Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Analyzing the raider game and going forward
(01-16-2022, 06:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: When did he hurt his ankle and Reiff get hurt? Regardless Mixon has definitely not been getting it done and I wouldn't be against letting Evans or Perine get a few more carries to see if they can do a bit more.

Good observation. Not sure when he hurt his ankle but Reiff did not play in five of those games (And played only one one half against the 49ers before he re-aggravated his injury and had to be pulled) They really need to beef up the OL in the off-season. The obvious reason is to protect Burrow but hopefully Mixon's run game benefits from it as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: When did he hurt his ankle and Reiff get hurt? Regardless Mixon has definitely not been getting it done and I wouldn't be against letting Evans or Perine get a few more carries to see if they can do a bit more.

Exactly.   I think he's been working through more of an ankle injury than people think.  More reps for Perine and Evans would help spell him and give a better sense of where he's at.

But anyone we hand the ball to gets hit in the backfield, or so it seems.  Carping about the RB in that situation is silly.  Get a line that can at least hold the line of scrimmage and then we can talk about the back.
Reply/Quote