Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to face it...
(01-15-2022, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was pushing hard for an "offensive minded" HC, wanted Zac, allowed myself to doubt after 6-25-1, but 2019 me was right all along. I should've never doubted myself. Mellow

Don't look now, but I just got back from the year 2037 and people are asking who really won Cincy all those SBs...Burrow or Zac Taylor?  Or did they both ride the wave of Mike Brown finally getting it as the GM in his 33rd year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It was more variables than being green.....

Yep. NFL fans are reluctant to admit that tanking has spread to the NFL, but it has.

First it was in the NBA, then MLB, now the NFL. It followed right on the heels of analytics.

Now that's not to say players and coaches try to lose. They don't. Teams just clear out big contracts, don't bring in any great players, and make it very difficult to win for a couple years.

Rack up draft picks, get your franchise QB, and also have a ton of cap room. The Browns did it this way, and then the Bengals. Jags are in the middle of it, but they really botched the HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:50 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: ...I guess I am pretty much converted.  Zac Taylor still has some learning to do, but I am convinced he can continue to grow as a coach.  And as being perhaps his biggest hater, I am wrong.  Zac Taylor is young, and can become a very good coach with this young core.

Folks, you may now serve me crow, I'll eat it anyway but raw.  In fact, I'll start off with course #1.
[Image: eating-crow-1.jpg]

I felt the same in Burrow,  I've come around to him but still has some learning to go, a great duo 
Reply/Quote
Zac's got an 18th year with this win.

I've grown to think he was a good HC. It was just his playcalling at times that I questioned. He's got to loosen it up some and let it fly now that the monkey is off the city/team's back. This deep in the playoffs he's got to let it fly fearlessly.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here for my crow. Wanted the guy fired. Swore he would never win a playoff game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Save some for the rest of us.

Time to go merchandise shopping.
Reply/Quote
He was terrible
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:37 AM)motoarch Wrote: He was terrible

Yep, but he's redeemed himself.  Gotta give him credit for that.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard the ZT Bengals Superbowl Train! We are now pulling out of Cincinnati heading to Nashville.
We will have one more stop after that until we reach Sofi Stadium, our final destination!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:41 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Yep, but he's redeemed himself.  Gotta give him credit for that.

For what?  They won but that was inspite of some bizarre play calls.  So of which shouldnt have worked but did by pure virtue of talent of field and some that failed turn ing what could have been a blowout into a nail biter.

Don't get me wrong, I as happy as can be with a playoff win but Zac Taylor was really really bad tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:37 AM)motoarch Wrote: He was terrible

STFU
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: STFU

No, he sucked
Reply/Quote
Some people will never give Zac any credit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:53 AM)motoarch Wrote: No, he sucked

What made him terrible?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:54 AM)Earendil Wrote: Some people will never give Zac any credit.

Folks don't like to be wrong...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:53 AM)motoarch Wrote: No, he sucked

Bro, that's pretty harsh, and I was hard on him all year.  What plays specifically do you feel were bad?  He should have tried to get that last first down, but other than that.  The sweep on 4 & 1 was an awesome call.  Great play design.

You gotta' celebrate this man.  Been a LONG time.
Who Dey
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It appears Zac is the man.But man I have to admit,he really gets on my nerves sometimes when he calls these predictable run plays,when in reality,the ball should be in Burrow’s hands.Although,this isn’t a time to complain.Let’s just enjoy the win.On to Tennessee! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks don't like to be wrong...

I was wrong.  I ate my crow.  
[Image: jim-carrey-throw-up.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I got nothing. It’s time for me to say it. ZT is a good coach.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: zac has a contract that can only be terminated by himself now. My main comment is taking the ball out of burrow's hands and putting it into our run game is probably the right decision but when looking at our personnel, it doesn't work. Zac is young too he'll adjust, and Burrow will convince him lol

I can agree with this.

It's not all about running the ball as a decision.

It's about recognizing the personnel and what isn't working 

I agree.  He'll learn.  I hope.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote