Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to really put the whole "If the Pats had him he'd be great" thing to the test...
The New England Patriots have traded for C Russell Bodine.

RIP Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
We already did it with Rex, Corey, Brandon Tate, Brandon Lafell and Marquis Flowers. The results have been mixed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:20 PM)jason Wrote: We already did it with Rex, Corey, Brandon Tate, Brandon Lafell and Marquis Flowers. The results have been mixed.

If they get out of Bodine what they got out of Rex I'm gonna be annoyed lol.
Reply/Quote
In related news, Gisele Bundschen just asked Tom Brady to review his life insurance policy and to renegotiate their prenup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:33 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If they get out of Bodine what they got out of Rex I'm gonna be annoyed lol.

Rex produced in the few opportunities he got here... I really think the Patriots would work wonders with Gio.

Didn't Bodine at least look decent in Buffalo last year?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:33 PM)NKURyan Wrote: If they get out of Bodine what they got out of Rex I'm gonna be annoyed lol.

They haven't really got a lot out of Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They haven't really got a lot out of Burkhead.

He's been fine and can't take the workload as an every down back, the RB by committee is his dream job with Coach Hoodie
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: He's been fine and can't take the workload as an every down back, the RB by committee is his dream job with Coach Hoodie

Averaging 3.7 ypc with the Pats.  Averaged 4.3 with us.

He is seeing a little more playing time, but he has done nothing really impressive with them.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Averaging 3.7 ypc with the Pats.  Averaged 4.3 with us.

He is seeing a little more playing time, but he has done nothing really impressive with them.

Yep, scoring the last two TD's of the AFC Championship game (the 2nd in OT to win) was really unimpressive.   

Burkhead's never going to be a boxscore filler of a HB, but he gets the job done when it's needed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 03:20 PM)jason Wrote: We already did it with Rex, Corey, Brandon Tate, Brandon Lafell and Marquis Flowers. The results have been mixed.

Tate and Lafell came here
Reply/Quote
Honestly, we should have traded either Price or Hopkins to the Pats for some LB help.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, we should have traded either Price or Hopkins to the Pats for some LB help.

Trade what little depth the offensive line has? No thanks. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, we should have traded either Price or Hopkins to the Pats for some LB help.

Way too early to be talking about trading Price. Hopkins is solid for now, but trading Price would mean we have to draft another center in the near future.

Reply/Quote
One thing about Coach Hoodie, he is always WELL aware of the players he picks up, he has a plan on how to use them best if they play and he will cut them if it does not turn out.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Way too early to be talking about trading Price. Hopkins is solid for now, but trading Price would mean we have to draft another center in the near future.

If we don't resign Hopkins, we'll have to draft or sign a C for depth next year, anyways.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 05:42 PM)Ravage Wrote: Yep, scoring the last two TD's of the AFC Championship game (the 2nd in OT to win) was really unimpressive.   

Burkhead's never going to be a boxscore filler of a HB, but he gets the job done when it's needed. 

Brian Leonard 2.0

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 07:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: If we don't resign Hopkins, we'll have to draft or sign a C for depth next year, anyways.  

...unless they go ahead with moving Glenn to guard, at which point you could call Jordan your backup center.

Only if he struggles as a starter this year, though.
Reply/Quote
So, we have Bengal fans wasting breath (or, in this case, keystrokes) over a former player that has not only not been a Bengal for 2 years, and was a crappy player when he was??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, we have Bengal fans wasting breath (or, in this case, keystrokes) over a former player that has not only not been a Bengal for 2 years, and was a crappy player when he was??

You're right, I shouldn't have spent 60 seconds of my day creating this post. Thanks for looking out for me. Totally should've started a thread to break down that barnburner of a fourth preseason game instead. So many other things to talk about 24 hours before cut day.

Not like we get to watch Geno Atkins line up across from Bodine this December or anything.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 08:41 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You're right, I shouldn't have spent 60 seconds of my day creating this post. Thanks for looking out for me. Totally should've started a thread to break down that barnburner of a fourth preseason game instead. So many other things to talk about 24 hours before cut day.

Not like we get to watch Geno Atkins line up across from Bodine this December or anything.

Billing will line up against Bodine.  And, Bodine typically did well versus 4 fronts..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote