Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to Step up
(09-24-2021, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, that is exactly what I expect to see. Taylor's playcalling since Burrow limped off the field in the 1st game has been plays to try to protect him. I expect a big dose of runs Sunday.

I guess we'll see. It's what I'd do. But, of course, it's what I also would have done with a rookie QB last season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 05:48 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Time to step up? Well if they want to step up they’re going to have to increase the passes.Turn Burrow loose.This Offense was projected to be one of the best in the league this year.Prior to the season,there was alot of hype about Burrow and his weapons on Offense.

The Bears only scored 13 points against our defense.If the Bengals pick up where they left off with the Vikings and Bears in this predictable vanilla Offense,they’ll get blown o
First half we threw the ball around 15 times, only one series did we not achieve 1 or more first downs, and that was last drive with 40 seconds left.  We had 3 or more passes go for 10 or more yards.. play calling did not stop us.. 2 sacks set us back and Burrow not playing well on 3 and manageable 4/5 yards. 
2nd half,  1st drive we have Higgins open  deep for a TD with step on CB, Burrow just missed with throwing over wrong shoulder, 2nd series hit Higgins on a nice 15 yd. probably going to 20 plus.. FUMBLE.  next three drives Ints... 
you are not winning many games when you turn the ball over 4 series in a row in 2nd half...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 02:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First half we throw the ball around 15 times, only one series did we not achieve 1 or more first downs, and that was last drive with 40 seconds left.  We had 3 or more passes go for 10 or more yards.. play calling did not stop us.. 2 sacks set us back and Burrow not playing well on 3 and manageable 4/5 yards. 
2nd half,  1st drive we have Higgins open  deep for a TD with step on CB, Burrow just missed with throwing over wrong shoulder, 2nd series hit Higgins on a nice 15 yd. probably going to 20 plus.. FUMBLE.  next three drives Ints... 
you are not winning many games when you turn the ball over 4 series in a row in 2nd half...

Yep. I didn't want to rewatch it, but when i did i was surprised at how they were able to move the ball before an untimely sack or turnover screwed things up. It's amazing how they were about to miss so many opportunities and still come away with only a 3 pt loss. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 03:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. I didn't want to rewatch it, but when i did i was surprised at how they were able to move the ball before an untimely sack or turnover screwed things up. It's amazing how they were about to miss so many opportunities and still come away with only a 3 pt loss. 

Agreed and I noticed Bears played alot of 2 deep safeties and got relied on getting pressure with 4 down lineman, they dropped 6 to 7 in coverage also
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When I first read the title of the OP, I thought this was going to be a thread about ZT buying a Squatty Potty. Ninja

I could use one those this week...been plugged up similar to the Bengals Offense
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 05:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I could use one those this week...been plugged up similar to the Bengals Offense

All joking aside, they work.  I don't have one, but I put my legs up on my clothes hamper when I have a difficult "situation".  You will be surprised what a difference it makes.
Reply/Quote