Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for Marvin to step away one way or another!
The time for Marvin to go is upon us, just like Dusty Baker, Marvin has helped make football irrelevant again in Cincinnati. However, the lack of getting this team over the hump is mind-boggling. The defense is horrible and would have a hard time stopping a nose bleed you being a defensive guy makes it that much worse. The bend don't brake philosophy doesn't work with this bunch of players so why not change it up. The mean front that the Bengals supposedly have is a joke absolutely no pressure allows QB's to eat up our DB's that are just not very good either. Blow coverage happens all game and Jones cries for offensive pass interference every play because he has gotten smoked. The LB's are old and slow cannot or refuse to cover the flats which seems to happen all game ( I know it doesn't but it seems to). The O-line is just as bad as the D-fense, I understand that Dalton has his problems but when you are constantly under pressure what is a QB to do. I promise a good line can make a subpar QB a pro-bowler. I understand that is why you punt of kick field-goals but some time you have just roll the dice and man up.

Marvin I have been a supporter of yours up until last years playoff game. I understand that the lose isn't on you but what I blame you is lack of control you have of your players. What do I mean by that, you should have known that once the fumble occurred Burfict and Jones would go off the deep end. This year hasn't been any better so many 15 yarders because your players can't control their emotions. Some will say that's not Marvin's fault I disagree, use backups some bench time would send a message. Others will say we can't win with back ups guess what we are not winning anyway. I'm very tired of the clap, clap LET's GO is crap, if that is your motivation speech then IT's beyond time to GO.

Just a rant from a unhappy Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:25 PM)Lowerguywins Wrote: Marvin I have been a supporter of yours up until last years playoff game. I understand that the lose isn't on you but what I blame you is lack of control you have of your players. What do I mean by that, you should have known that once the fumble occurred Burfict and Jones would go off the deep end. This year hasn't been any better so many 15 yarders because your players can't control their emotions. Some will say that's not Marvin's fault I disagree, use backups some bench time would send a message. Others will say we can't win with back ups guess what we are not winning anyway. I'm very tired of the clap, clap LET's GO is crap, if that is your motivation speech then IT's beyond time to GO.

Just a rant from a unhappy Bengal Fan

Lower,
Thank you for your message. Im sorry you are unhappy. Might I suggest a nice sponge cake to raise your spirits? After a loss I always indulge in sponge cake. Might I add that my definition of sponge cake is Mike Brown's ass cheeks. I love me some sponge cake.
Unfortunately, I will not leave. After coming up for a breath of air after last nights loss, Mike turned his head and just said, "you really working for another extension Lewis and winked at me. I do work hard as head coach, it just isn't the things you think Im working...now excuse me while I get me a second helping of sponge cake.
-Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lower,
Thank you for your message. Im sorry you are unhappy. Might I suggest a nice sponge cake to raise your spirits? After a loss I always indulge in sponge cake. Might I add that my definition of sponge cake is Mike Brown's ass cheeks. I love me some sponge cake.
Unfortunately, I will not leave. After coming up for a breath of air after last nights loss, Mike turned his head and just said, "you really working for another extension Lewis and winked at me. I do work hard as head coach, it just isn't the things you think Im working...now excuse me while I get me a second helping of sponge cake.
-Marvin Lewis

Now I am not local so I don't have privy to as much inside articles and local sports news, but IF and only IF, this plays out to a 4-11-1 ugly scenario, I read somewhere, it was reported, not here on the forum 'wish list', but I can't recall where I read it, that Brown was to have been heard to say something to the effect that if things go south this season, it may be time to look for coaching changes. Not even sure If Jim could confirm this or not.

Like GF, I'll believe it when I see it, because I think he stays until he retires, but I've also never heard even a credible rumor of Brown saying anything like this since Lewis took the helm.
Reply/Quote