Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My concerns heading into the season
1. Secondary- no veteran leadership. I think bates will be fine, but we will need a veteran or two to step up, as teams will go at us all day long challenging us with the deep ball.

2. Running the ball-we were less than stellar this preseason with starters in moving the ball. Lazor will have to come up some run plays that will help mixon and gio pick up more than 1-2 yard a carry.

3 right side of the o-line. Yes, we have a couple guys capable of helping but we don’t have a guy like Glenn that can block and protect. Hopefully we can snag a guy who was cut because anyone beats ced. Hell, a cardboard cutout of Munoz maybe more effective.

4. Dropped passes. We all know when dalton is on his can hit anyone. The problem is I noticed a lot of dropped passes specifically from Ross this preseason especially one tonight that was a sure fire touchdown. Marvin needs to address that now.

5. Get eifert/kroft/Malone in the mix more we need to see if eifert is indeed back. I know they didn’t want to push him but he’s gotta be ready to roll next Thursday.

6. Run defense we are getting good penitration but we must get better. Falls chewed ya up big time and had they not taken out their starters it would of got bad, it makes it worse because it included Alexander.

What am I missing, besides making sure dalton has time, what are your concerns?
Reply/Quote
Linebackers.... Until 55 gets back the LB core is undeniably weak. Vigil or Evans will have to step up and be better for the core to even be average.

Secondary depth and o line depth is bad. Losing WJ3 or Glenn would be season killers. Glenn might be as important to the roster as Dalton
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:52 AM)Brimey Wrote: Linebackers.... Until 55 gets back the LB core is undeniably weak. Vigil or Evans will have to step up and be better for the core to even be average.

Secondary depth and o line depth is bad. Losing WJ3 or Glenn would be season killers. Glenn might be as important to the roster as Dalton

Jefferson looked really good tonight, so I’m hopeful the LB position isn’t quite as thin as it seemed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 12:35 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: 1. Secondary- no veteran leadership. I think bates will be fine, but we will need a veteran or two to step up, as teams will go at us all day long challenging us with the deep ball.

I have zero concern of this...

2. Running the ball-we were less than stellar this preseason with starters in moving the ball. Lazor will have to come up some run plays that will help mixon and gio pick up more than 1-2 yard a carry.

I think we will see a different rushing attack starting week 1.  Hopefully, as the current output is dismal.

3 right side of the o-line. Yes, we have a couple guys capable of helping but we don’t have a guy like Glenn that can block and protect. Hopefully we can snag a guy who was cut because anyone beats ced. Hell, a cardboard cutout of Munoz maybe more effective.

I really just want Redmond over Hopkins.  That was their best line, and with Hart at RT.

4. Dropped passes. We all know when dalton is on his can hit anyone. The problem is I noticed a lot of dropped passes specifically from Ross this preseason especially one tonight that was a sure fire touchdown. Marvin needs to address that now.

Not worried at all.  Just like Price's early snap issues.  It will be fine.  

5. Get eifert/kroft/Malone in the mix more we need to see if eifert is indeed back. I know they didn’t want to push him but he’s gotta be ready to roll next Thursday.

There are only so many balls to go around with the starters in preseason.  I saw Malone, Kroft, Eifert, Uzomah, and Boyd all look very good at times.  That is very encouraging, and will keep teams guessing.  

6. Run defense we are getting good penitration but we must get better. Falls chewed ya up big time and had they not taken out their starters it would of got bad, it makes it worse because it included Alexander.

My #1 concern without Burfict.  Need LBs to step up here big time.  

What am I missing, besides making sure dalton has time, what are your concerns?

The only other real concern I have outside the LBs and the aforementioned right side of the line is just their overall attitude.  If they come out week 1 Marvin-flat like so many times before, I will puke and likely launch something at the TV.  Have some damn energy and attitude and get out there to beat the ever-loving shit out of the Colts.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote