Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it’s Brown it’s Going Down
Kansas City fans are claiming Cincinnati is their kryptonite; maybe it’s true. But, in the Joe Burrow era, the Cleveland Browns are the Bengals’ kryptonite. It’s time to change this trend because there is no way such a talented and well coached — yes, well coached — roster should be consistently pushed around by players representing The Mistake by the Lake.

Put this in your heads, Bengaldom: Patrick Mahomes is 0-3 against Joe Burrow but Joe Burrow is 0-4 against the Browns. In fact, he has never beaten Cleveland; not even once. I find his 0-4 record against the Dung inexplicable. It makes zero sense. Andy Dalton was 12-5 against Cleveland and Carson Palmer went 10-4 against the Turds. This “0 for” with Joe Burrow against the Stains must end on Sunday.

He is too good. This team is too good. This is a division matchup at home and the Bengals need to prepare as if Cleveland is a reincarnation of the 2007 Patriots. I’m afraid the team will suffer an emotional letdown after beating the Steelers, Titans, and Chiefs. This smells remarkably like a trap game and the Bengals cannot once again come out flat. Deshaun Watson presents some unique problem sets for Lou Anarumo.

This game won’t be easy — but it should be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He would have wiped them up last game last year. Browns played pretty much everyone but Mayfield and won by five against 75% or more backups.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 08:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow is 0-4 against the Browns.  In fact, he has never beaten Cleveland; not even once.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here.  Are you telling me Burrow has never won a game against the Browns?   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The Browns will be desperate. But I think the whole not beating Cleveland thing might be overhyped. I think we lost the first one this year because we lost Chase the week leading up to the game, our run game hadn't got going yet, we didn't have Reader and we lost Awuzie during the game as well as Jonah playing absolutely terrible probably due to his injury. So with us being in a better situation I see us getting over the hump.
Reply/Quote
I would be afraid of a “trap” game except for the fact that we haven’t beaten them in the Joey B era. This itself will ensure our team is ready.
Reply/Quote
Note to self: Don't say anything about the Browns that those folks in the Chief's Planet threads said about the Bengals.

I respect the Browns (well, on the field anyways) but I don't fear them. Either team could win but I believe if we play the way we are capable of I think the odds are in our favor.

Probably obvious stuff but here are some keys/thoughts on the game:

Manage the Browns pass rush through blocking assignments and play design.

Slow down their three head rushing attack (Chubb, Hunt, and Watson himself), and in particular be ready for the outside run game. Pratt has to be ready to play sideline to sideline. Hopefully Logan Wilson is fully healthy from his illness because he's gonna have a challenging day. The safeties and CTB should help. Everyone needs to get off their blocks quickly though.

Don't assume DWatson will still be rusty. They will have more success through the air than you are expecting. Our secondary needs to be prepared.

Sustain drives. Hopefully our run game continues to impress like it did last Sunday. It would be nice if Hurst is back as well. If not, hopefully Burrow and Mitchell Wilcox will get plenty of weeks during practice.

Have fun. Look you can't just make it some grim exercise in trying get a monkey off your back through being flawless for 60 minutes. That won't happen and you won't give your best effort if that is the way you approach it. Design an interesting play or two. Take some chances. Spice things up. And I think we will.

Reply/Quote
Yes sir !!

1,000% agree this weird total domination by middling Browns teams has to end, now. It started with the Baker Hayfield era in the mistake by the lake. For whatever crazy reasons he was all world vs. Us and average to below average against the entire rest of the NFL. And it's continued after Hayfield left, again for whatever weird reasons?

It's becoming at lightweight monkey on our back (like the Steelers for two decades, though not near that bad, yet) and we need to shake it off. And I have full confidence we will.
Reply/Quote
It's also a BIG game this week. We host the Stains and the Rats go to the Stealers who are playing rather better. We beat the Stains and the Stealers beat the Rats and all of a sudden we are in first place.
Reply/Quote
Browns are the Titans in a stronger division. They get just enough QB play to be a problem. Now if Watson returns to his former self they can be a problem in the division for years to come. However they do have a lot of pieces they need to pay so maybe not.

It's been said but the Bengals really need a win vs. these guys.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 08:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here.  Are you telling me Burrow has never won a game against the Browns?   Tongue

I think he was pointing out that JB has never beaten The Cavs or Guardians either.. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he was pointing out that JB has never beaten The Cavs or Guardians either.. 

He hasn’t beaten the Guardians yet. He may get a chance if the NFL and USFL merge.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This is a game where the JB and the offense need to put
TDs up early on the Browns. Notice I Said TDs.
In the Bengals recent losses to the Browns the offense
Has failed to get off to a fast start
Anarumo should keep the same blueprint he has
Stuck to lately and confuse Watson by showing the same
Fronts but dropping or adding guys post snap.
The Browns are very beatable now especially with
Their oline having issues at the OTs and C.
Reply/Quote
Don't see it being a trap game when Burrow has never beat them. If Joe were drumming them on a regular basis coming off those big wins then I would suspect a trap game.

Yet it will be a difficult one, but think the Bengals are rolling too well presently to not drive over this speed bump and get to 9 wins.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He would have wiped them up last game last year. Browns played pretty much everyone but Mayfield and won by five against 75% or more backups.

Our only starters on O were Adeniji (who was only there due to injury/some weird refusal to play Carman), Sample (because we needed a blocker), Prince (who was only there due to injury) and Chase (for like, 5 snaps, so he could get the receiving record). On D, Hilton played and he wasn't even a full-time starter, so he really doesn't count.

So out of 22, 4 guys started. They started everyone but Hayseed on O and I know they rested 2 or 3 guys on D, but Clowney and Garrett played.

And they could've won.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote