Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time perception
As I've aged I've noticed more how my own perception of time changes from days and even years and down even to minutes and seconds. 
Some examples... For myself the past 20 or so years have really speeded up, but that is part of biology..I'm simply closer to dying of old age than I've ever been which by the way is also true for everyone. Every second of your life brings you closer to old age in general. Seconds on the other hand seem to drag on.  Standing in front of the microwave oven waiting for water to get hot..It's agonizing! Even though it only takes a minute or so two minutes is still 120 damned seconds.. I have to go find something to get my mind away from the microwave or it just consumes me..Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but everyone experiences it..
Waiting for Sunday at 1pm during football season..I bet you know that one.. Waiting for football season in April.. You just can't speed that one up. 
Traffic or lack of traffic..A red light at the wrong time..vs a nice drive to another county away on side roads..Always goes too fast..
How does your perception of time change depending on what you're doing at any given time?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I do Chi Kung, sort of like Yoga. When I’m in a deep stance, and my legs are on fire because I’ve been in a deep stance for 5 minutes, time slows down to a crawl.

Larely it seems like i can be ***** off for just a few minutes, and behold! two hours have gone by. I don’t like when that happens…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
My wife tried to do a plank for a minute. She’s like, “Damn, a minute is a long time.”

Right? That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her all these years.
Reply/Quote
You wanna slow down time? Plank.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 8ed2159c1b913c15668c67faa00350c6.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 05:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You wanna slow down time? Plank.

It’s literally maddening how impossibly long the last ten seconds takes.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 11:01 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It’s literally maddening how impossibly long the last ten seconds takes.

I wish it was only the last 10 seconds. As soon as I get into position time slows so bad I can literally see the air moving around me and everyone starts sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher.
Reply/Quote
I just want to speed up time with the microwave..maybe slow down dying time just a tad..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2022, 11:00 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: 8ed2159c1b913c15668c67faa00350c6.gif]

Every time I see him I always think, “F*** yeah, I resisted.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matthew-mcconaughey-1999-nude-bongo-arrest-174327112.html
Reply/Quote
The fastest minutes are when the Jump Master says: You have 10 minutes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote