Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for the D
There is no reason that whomever we have in at QB should determine this game. Sure, we might play better with one QB or the other, but it shouldn't dictate the game. We have an amazing defense, and they need to prove it.

I'm talking about our dreadlock crew out there.

-Burfict
-Nelson
-Pacman
-Kirkpatrick

If these 4 plays lights out, there is no way that Pitt can win. Geno and Dunlap are just the cherry on top. Honestly, there is no reason that this defense shouldn't dominate this game and win for us.

We always want to talk about the QB and the offense, but its time for the defense to step up and carry this team.
Reply/Quote
I would just love to see us bracket brown. Their entire offense progresses through him and no one seems to double him at all...ever.
Reply/Quote
Yeah this game is going to have a lot of pressure on our D. Not just those 4 guys, but we need Atkins and Dunlap to pressure the fat, ugly rapist early and often if we are going to slow their pass game down. We also need to be hitting and jamming Brown as much as humanly possible to try to throw off their timing. They have some rubber-necked alien looking creature too, named Bryant, and we need to really watch that thing deep --it has potential to make big plays. Our defense has their work cut out for them. They will have to carry us through this game.
Reply/Quote
Was I the only one that read the title the wrong way?

Pass rush needs to get to Ben and contain him. LBs need to step up and hover over the TE.

Reply/Quote
Burfict needs to not have any unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, lol. Seems to come with his territory though, and the way refs are...the first steelers game there was a penalty called every other play.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:45 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burfict needs to not have any unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, lol. Seems to come with his territory though, and the way refs are...the first steelers game there was a penalty called every other play.

Pregame scuffles will do that. Bengals must contain themselves this week. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:13 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There is no reason that whomever we have in at QB should determine this game. Sure, we might play better with one QB or the other, but it shouldn't dictate the game. We have an amazing defense, and they need to prove it.

I'm talking about our dreadlock crew out there.

-Burfict
-Nelson
-Pacman
-Kirkpatrick

If these 4 plays lights out, there is no way that Pitt can win. Geno and Dunlap are just the cherry on top. Honestly, there is no reason that this defense shouldn't dominate this game and win for us.

We always want to talk about the QB and the offense, but its time for the defense to step up and carry this team.
I agree that the Defense has seemed to get a free pass but to think that the offense does not factor into the equation is wrong and to think not having Dalton does not factor into the equation is wrong also.  If our offense does not move the ball, then field position will dictate the game more than Defense..

I do give more weight to our Defense in this game but the Offense has to perform with our backup QB... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The last time we played against Pitt are pass rush was nonexistent. Geno and company were nowhere to be found. We need to get pressure on Ben they have a 3rd string 6’9 left tackle who was undrafted and played TE in college we need Dunlap to dominate him like he did against the Denver tackle. We need to find a linebacker who can cover Heath Miller on 3rd down this guy kills us every time we play them. Not sure it this is true but it seems like Kirkpatrick always covers Brown much rather see pacman on him.
Reply/Quote
That's what he said.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:45 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burfict needs to not have any unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, lol. Seems to come with his territory though, and the way refs are...the first steelers game there was a penalty called every other play.

Burfict really needs to control his emotions this week, to channel all that energy towards the field and making plays.  Same with Jones and Kirkpatrick.  I actually think they could all take a lesson from Geno and Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:56 AM)thegimp Wrote: I would just love to see us bracket brown.  Their entire offense progresses through him and no one seems to double him at all...ever.

Ben's favorite target is Heath Miller, they need to shut him down for those 10-15 yard throws in order to succeed Saturday also.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:31 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Burfict really needs to control his emotions this week, to channel all that energy towards the field and making plays.  Same with Jones and Kirkpatrick.  I actually think they could all take a lesson from Geno and Dunlap.

I thought Burfict did a perfect job of that yesterday. He played like man on fire, but also helped the enemy up after plays. It's gonna be harder to control those emotions against our rival, but I think Burfict will do right this time. I read an article where the defense got together and vowed to stop the personal fouls as it was hurting their chances to win games...

The thing that makes me excited is that Tez has only looked better and better as the season goes.. His pick last week was awesome!
Reply/Quote