Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to Get Down to Business
Ok, since many have been here for a few dozen hours, mods are in place, and the seal has been broken, let's get down to brass tacks.

This franchise is a turd sandwich. A real giant douche if you will. The urgency shown by this team this offseason is akin to the urgency I show when I'm taking a Sunday morning deuce. Little to none. As much as I'm going to relax, while taking the Browns to the Superbowl and simultaneously reading the sports page, that's about the level of urgency they have shown in trying/wanting to win now.

New coach? Forgetaboutit... Are you kidding me? Let's give this d-rocket another extension. I mean why not, right? We're not even into year 20 of the rebuilding project.

Additions or changes to staff? Yeah, ok, like that was going to happen any other way than them leaving on their own. Piano Man, the Hayes boys and the rest of the merry men have the job security of public school teacher with tenure.

A QB competition? Even if only for the sake of motivation, perhaps team building, or manufactured confidence in the predetermined winner? *****, please. Surely the 22nd rated QB and his whopping 14 TD passed or whatever his noodled armed ass threw last year can't be subjected to such a slap in the face. How dare anyone even entertain the idea that Andy may need to someone to push him and may need to win his spot just like everyone else.

Surely they did something in FA, right? Something to add that missing piece or two. Something to put us over the top. Noooooope. Here's 4 former players (MJ, Simms, JJ, Ghee, who we didn't win with before, and a 47 year old LB, inked with a 500k signing bonus and a Buddy Card, who even in his prime was average.

Well, there's always the draft, right. Here's two tackles in back to back rounds to kick off the draft. Hey, that's great but not sure how that helps us win now. (side note: remember how quick the team is to point to the upcoming expiring contracts of Smith and Whitworth when rationilizing not spending money. Drafting two tackles doesn't inspire a ton of confidence you've actually earmarked that money for both)

So, come on, what's changed? Anything? What's different? Do they want to win more? Are they trying their best? Do the care if they appear to be trying? Are you confident? Heck, are the players? I know if my company kept screwing the pooch in one area and the 25th Monday in a row I come in and we're having the same sales meeting, with the same agenda, same pitch, same product, same everything, I'm not going to have a ton confidence it's what's being presented.

Mike Brown, eat a bag of... Your product is inferior, and worst of all is boring. It's stale and has been stale for years. If this team slips up in the slightest I believe the amount of empty seats that rival anything you saw in the days of Riverfront. They've built up no loyalty in this recent stretch, their product does little to excite in the way of anything different or new.

Bengals football 2015 = Yawn Good luck, you're going to need it.

Note: This thread is equal parts a tongue in cheek attempt to show that this forum can, and will most likely, be very similar, and me legitimate griping about this steady worm, cheap, outdated, Mickey Mouse approach to modern football.
Reply/Quote
Tell us how you really feel or sumthin
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:46 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Ok, since many have been here for a few dozen hours, mods are in place, and the seal has been broken, let's get down to brass tacks.

This franchise is a turd sandwich.  A real giant douche if you will.  The urgency showed by this team this offseason is akin to the urgency I show when I'm taking a Sunday morning deuce.  Little to none.  As much as I'm going to relax, while taking the Browns to the Superbowl and simultaneously reading the sports page, that's about the level of urgency they have shown in trying/wanting to win now.

New coach?  Forgetaboutit...  Are you kidding me? Let's give this d-rocket another extension?  

Additions or changes to staff?  Yeah, ok, like that was going to happen any other way than them leaving on their own.  Piano Man, the Hayes boys and the rest of the merry men have the job security of public school teacher with tenure.  

A QB competition?  Even if the sake of motivation, team building, confidence in the predetermined winner?  *****, please.  Surely the 22nd rated QB and his whopping 14 TD passed or whatever his noodled armed ass threw last year can't be subjected to such a slap in the face.  

Surely they did something in FA, right?  Something to add that missing piece or two.  Something to put us over the top. Noooooope.  Here's 4 former players (MJ, Simms, JJ, Ghee, who we didn't win with before, and a 47 year old LB, inked with a 500k signing bonus and a Buddy Card, who even in his prime was average.  

Well, there's always the draft, right.  Here's two tackles in back to back rounds to kick off the draft.  Hey, that's great but not sure how that helps us win now.  (side note: remember how quick the team is to point to the upcoming expiring contracts of Smith and Whitworth when rationilizing not spending money.  Drafting two tackles doesn't inspire a ton of confidence you've actually earmarked that money for both)

So, come on, what's changed?  Anything?  What's different?  Do they want to win more?  Are they trying their best?  Do the care if they appear to be trying?  Are you confident?  Heck, are the players?  I know if my company kept screwing the pooch in one area and the 25th Monday in a row I come in and we're having the same sales meeting, with the same agenda, same pitch, same product, same everything, I'm not going to have a ton confidence it's what's being presented.

Mike Brown, eat a bag of...  Your product is inferior, and worst of all is boring.  It's stale and has been stale for years.  If this team slips up in the slightest I believe the amount of empty seats that rival anything you saw in the days of Riverfront.  They've built up no loyalty in this recent stretch, their product does little to excite in the way of anything different or new.

Bengals football 2015 =  Yawn  Good luck, you're going to need it.
Now all we are missing is Neek.
Reply/Quote
I'm so glad that Management (suck a bag o'dix) has nothing to say about this site. If we all stick to what we did best over on the official site, this is going to be a blast.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 02:21 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm so glad that Management (suck a bag o'dix) has nothing to say about this site. If we all stick to what we did best over on the official site, this is going to be a blast.

Lets's get down to bizzness

I ain't got no time to play around wut izz thiss

I'm just like shady or sumtin tss
Reply/Quote
Posts by Toast Jones are comedy gold.

Well done!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:46 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Ok, since many have been here for a few dozen hours, mods are in place, and the seal has been broken, let's get down to brass tacks.

This franchise is a turd sandwich.  A real giant douche if you will.  The urgency shown by this team this offseason is akin to the urgency I show when I'm taking a Sunday morning deuce.  Little to none.  As much as I'm going to relax, while taking the Browns to the Superbowl and simultaneously reading the sports page, that's about the level of urgency they have shown in trying/wanting to win now.

New coach?  Forgetaboutit...  Are you kidding me? Let's give this d-rocket another extension.  I mean why not, right?  We're not even into year 20 of the rebuilding project.

Additions or changes to staff?  Yeah, ok, like that was going to happen any other way than them leaving on their own.  Piano Man, the Hayes boys and the rest of the merry men have the job security of public school teacher with tenure.  

A QB competition?  Even if only for the sake of motivation, perhaps team building, or manufactured confidence in the predetermined winner?  *****, please.  Surely the 22nd rated QB and his whopping 14 TD passed or whatever his noodled armed ass threw last year can't be subjected to such a slap in the face.  How dare anyone even entertain the idea that Andy may need to someone to push him and may need to win his spot just like everyone else.

Surely they did something in FA, right?  Something to add that missing piece or two.  Something to put us over the top. Noooooope.  Here's 4 former players (MJ, Simms, JJ, Ghee, who we didn't win with before, and a 47 year old LB, inked with a 500k signing bonus and a Buddy Card, who even in his prime was average.  

Well, there's always the draft, right.  Here's two tackles in back to back rounds to kick off the draft.  Hey, that's great but not sure how that helps us win now.  (side note: remember how quick the team is to point to the upcoming expiring contracts of Smith and Whitworth when rationilizing not spending money.  Drafting two tackles doesn't inspire a ton of confidence you've actually earmarked that money for both)

So, come on, what's changed?  Anything?  What's different?  Do they want to win more?  Are they trying their best?  Do the care if they appear to be trying?  Are you confident?  Heck, are the players?  I know if my company kept screwing the pooch in one area and the 25th Monday in a row I come in and we're having the same sales meeting, with the same agenda, same pitch, same product, same everything, I'm not going to have a ton confidence it's what's being presented.

Mike Brown, eat a bag of...  Your product is inferior, and worst of all is boring.  It's stale and has been stale for years.  If this team slips up in the slightest I believe the amount of empty seats that rival anything you saw in the days of Riverfront.  They've built up no loyalty in this recent stretch, their product does little to excite in the way of anything different or new.

Note:  This thread is equal parts a tongue in cheek attempt to show that this forum can, and will most likely, be very similar, and me legitimate griping about this steady worm, cheap, outdated, Mickey Mouse approach to modern football.

I too am wondering what home attendance will be like. How many will pay to watch another season with Marvin and Andy at the helm?
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Free agency was pretty good. MJ, Hawk, and Moore.

The draft even though we did get high scores I kinda agree that the 2 two tackle thing was weak. Shoulda added somebody who is gonna help this year
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Shoulda added somebody who is gonna help this year

Jake Fisher will help a lot when Andre Smith can't go.

Paul Dawson will help a lot when one of the starting linebackers is out.

One of the new tight ends will help a lot when Eifert is out with an injury.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Free agency was pretty good.  MJ, Hawk, and Moore.

The draft even though we did get high scores I kinda agree that the 2 two tackle thing was weak.  Shoulda added somebody who is gonna help this year

I like the picks. These guys have the potential to be big time contributors for us for years to come. The Bengals stayed true to their board. This team wasn't going to be reliant on a rookie to get them over the hump.
Reply/Quote

This franchise is a turd sandwich.  A real giant douche if you will.  The urgency shown by this team this offseason is akin to the urgency I show when I'm taking a Sunday morning deuce.  Little to none.  As much as I'm going to relax, while taking the Browns to the Superbowl and simultaneously reading the sports page, that's about the level of urgency they have shown in trying/wanting to win now.

New coach?  Forgetaboutit...  Are you kidding me? Let's give this d-rocket another extension.  I mean why not, right?  We're not even into year 20 of the rebuilding project.

A QB competition?  Even if only for the sake of motivation, perhaps team building, or manufactured confidence in the predetermined winner?  *****, please.  Surely the 22nd rated QB and his whopping 14 TD passed or whatever his noodled armed ass threw last year can't be subjected to such a slap in the face.  How dare anyone even entertain the idea that Andy may need to someone to push him and may need to win his spot just like everyone else.

Note:  This thread is equal parts a tongue in cheek attempt to show that this forum can, and will most likely, be very similar, and me legitimate griping about this steady worm, cheap, outdated, Mickey Mouse approach to modern football.

With the schedule they've got this year, and showing with the draft that they are in a 2016 and beyond mindset........it could be long season. A Playoff spot is all this franchise can muster with no impactful changes to the status quo. So.....yeah, more of the same gets you more of the same. It's science.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:28 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Free agency was pretty good.  MJ, Hawk, and Moore.

The draft even though we did get high scores I kinda agree that the 2 two tackle thing was weak.  Shoulda added somebody who is gonna help this year

I don't know who the Bengals should have taken in the draft to "help this year". Malcolm Brown? Atkins and Peko (begrudgingly) are starting at DT. Bud Dupree? MJ and Dunlap are starting at DE and Dupree would have had to learn to play in space as an LB. I think the Bengals could have/should have addressed WR earlier, but it seems like they have faith in Jones coming back at full strength.

Dawson is going to have an immediate impact. He's either going to push Lemur to be better or take his place. Shaw could see playing time as the nickel corner or filling in at safety. Alford will (hopefully) take Tate's spot as a returner and mitigate the need to have Pacman pull double duty. Oh, and they added a swing tackle that will probably be the heavy TE from the word go, who can also play guard.
[Image: HZgos1.png]
Reply/Quote

.....but AJ McCarron says he is going to push Andy.....Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....but AJ McCarron says he is going to push Andy.....Mellow

tsss yea push him off a bridge or sumptin
Reply/Quote
I think we had a solid offseason. Michael Johnson signing was huge for us and a very solid draft. The first two picks are a question mark for how much they can help us in the first year but we added some other guys that can help right away and those tackles should pay off big time in a couple of years. The biggest problem with the team is still Andy Dalton. He is the make or break guy every single season and it is always the latter. I hope he does well which leads to the team making a postseason run. However, if he disappears in the biggest moments again then I just pray Mike Brown will get his head out of his ass and look for an upgrade finally. Dalton's contract is structured for him to have a big season or go. We kept Leon Hall at $10 million dollars this season instead of working out a restructure so I don't have a ton of faith in ever seeing Dalton let go if he sucks again.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:31 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think we had a solid offseason. Michael Johnson signing was huge for us and a very solid draft. The first two picks are a question mark for how much they can help us in the first year but we added some other guys that can help right away and those tackles should pay off big time in a couple of years. The biggest problem with the team is still Andy Dalton. He is the make or break guy every single season and it is always the latter. I hope he does well which leads to the team making a postseason run. However, if he disappears in the biggest moments again then I just pray Mike Brown will get his head out of his ass and look for an upgrade finally. Dalton's contract is structured for him to have a big season or go. We kept Leon Hall at $10 million dollars this season instead of working out a restructure so I don't have a ton of faith in ever seeing Dalton let go if he sucks again.

It was solid, but they said it was going to be aggressive. It wasn't. Not even close.

Yes, Dalton is an issue, but LAST season, the defense was certainly the biggest issue. The pass rush was horrendous, and the run d wasn't exactly the '85 Bears. We didn't really make a splash there when we should have. Peko is past his prime, imo, Geno and Burfict are still huge questions that we don't really know the answers to, and the depth at DE is "experimental". Yes, MJ and Sims were solid pickups, but not aggressive ones, and as far as questions go, are we sure MJ is going to return to form? He looked like shit last season. Hawk? That's a joke, imo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 01:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....but AJ McCarron says he is going to push Andy.....Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 04:39 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Jake Fisher will help a lot when Andre Smith can't go.

Paul Dawson will help a lot when one of the starting linebackers is out.

One of the new tight ends will help a lot when Eifert is out with an injury.

.....and who is going to help at receiver?? or did you not watch Velcro Sunday aka last year's playoff joke(would never call it a game because it sure as hell wasnt one)?? Rex Burkead in the slot was great to watch.
Reply/Quote
Why are you here?
Reply/Quote
My first post on here after years on JN.

Glad I wasted my time reading this. (Not.)
Reply/Quote