more yards pre-snap.  Anything, just fix it.  A lot of yards were missed over the year.

Agreed even though AJ struggled this year (by his standards) he still is one of the best. 

Dalton needs to keep the ball in play. The out of bounds throws are solely on him. AJ needs to hug the line to keep the safety as far away as possible. If he drifts in then it gives the safety a play on the ball. 

NFL QBs have a 6-12 inch window to fit the ball in. Andy needs to improve. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eifert doesn't have a big ego, dude is complete class and other teams will also have to look at his injury history.

You can be a class guy with an agent who wants to make as much money for him and Eifert as possible.  Trust me, if he tests the waters, he will see there are teams that will be more than willing to take a chance on him!!
Reply/Quote
This thread makes me giggle. You have guys who are complaining about Kroft's stats this year. Because with our stellar quarterback and offensive line he should be a pro bowler. Eifert's skill demands a big payday, but he is riddled with injuries and that's not going to improve. The guy has weak bones and joints so unless he can be altered genetically this is a waste of money. Kroft was ranked 12th overall in the nfl this year with a new offensive coordinator mid season, an oline that was among the worst in the nfl, and a quarterback who couldn't consistently hit anyone other than green. He was also the 6th highest for TD's in the nfl. I'm sorry but if you think Kroft isn't worth the starting role you're stupid

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: I absolutely agree with this.  I said something similar in another thread, and people were acting like I was plotting an assassination.  Of course, it was one of the myriad of topics flaming the QB, so there was little time for objectivity.  I noted that overall it had been a down year by AJ Green standards.  A good year....but something has seemed off. I also do not blame him one bit. The coaching staff and FO are 100% at fault for what happened this season.

Perhaps.....and you can me crazy....the fact that he's our main deep threat.......and the OLine sucked and gave AD no time....and the whole league knew it......then perhaps teams were taking away AJ on the deep ball, and it hurt his production......just maybe.
Reply/Quote