Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timing
I just wanted to type something out to get it out in the open air.

My father has survived with chronic lymphocytic leukemia for the past 16 years. At th etime of his diagnosis, we adopted two cats. One male, one female. The female cat was the cat that I picked out and she was always with me or my father. She was our cat, and the other cat was my mother's.

Over the past 16 years, my father has been in and out of the hospital with ups and downs as time has gone on. There has always been a steady decline, though, as the cancer has taken its toll on his body. Last Wednesday, he had an appointment at the VA hospital in Martinsburg and after he was having trouble breathing. He ended up being admitted to the hospital. He is currently dealing with a gout flair up, his difficulty breathing, and a fever of 100.7. They aren't certain what is going on, but it has been a struggle. From the time my mother texted me to say he was being admitted, I felt different about this stay for him. So far it hasn't been anything too panicky, the doctors often have a hard time nailing down his signs and symptoms, but it just felt weird.

This morning I went fishing, as I usually do on Sunday mornings. I left my apartment at 5:30, and spent a good 4 hours on the water. At around 10, when I was running an errand for my wife, I got a text from my mother giving me a status update on my father (still not doing great) but also letting me know that the female cat was not doing well and that she wasn't expecting her to last the weekend, and definitely not the week.

The timing of this and with how I was already feeling with my father's admittance into the hospital is hitting me. I know that the things aren't related, but the timing of it all is just uncanny. I know it's absurd, I just needed to get it all out there so get it off of my mind.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about all of this bud. Hope your dad makes a turn around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear this.

I hope they both get better.
Reply/Quote
Man! What a time you and your family are having. Sorry to hear this. Life sucks sometimes. I hope your father recovers perfectly. Glad you vented. It helps.

Reply/Quote
That has to be stressful to deal with. I sincerely hope that you get a few more years with your Father, and that your cat goes peacefully.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear brother and prayers for your father and family, pets as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thoughts and prayers! Hope your dad recovers soon and able to go home!!
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear all of this.  I hope your father improves.....it's tough losing pets too.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I hope your father gets better, and returns home soon. As for your cat, we have 2 and are very close to them. I can sympathize. Hang in there.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Thoughts and prayers brother.Hope your Dad and the cat improve. Some animals and humans form very close bonds, so the cats' condition maybe sympathetic too its family ( IMO ).

Hope things get better soon.
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping everything comes out ok in the end for you and your family.  Thoughts and prayers man. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
It's nice to air it out even if you think it's "absurd". If I recall, you are prone to anxiety, and these kinds of things in which you have zero control are just killers for anxiety.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote