Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for me to cheer for Palmer again
I hate he quit on our team and city, but time to let it go. I hope Carson wins tonight and goes on to win it all. Best of luck CP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was over the CP thing long ago. I wish him well and of everyone left I would like to see the cards win the most
Reply/Quote
Eh. Rooting for Cardinals/Panthers because all the other assholes in the running have had their fun. If Carson gets it done, cool. I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 11:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Eh. Rooting for Cardinals/Panthers because all the other assholes in the running have had their fun. If Carson gets it done, cool. I guess.

CP needs to step it up

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Oh yes. I put my old #9 jersey on in honor of Carson Palmer tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 12:28 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh yes.  I put my old #9 jersey on in honor of Carson Palmer tonight.

Good tom see Carson get the monkey off his back

Reply/Quote
Nobody else I like left, at least we have some tie. Maybe if Carson wins the bowl he is totally justified in leaving. Give some pain to M. Brown and M. Lewis, perennial losers.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I can't hold a grudge against CP. Watching him play with Ocho and Housh provided some of my best memories as a Bengals fan. A lot of great franchise players end up leaving their organization under less than amicable terms (e.g. Corey Dillon, Brett Favre, Barry Larkin, etc.). I can't hold anything against these guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:20 PM)whodeyfan1 Wrote: I can't hold a grudge against CP.  Watching him play with Ocho and Housh provided some of my best memories as a Bengals fan.  A lot of great franchise players end up leaving their organization under less than amicable terms (e.g. Corey Dillon, Brett Favre, Barry Larkin, etc.).  I can't hold anything against these guys.

It's all about winning, and the Bengals just don't win enough as a franchise to get that sort of "all is forgiven" mindset going.  Favre got his number retired after waffling around and then going to a division rival, and James Harrison was welcomed back to Pittsburgh with glorious festivities even though he demanded more money from the Steelers and then signed with a division rival.  Franco Harris held out and demanded a release from the Steelers, but you see his statue at the Pittsburgh airport, not the Seattle one.  So on and so forth.

Players who have rings are forgiven far more easily...it's what you've done in the past moreso than how you left.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 10:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hate he quit on our team and city, but time to let it go. I hope Carson wins tonight and goes on to win it all. Best of luck CP.

If he's playing the piss and black, I'll root for him.  Other wise, couldn't care less.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 08:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Nobody else I like left, at least we have some tie. Maybe if Carson wins the bowl he is totally justified in leaving. Give some pain to M. Brown and M. Lewis, perennial losers.

Don't forget, any pain directed at MB and ML flows down directly onto Bengal fans.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:06 PM)McC Wrote: Don't forget, any pain directed at MB and ML flows down directly onto Bengal fans.

Neither Marvin nor mike should care. They're rich and without accountability. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Neither Marvin nor mike should care. They're rich and without accountability. 

Wasn't at all my point.  

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 05:53 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't at all my point.  

So I see. My bad.  Anyways, being a Bengals fan means you have to let slams against Mike Brown slide off your back.  25 years running, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So I see. My bad.  Anyways, being a Bengals fan means you have to let slams against Mike Brown slide off your back.  25 years running, right?

I look at it like this.  I know it's probable going to be hot as hell here in July.  It just is what it is and no amount of me complaining about it will make it one degree cooler.

I don't need constant, and I mean constant, reminder of 25 years and all that.  Doesn't make it go away.  Whatever team of which you're a fan will come with a certain history.  You can't change it.  Words won't change it, for sure.  Billboards didn't change it, radio hosts, newspaper writers, no one can change it.

This is my philosophy, if you will allow me to quote myself.  It comes from one of my songs--

I might be wrong
I might be strange
I never mess with things
I can't change.

And I have always found that complaining about the inevitable is an utter waste of time.  And wishing pain for the bosses is wishing pain for us too, something which makes zero sense to me.

Reply/Quote
Nope. Never cheering that for quitter. Go Panthers.
Reply/Quote
I am rooting for Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less about Palmer since he left. I'm rooting for the Pathers too.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:26 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Nope.  Never cheering that for quitter.  Go Panthers.

I agree, and watching him play against the Packers reminded me why I'm glad he left. He tried so hard to give that game away, but number 22 I think it was on the Packers couldn't seem to catch the football. In other news, Palmer's favorite target is now a Buffalo Bill, Ed Reed joined Rex Ryan and his brother in Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am rooting for Palmer.

This
Reply/Quote