Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time for TE Gentry?
(10-30-2023, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is my hope, better than Gentry and Gesicki. Why not put all our chips in for a SB win?

I agree, but what would it cost? The biggest reason I'd roll with Gisecki is I think it would be cheaper than Henry maybe? NE could be looking to dump salaries in a lost season, so either could be realistically at play I guess 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:24 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Irv will be ok we got one ball to go around to a lot of really good players. He will get 5 or so targets a game no reason to go get someone new to the team and try to force them into the starting lineup when we just played our best game of the year.

We got Hudson as well if needed.

Irv is awful. Hurst was reliable. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:30 PM)125250 Wrote: Irv is awful. Hurst was reliable. 

You really think we are going to take on Hurst's contract when we got Irv on league minimum deal that funny a lol funny.
Reply/Quote
We do have Chase and Tee to sign in the near future not really sure how you mathmagicians plan to pay a TE and Chase and Tee. Only way we are getting a decent TE is on a rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, but what would it cost? The biggest reason I'd roll with Gisecki is I think it would be cheaper than Henry maybe? NE could be looking to dump salaries in a lost season, so either could be realistically at play I guess 

True that Hunter Henry would cost a lot more than Gesicki. But might be worth it honestly, Henry can get open unlike our TE's we
currently have besides maybe Hudson. Actually the most likely thing we can hope for is the coaches to use Hudson a lot more and 
for him to grow into a reliable pass catching TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that Hunter Henry would cost a lot more than Gesicki. But might be worth it honestly, Henry can get open unlike our TE's we
currently have besides maybe Hudson. Actually the most likely thing we can hope for is the coaches to use Hudson a lot more and 
for him to grow into a reliable pass catching TE.

I agree.  I think Hudson is the most realistic option this year.
Reply/Quote
At this point, Irv Smith is giving Sean Brewer a run for his money. Clearly the Bengals don't value Tight End as much as other teams, given their refusal to use a draft pick on one last year (it was a strong draft class) and their preference to sign journeyman to one year deals. The offense can clearly execute well without one, but I just don't hope we see Irv Smith fumble in a playoff game, when there won't be any margin for error.
Reply/Quote

I agree and I don't think Wilcox has been given a fair shot.  From what I've seen of him on the field he's night and day better than Irv, but Sample is the best blocking TE.  Cut or bench IRV now, b/c as soon as that happened all the SF fans breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Hey, we're playing the Bunglers and they always shoot themselves in the foot."  A friend of mine out in SF texted me and said just exactly those words to me.

Thank GOD our LB's showed up for two key INTs or a reoccurring nightmare of our two Superbowls could have happened.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 06:03 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I agree and I don't think Wilcox has been given a fair shot.  From what I've seen of him on the field he's night and day better than Irv, but Sample is the best blocking TE.  Cut or bench IRV now, b/c as soon as that happened all the SF fans breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Hey, we're playing the Bunglers and they always shoot themselves in the foot."  A friend of mine out in SF texted me and said just exactly those words to me.

Thank GOD our LB's showed up for two key INTs or a reoccurring nightmare of our two Superbowls could have happened.

I don’t want him out there another game. Get him off the team stat.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Smith fumble was bad. But, that doesn't mean that he's not better than Gentry.

Guys fumble. It was just a very bad and costly time.

Yeah but he fumbles 10% of the time. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:09 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals got a much needed win against a team a lot penciled in as a loss.

I now want the Bengals to make a trade to go for it all... there is no excuse now not to throw some extra chips in.

We was won without a top end TE, nothing out there to really improve that. I would rather go for a oline to add for depth or a veteran RB for depth
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is my hope, better than Gentry and Gesicki. Why not put all our chips in for a SB win?

I doubt we would be willing to give up anything more than a 6th rounder and the Pats could likely get better.  Henry is the guy though.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We was won without a top end TE, nothing out there to really improve that. I would rather go for a oline to add for depth or a veteran RB for depth

Hunter Henry is out there and would be a substantial improvement, even more so than a veteran backup RB or backup olineman, assuming we stay healthy.  

Reply/Quote

H
Hurst ypc was terrible near bottom of starting TEs a 
 , if we go for a TE we need someone to get down field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hunter Henry is out there and would be a substantial improvement, even more so than a veteran backup RB or backup olineman, assuming we stay healthy.  

We have no depth at oline , protecting Burrow is more important than adding a avg TE in a position we don't use much. Smith has played just 2 games with  Burrow healthy and has shown he can perform at Minn, I rather go for oline and d tackle depth.
H.
Reply/Quote
Why Joe would ever throw the ball to Drew Sample is beyond me. He can block but has hands of stone. Smith hasn't shown me anything yet except he can't hang on to the football. I would go with Wilcox or Hudson. I like Hudson.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 01:32 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Why Joe would ever throw the ball to Drew Sample is beyond me. He can block but has hands of stone. Smith hasn't shown me anything yet except he can't hang on to the football. I would go with Wilcox or Hudson. I like Hudson.

If we dont make a trade for Hunter Henry we need to bring up Hudson for the rest of the season.  He looks to be the best receiving TE we have.

If we are going to make any kind of trade, I would like to see us add a pass rusher to the defensive line especially the interior.  I think that would help this team more than any other trade.  I think we could do better with Hudson at TE and another pass rusher added to the defense
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 02:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If we dont make a trade for Hunter Henry we need to bring up Hudson for the rest of the season.  He looks to be the best receiving TE we have.

If we are going to make any kind of trade, I would like to see us add a pass rusher to the defensive line especially the interior.  I think that would help this team more than any other trade.  I think we could do better with Hudson at TE and another pass rusher added to the defense

Hopefully Ossai gets healthy and looks like he did last year before the injury. If not, yes, add another pass rusher please.

Murphy just isn't there yet. Saw him make one good play on Sunday though. Ossai and Hudson could be the answers though, yah never know.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have no depth at oline , protecting Burrow is more important than adding a avg TE in a position we don't use much. Smith has played just 2 games with  Burrow healthy and has shown he can perform at Minn, I rather go for oline and d tackle depth.
H.

There really isnt anything much more uninformed than to clamor for oline at the trade deadline.  It rarely happens, there was one this year.

Reply/Quote