Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to Make Things Right
I blame myself. And you guys... just because.

Ever since I talked shit before the KC game, my Ravens haven't looked the same. It's time to make things right. We've lost our All Pro LT and Nick Boyle who makes all the key move blocks in the running game. We traded Hayden Hurst. Now we have to change our offense. We literally can't run the same plays/formations without Boyle.

Tomorrow vs the Titans, Lamar and the offense will dominate. We don't have Campbell or Brandon Williams. The team is hurt. There are a lot of reasons to pick the Titans. Queen has made a ton of mistakes and Henry should run all over us. But I'm here to tell you that's not happening. We're gonna play like our hair's on fire, Michael Jackson style (look it up young bucks).

We've been trying to replicate 2019 all year and it hasn't happened. Now we have to switch it up. Look out. AFC North'ers know how we play when our back's against the wall. It's time. Feels like old school Ravens again, us against the world.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 11:27 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I blame myself. And you guys... just because.

Ever since I talked shit before the KC game, my Ravens haven't looked the same. It's time to make things right. We've lost our All Pro LT and Nick Boyle who makes all the key move blocks in the running game. We traded Hayden Hurst. Now we have to change our offense. We literally can't run the same plays/formations without Boyle.

Tomorrow vs the Titans, Lamar and the offense will dominate. We don't have Campbell or Brandon Williams. The team is hurt. There are a lot of reasons to pick the Titans. Queen has made a ton of mistakes and Henry should run all over us. But I'm here to tell you that's not happening. We're gonna play like our hair's on fire, Michael Jackson style (look it up young bucks).

We've been trying to replicate 2019 all year and it hasn't happened. Now we have to switch it up. Look out. AFC North'ers know how we play when our back's against the wall. It's time. Feels like old school Ravens again, us against the world.

So ........ How'd that work out for ya? 
Reply/Quote
Oh well, I tried.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:42 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Oh well, I tried.

Am i missing something? I read your post to mean that the last time you talked shit, the team started playing bad. So now, you talk some more shit to try and reverse it? Or what?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There was a crazy stat displayed during the game that the Ravens, with Jackson under center, have only ever won one game that they were trailing in after the 1st quarter. Looks like people have really started to figure Jackson out, which doesn't bode well for the Ravens long term.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Am i missing something? I read your post to mean that the last time you talked shit, the team started playing bad. So now, you talk some more shit to try and reverse it? Or what?

Yea was going for the reverse jinx. I can be superstitious, especially with sports.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There was a crazy stat displayed during the game that the Ravens, with Jackson under center, have only ever won one game that they were trailing in after the 1st quarter.  Looks like people have really started to figure Jackson out, which doesn't bode well for the Ravens long term.

Jackson will be fine, it's the offense itself that leads to those stats imo. Classic Greg Roman. Always has top rushing and bottom passing teams if you remember from SF and Buffalo. The flip side is if we get ahead it's hard to come back on us, so the reverse of those stats are also true (when we're leading at halftime etc). 

You're right though, defenses have adjusted. We have a make shift Oline now and lost Boyle so we can't run 12 & 21 personnel like we've leaned on. We haven't been able to keep up coaching wise and didn't invest in WRs. Dez was our best WR today, pretty insane. No catches for Hollywood.

Last year and the end of 2018 were the perfect storm. That's not coming back. The bright side for the Ravens is that this defense is very good. We're missing Campbell & Williams up front and lost 3 out of 4. Our pass defense is still great. If we stay healthy we'll have one of the best defenses. We're still near the top in points allowed. Humphrey & Jimmy Smith have missed games too and they're back.

So yea, Jackson is not the issue at all. His reads and going through progressions, accuracy is all there. His worst game was against your Steelers. But our #1 WR is 5'8" and can't get separation or YAC. The read options are still effective. But Lamar has no help right now, especially from the coaches.

Happy Thanksgiving, should be another good game.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:23 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Always has top rushing and bottom passing teams if you remember from SF and Buffalo.
It's easy to be a top rushing and bottom passing team when you have a RB playing QB. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's easy to be a top rushing and bottom passing team when you have a RB playing QB. Ninja

LOL...Look at this dude smacking about QB's.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's easy to be a top rushing and bottom passing team when you have a RB playing QB. Ninja

You're "spending most our (your) lives living in an Amish paradise". Thank you Weird Al. 

You say the smack board's dead and then use the oldest, lamest Lamar insult of all time. You should at least update that to he can't win a big game. Then again, I know Lancaster is like a time warp. It's where my wife goes to buy "quilts at discount price". Weird Al again  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:50 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: You're "spending most our (your) lives living in an Amish paradise". Thank you Weird Al. 

You say the smack board's dead and then use the oldest, lamest Lamar insult of all time. You should at least update that to he can't win a big game. Then again, I know Lancaster is like a time warp. It's where my wife goes to buy "quilts at discount price". Weird Al again  Wink

It's why I call him Lamar Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the problem is Lamar is treating each game like a playoff game?

As we all know:

[Image: IMG_7077.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 12:50 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: You're "spending most our (your) lives living in an Amish paradise". Thank you Weird Al. 

It's not old. This is only his 3rd year in the league. 

Just for reference, Ben the rapist has been going on for a decade or more...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Maybe the problem is Lamar is treating each game like a playoff game?

As we all know:

[Image: IMG_7077.jpg]

That needs to be updated for this year. He's more like a ricer right now. 

[Image: 6353c4ac8a5b6065c646647768e02ebc.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Too funny. Thanks guys I needed a laugh, have had a rough week around a nice Thanksgiving. People get real upset when others don't believe in Lamar but I'm not one of them. I genuinely believe in him and have since before the draft. He'll put all the questions to bed sooner than later.

Just like Burrow, Lamar has the it factor that can't be taught. He's too competitive and driven and is younger than Joe.

Tasteless joke: At least my QB still has four wheels...sorry Mr. Burrow, hope you get well soon.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 11:55 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Tasteless joke: At least my QB still has four wheels...sorry Mr. Burrow, hope you get well soon.

Aw hell, you really just didn't do that to Lamar did ya????
Reply/Quote