This is startling...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no good reason for us to possess the ball. Ever. I'm encouraged by this stat.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This is what happens when you have the #32 defense and #27 offense.

Offense can't sustain drives and the defense can't stop them.
Reply/Quote
This stat illustrates how long the Bengal defense is on the field and how well they have done even though the defense gives up tons of yards.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is what happens when you have the #32 defense and #27 offense.

Yep. For anyone that wants to "excuse" either side's poor play. The fact is that BOTH the offense and defense suck this year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This stat illustrates how long the Bengal defense is on the field and how well they have done even though the defense gives up tons of yards.

This stat proves how shitty the defense is because they can't stop drives.

For those of you who still don't get it here are our defensive rankings

Yards per game....32nd
Rush Yd/game......32nd
Rush YD/att...…….32nd
20+ yd runs...…...32nd (their 14 is almost twice as many as the 31st ranked team's 8)
Yards per play......31st
Penalty yards...…..31st
Rush tds…………….30th
Interceptions...…..29th
sacks...……………..29th

And our offense is almost as bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This stat illustrates how long the Bengal defense is on the field and how well they have done even though the defense gives up tons of yards.

I think it's more of both suck ! We can't run the ball, Andy can't throw the ball, and the defense can't stop the run......at all.

I think opposing teams just feel sorry for us and pass from time to time.
Reply/Quote
An already weak defense with no depth is getting killed by this number. Not saying we would be much better but this isn't helping the cause.

This isn't the first year we have seen such a big disparity I think if you go back and look at the last 3-4 years as well the numbers would be comparable.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
No run blocking is the biggest reason for this. If you can move the ball on the ground the clock keeps running. If you have to pass almost every down, the clock stops with every incompletion.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is what happens when you have the #32 defense and #27 offense.

Beat me to it. Offense can't stay on the field, defense can't get off of it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Being 30th in the NFL in Turnover +/- doesn't help

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. For anyone that wants to "excuse" either side's poor play. The fact is that BOTH the offense and defense suck this year.

Well said. They're both terrible.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being 30th in the NFL in Turnover +/- doesn't help

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

Geeze. When it rains it pours.

We've also got to be pretty low in pass rush stats on defense.
Reply/Quote
After reading the posts on this thread it’s starting to look like that this could possibly be the worst team the Bengals have ever been,or at least one of the worst including the coaching. I know there is still a little over a half season of football left to play, And things could possibly get better or they could get worse, But so far this team is really bad in every aspect of the game. As far as the defense is concerned, They looked pretty good for most of that game against Jacksonville especially in the first half,but,wow, That is a long time to be out there on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 09:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: After reading the posts on this thread it’s starting to look like that this could possibly be the worst team the Bengals have ever been,or at least one of the worst including the coaching. I know there is still a little over a half season of football left to play, And things could possibly get better or they could get worse, But so far this team is really bad in every aspect of the game. As far as the defense is concerned, They looked pretty good for most of that game against Jacksonville especially in the first half,but,wow, That is a long time to be out there on the field.

The defense gave up 460 total yards and 200+ yards rushing against Jax. That's not looking pretty good.
Reply/Quote