Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tip of the Hat.....
Tip you hat to any Bengals player you feel just isnt getting any attention or should get more. From the Defense to the Special teams and offense... All of them contribute in some way..

anyways

My Tip of the Hat goes to Ryan Hewitt... some good blocks yesterday and 2 Very nice catches in the pass game. I know we have to many options on offense but i cant remember a time he hasnt come thru when called on.
Reply/Quote
Controversial, but I am going to go Bodine.

With the worries about him coming into the season, I think he has done an admiral job so far. Has he been great, no, but it doesn't matter. He has been solid, his snaps haven't been an issue at all and considering some of the lineman he is having to block, he has done a decent job. He is still young and I think he can improve, but he is doing a solid job out there.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tip you hat to any Bengals player you feel just isnt getting any attention or should get more.  From the Defense to the Special teams and offense...  All of them contribute in some way..

anyways

My Tip of the Hat goes to Ryan Hewitt...  some good blocks yesterday and 2 Very nice catches in the pass game.     I know we have to many options on offense but i cant remember a time he hasnt come thru when called on.

I have a few

Andre Smith has not been great, but yesterday he was great coming off a bad outing

Boling and Zeitler are a solid tandem at guard for us

Hewitt is a football player and would love to see him targeted more in the passing game over the middle

Sanu's receiving stats are down, but he continues to block great but many fans have no idea it was his block that allowed Jones to have a huge run yesterday
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick,

Yes he's gotten burned and had some miscommunication But he's staring to turn in some decent games and good plays of late.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kirkpatrick,

Yes he's gotten burned and had some miscommunication But he's staring to turn in some decent games and good plays of late.

This is a good one.

Dre is looking better and better every week

CB is a tough position to play, it is very easy to go from hero to goat in the same game
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not surprisingly (but worth praise) Josh Shaw has done well taking over for Dre at gunner. Having done it plenty at SC, really preped him to immediately contribute on teams.
Reply/Quote

Be careful, I got crucified yesterday for saying he is a servicible starter now and has improved a ton 
Reply/Quote
Leon. A lot of people (myself included) thought he was done. He's having a quietly solid season. He's not worth 9 million, but I'd love to have him back at a reduced rate next year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Dre k is starting to come along. All in all pretty pleased with all our secondary, so I tip my hat to all the secondary and the whole defense. Giving up 17 point avg per game is great.  
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Leon. A lot of people (myself included) thought he was done. He's having a quietly solid season. He's not worth 9 million, but I'd love to have him back at a reduced rate next year.

Need hall and jones back. Hope we can work with them both and sign at least 1 year deals. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:56 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Not surprisingly (but worth praise) Josh Shaw has done well taking over for Dre at gunner. Having done it plenty at SC, really preped him to immediately contribute on teams.

I am hoping Josh Shaw will show even more on defense then next few weeks. He passes the eye test, he is a big physical corner who moves well in space. Hoping the Dennard injury turns into an opportunity to find out we got a steal in Shaw. *crosses fingers*
Reply/Quote
Michael Johnson he plays a ton of snaps and is a solid run defender. Solidifies the Dline.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The guy that replaced Brad St. Louis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
At the National level - Adam Jones. You'd be hard pressed to find a better CB this year than him.
Reply/Quote
Tyler kroft for his first career catch and being tripped up by what is apparently an elevated 47 yard line

Reply/Quote
Chris Carter played well yesterday too. He brings a different set of skills to the DE position that even MJ and Dunlap can not.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Dre Kirkpatrick is the most under-appreciated player on the team. The guy is shutting down almost every receiver he covers, but since he had a few memorable rough plays and one pretty bad game, he isn't recognized for the work he's doing. Also, given he's not prone to pick off a lot of balls, he'll naturally get less attention.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 08:35 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is the most under-appreciated player on the team.  The guy is shutting down almost every receiver he covers, but since he had a few memorable rough plays and one pretty bad game, he isn't recognized for the work he's doing.  Also, given he's not prone to pick off a lot of balls, he'll naturally get less attention.

Agreed. He is playing with an attitude a lot like Adam Jones plays with. I think he's learning a ton from Jones and Leon hall. Those are two of the best mentors an up and coming corner like dre k could have. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 08:35 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is the most under-appreciated player on the team.  The guy is shutting down almost every receiver he covers, but since he had a few memorable rough plays and one pretty bad game, he isn't recognized for the work he's doing.  Also, given he's not prone to pick off a lot of balls, he'll naturally get less attention.

Idk. You have 6 posters giving him some love in this thread. Throw me in there as well. I think he's having a fine season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Punt and kick coverage teams.
Reply/Quote