Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeout, Who To Blame
On the boneheaded timeout, where we gave Baltimore plenty of time to weigh there options and challenge the play... who made the decisions to call timeout?

Was it Marvins fault, did he initiate it?
Was Dalton forced to call a timeout because the play call was slow? (Zampese)
Or was it simply Dalton making the dumbest decision of his career.

If anyone can clarify who actually made this blaring gaff actually happen, I would love to find out.

Right when it happened I thought it was perfect material for Stephen A Smith tomorrow. He should UNLOAD on Marvin and the bunch tomorrow... somewhat excited for it surprisingly.
Reply/Quote
Dalton was confused about what to do as the play clock was winding down. I put the blame squarely on Marvin Lewis. He should have just ran the ball to keep Baltimore from challenging the spot. I knew when the timeout was called that Baltimore would challenge and they did. Worse yet, they won it. This team is just getting worse each week. The Bungles have returned to Cincinnati.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:37 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Dalton was confused about what to do as the play clock was winding down. I put the blame squarely on Marvin Lewis. He should have just ran the ball to keep Baltimore from challenging the spot. I knew when the timeout was called that Baltimore would challenge and they did. Worse yet, they won it. This team is just getting worse each week. The Bungles have returned to Cincinnati.

Any 10 year old who plays madden knows to lineup quickly and run a simple run play to ensure the first down is kept.... This team is so bad.
Reply/Quote
Its really bad when your 8 year old son asks why didn't they just run a quick play so they couldn't challenge. LMAO at the horrible coaching!

I wish I was making this up, but my son actually asked me that.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Its really bad when your 8 year old son asks why didn't they just run a quick play so they couldn't challenge.   LMAO at the horrible coaching!

I wish I was making this up, but my son actually asked me that.

Is your son available to coach next season ? 

Or at least be a sideline advisor. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Is your son available to coach next season ? 

Or at least be a sideline advisor. 

lol!!

Well, he does play a lot of Madden and loves football!  He is mildly autistic and is super smart, very competitive and has an insane attention to detail, so he might be able to do a better job.  :) 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:40 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Any 10 year old who plays madden knows to lineup quickly and run a simple run play to ensure the first down is kept.... This team is so bad.

Well the only way your going to see the Bengals win the Super bowl is on your Madden game.
Reply/Quote
My son melted down crying when Nugent missed the XP and he just kept saying how can he be that bad, why don't they fire him, why do they keep someone who cannot make a simple XP, etc. He was letting Nugent and the coaches have it lol.

It is sad to watch though because he is so genuinely sad and upset and loves the Bengals and he has a hard time with all the simple screw ups.

Here's a big "Piss off" from me to Nugent for making my son meltdown AGAIN!!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the boneheaded timeout, where we gave Baltimore plenty of time to weigh there options and challenge the play... who made the decisions to call timeout?

If anyone can clarify who actually made this blaring gaff actually happen, I would love to find out.

Right when it happened I thought it was perfect material for Stephen A Smith tomorrow. He should UNLOAD on Marvin and the bunch tomorrow... somewhat excited for it surprisingly.

I doubt that Marvin is calling the offensive plays. Zampese should have probably just called a quick run and got it snapped quickly.
Reply/Quote
When is the last time they tried to hurry up as to avoid a challenge?

It hasn't happened often in the last 14 yrs.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Nothing good ever comes after we call a time out. Usually it's just a failed 3rd down conversion. This took the cake!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Getting some Good 'OL nostalgic Bungles feelings coming back......ahhhhh memories. Mike Brown's extreme ineptitude and apathy is alive and well Bengals fans. Welcome back to football hell!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the boneheaded timeout, where we gave Baltimore plenty of time to weigh there options and challenge the play... who made the decisions to call timeout?

the announcers said lewis called the t/o

Reply/Quote
I heard there were more than 11 players on the field on that play. Can anyone confirm or deny that?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:56 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Getting some Good 'OL nostalgic Bungles feelings coming back......ahhhhh memories. Mike Brown's extreme ineptitude and apathy is alive and well Bengals fans. Welcome back to football hell!

Deja Vu !

At least we all know our way around town in football hell as much as we have had to dwell in it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone who has ever played a single game of Madden knows that when faced with a conversion that, to the naked eye, was obviously not truly a conversion, you ***** run a quick play.

I said it when we were given a first down "They better run a quick play."

Then, when I saw Andy's dumbass signalling a timeout I said "Well, get ready to punt it, because there's no way Baltimore doesn't challenge the spot now."

Then, shocker, they ***** did.

And, another shocker, they ***** won.

Marvin Lewis is an asshat. He has absolutely no reason to be our coach next year. Hell, he should be fired right now so that we can start seeing what a real coach can do with this team.

Of course, knowing Mike, he'd just move Zampese or Paulie up to head coach and we'd be just as bad so...There is no winning strategy with this team. We're never going to escape Marvin's regime and we're never going to win a playoff game. At least not for another 10 to 15 years.
Reply/Quote
The OP asks 2 seperate questions.

Andy actually called the T.O. that should not be questioned. Who is to blame is another question. Just as Andy took responsiblity for the Bodine early snap, the OC should accept responsibility for the T.O. as he did not have his QB on the correct page.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Wasn't watch because I was driving down 81 back to NC. Was listening to the Ravens broadcast crew and they acted like it came from Marv. They were even shocked that we took it to allow for the Ravens to have extra time to decide if they wanted to challenge or not Whatever

F you Marvin. :paul:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's on Andy. That's the type of stuff he's done his entire career. It's just a lack of situational awareness. Add that to a long list of delay of games. Other QBs rush to the line and run a play. Watch his sense of urgency during 2 minute drills, there is none.
Reply/Quote
calling the time out- whoever did it- is just another example of how this team lacks discipline and creativity.

To me, it is just like our alleged "two minute drill" where we typically always take 20 to 30 seconds to get aligned and snap the ball.

Why can college teams execute a 2 minute drill where they can get a snap off in ten seconds of less and Marvin's Bengals have never been able to do this during the 13 years he has been coaching.

It is not acceptable any where else except in Bungaldum.
Reply/Quote