Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to cut our losses
(11-18-2019, 03:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: While true, I don't think we really were a 6 win level team last year. We pulled off some pretty good early wins, but I honestly felt like I was watching a 3-4 win team all year, they just did well early doors to make it a 6 win season.

But that said, 0 wins this year and tbh we don't look like getting more than 1 at most. Taylor's had the cards stacked against him but we look absolutely awful. This year makes Marvin Lewis look like a messiah ffs.

Bengals need to hire someone from outside to come in and evaluate their talent, and let us know who to keep and who to get rid of. Apparently, our staff is not up to the task.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:26 PM)HuDey Wrote: I'm not saying that coaching is not a problem. I would love to see Anarumo and Jim Turner replaced as soon as possible with proven alternatives. I also wouldn't mind seeing a proven offensive coordinator calling the plays. All I am saying is give Taylor an opportunity to make the proper changes to his staff and roster before we decide that he can't do it. It makes no sense to can him after one season unless you can get a proven winner, and proven winners have options, and people with options typically don't choose to work for Mike Brown.

Well...Taylor got to hire that staff.

Honestly, Taylor calling plays has been arguably the worst part of the staff. He's not some offensive genius.

So what elite qualities does he bring to the table that make him a great coach? He seems to be a 'yes man' that works very hard on becoming friends with Bengals employees from what I've read.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: While true, I don't think we really were a 6 win level team last year. We pulled off some pretty good early wins, but I honestly felt like I was watching a 3-4 win team all year, they just did well early doors to make it a 6 win season.

But that said, 0 wins this year and tbh we don't look like getting more than 1 at most. Taylor's had the cards stacked against him but we look absolutely awful. This year makes Marvin Lewis look like a messiah ffs.

The team this year definitely had an opportunity to win games early in the same way.

We definitely had some winnable games...and with better playcalling, coaching, execution...we'd have several wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 03:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He will survive 0-16 this year .would he survive 0 - 16 next year? The scary thing is he would be 70 30 to stay for year 3 if that scenario happens. You would think concerning our next hire would make that position extremely valuable.

Taylor will make it through his contract here I'd say. 0-16, he's here next year. 3 or 4 wins next year and he's still here.

Honestly, it will be VERY hard to remain a fan of this team if we go 0-16.

Honestly, we're rooting for a team that we know is terribly managed and coached...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Lions are 3-6-1. I wouldn't call that 'great'.

re: Zac...you were one of the ones that argued that he was turning things around after the 1 point Seattle loss. Where have you been the past 10 weeks or so?

The Lions have been in pretty much every game and that has been with Jeff Driskel at the helm. You're right though, I should have said, Patricia has them playing well. 

I think about 90% of us here was upbeat after the loss to the Seahawks that following Monday. As for where have I been? Lets just call it, life has gotten in the way. Plus I don't do the whole drama thing on here. 
Reply/Quote
It’s amazing that the bengals receivers can’t get any separation from the CB’s on defense. But, our CB’s are so far off other teams receivers it is easy catches, why is that? Are our receivers and corner backs that bad, is that possible?
Reply/Quote
I’m strongly considering it, from the very beginning he chose to go with his loser friends than a established coach like Del Rio and he’s seriously in way over his head and comes across like a geek. Really don’t think I could stomach another year with this clown.
Reply/Quote
No. But close
Reply/Quote
I'll do what I do now. Get on here a bit to complain, watch what some of you whackadoos say, play fanspeak way too much, hope and dream. I won't be watching any games. Haven't this year, haven't missed it.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter who HC's this mike brown shit show. They will all be losers! Personally I can't believe ZT ever accepted the position at all. UNTIL THIS IDIOT OWNER AND FAMILY VACATE CINCINNATI, WE WILL NOT BE WINNERS!
I say send this shit show to England permanently. And then hope we can get a new owner that wants a winner. I don't care about the NFL not giving a team back because anyone with money enough can and will get a team somewhere! Even Here!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:22 AM)Trademark Wrote: I’m strongly considering it, from the very beginning he chose to go with his loser friends than a established coach like Del Rio and he’s seriously in way over his head and comes across like a geek. Really don’t think I could stomach another year with this clown.

Short answer is no.  Bengals are my team for better or worse.

As for Taylor i think the big concern we've seen so far is basically that he's been promoted beyond his capability and the job is simply too big for him.

It's funny i read a lot of his comments about the younger players regarding they need to be more consistent , opportunity to step up, learn on the job and to be honest I think they all relate to him and his coaching staff too....who are basically rookies in role.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:22 AM)Trademark Wrote: I’m strongly considering it, from the very beginning he chose to go with his loser friends than a established coach like Del Rio and he’s seriously in way over his head and comes across like a geek. Really don’t think I could stomach another year with this clown.

Personally I wouldn't mind him coming back, but I want an overhaul of the overall coaching staff. Bring in some real coaches with NFL pedigree and get him some veteran coaches with experience to show him the ropes. Jack Del Rio should have been the DC coaching choice in my opinion. On top of no FA moves and lots of injuries, inexperience in coaching has led to this abysmal season.

I'd rather start from scratch however if it's between that or keeping everyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:34 AM)HuDey Wrote: I can't get get my pitchfork out just yet. This team was rapidly circling the drain when Taylor walked through the door and to expect immediate improvement with the same roster was not realistic to begin with. When we hired Taylor, I said that it was going to get worse before it got better and the only question is how long is it going to stay worse. This team needs a massive roster overhaul to start with, and Taylor also will need to take a hard look at his coaching staff. I need to see what he does this offseason and how he adjusts after having a season to evaluate his roster and staff. What changes will he make to correct the things that did not work? How will he address the roster in terms of the draft, FA, and what decisions will be made concerning guys like Green and Dalton, who are at or nearing the end of their contracts?

I think we will learn a lot more about Zac Taylor after this season than we do during it.

He has some big,big calls to make and I believe he deserves the chance to make them into next season.

Whether he genuinely believes what he is saying to the press at the moment no-one knows but how he reacts in the off season will be interesting.

The staff are his guys and its not working at the moment....if he really thinks they are close and players just need to be more consistent then fine - that's his call....but come next season if he kept that coaching staff and we are only winning 3-4 games then we are in trouble
Reply/Quote
Fire the Coordinators, bring in Jack Del Rio as DC and Jay Gruden as OC.

That'll work right?

Oh yeah draft well and be active in Free Agency
Reply/Quote
I'd fire every coach but we are talking about Mikey Brown here.

We all wanted Del Rio as DC but they got a scrub from Miami, just like the rest of the coaches.
Reply/Quote
My theory is that the Ram's successful offense the last few years was a result of Jeff Fischer leaving.

Jeff Fischer ran an extrememly primitive offense but built an otherwise sound team on defense. When McVay took over he improved the Ram's offense simply by not being Fischer. The wins soon came because they were still great on defense and other teams had not gotten used to the fact that their offense was not terrible anymore. Essentially, they snuck up on people. However, once teams began to account for the Rams' offense, the team came back down to Earth.

A very similar thing happened to Baltimore once Flacco replaced McNair. Flacco provided a mild boost in offense that complimented their great defense and they were all of a sudden able to compete with other teams like the Colts and Patriots and eventually won a superbowl. Once they lost that great defense they too came back down to Earth for a while. Now, with Jackson, they got a new injection of energy, but I think they need to capitalize on his youth sooner rather than later. I don't see him producing 10 years into his career like Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rogers, or other pocket passers.
Reply/Quote