Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for my serving of Crow
(10-09-2023, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The cardinals have the 5th most sacks this year. FYI.

12th

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 12th

8th as of today.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-team-sacks-this-season

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 8th as of today.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-team-sacks-this-season

Yep. I stand corrected. There are 5 teams tied for 8th with 15 sacks. Bengals being one of them.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was one of the bigger bangers of the sit Joe Burrow down crowd, and I was wrong. I was worried about his long term health playing like he was prior to yesterday. He was just a giant immobile target!! And playing like crap.

I never dreamed he would turn it around so fast, and I was wrong. I don't pretend to be a soft tissue injury expert or a Doctor, but I'm shocked.

But I'm also very happy I was wrong.

Who Dey

It's not like any of us had his medical information... just tweets and vague comments by Joe and the organisation.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I would argue that you were NOT wrong. clearly Joe wa snot ready to play until this past week. We probably win at least 1 more game if we game planned around Browning instead of a gimpy Joe

But what if Jake had thrown 8 TDs and ran for an additional 200 yards in the game? We would have all forgotten about Joe.. The most expensive clipboard holder in the entire world history of clipboard holders..   Smirk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 01:22 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: It's not like any of us had his medical information... just tweets and vague comments by Joe and the organisation.

Each week before this, they said Joe “looked good” in practice and he came out and looked…not good. And this week it was the same story before the game, it’s one of those things “I’ll believe it when I see it” and boy did we see it on Sunday.

That’s why I always reserve judgment until the end of the game especially when it comes to injuries.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On a different note, I wonder how many fantasy players didn't start Burrow and or Chase, and then lived on to regret that decision?

How about the fantasy players who kept Higgins in their lineup?  Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 07:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: How about the fantasy players who kept Higgins in their lineup?  Ninja

Keeping a player in, when the news was out there that he had a broken rib was a foolhardy endeavor.  Either that, or you had no other competent options on your bench..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that some of this is playing a weak Cardinals defense. Their pass rush isn't as good as the others we faced.

I doubt that he miraculously healed between last game where he looked terrible and this game. Likely he felt somewhat better.

Agree with all of this, but also think Joe was moving better, and driving off his bad leg much better as well. He looked much improved as far as mobility goes to me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:01 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The cardinals have the 5th most sacks this year. FYI.

Thank you for pointing that out. I also believe they lead the league in big yardage plays this year on offense.... They weren't a pushover team...
Reply/Quote