Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans Rush Defense < Bengals Rush Offense
Coming in to today's game, Tennessee has outrushed its opponent in six of nine games. That is due in large part to a defense that ranks second in the NFL with an average of 85.1 rushing yards allowed per game. Over the last six games, that average is 55.2 yards, and none of those teams rushed for more than 77 yards.

Today, however, the Bengals without their starting RB, Joe Mixon, had 108 yards rushing compared to just 63 yards for the Titans.

Perine ran for 58 yards on 17 carries, for just a 3.4 ypc average.  However, I only remember one negative yardage rush.  Like I said in an earlier post, I would rather face 2nd and 7 than 2nd and 20 after a sack.  Perine also had a very workmanlike 35 yards on 4 receptions.  Trayveon Williams looked like a man possessed again with 18 yards on just 2 carries, and 24 yards on one reception.  

If the Bengals can have a solid rushing attack, it will be very tough to beat them.  If they can do that and have Chase back, I don't think many teams  can beat them period.  

And THANK YOU JAGS!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep and didn't really expect that against the Titans.

Big kudos to the guys in the trenches today on both sides of the ball. They were a humongous part of this victory.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Coming in to today's game, Tennessee has outrushed its opponent in six of nine games. That is due in large part to a defense that ranks second in the NFL with an average of 85.1 rushing yards allowed per game. Over the last six games, that average is 55.2 yards, and none of those teams rushed for more than 77 yards.

Today, however, the Bengals without their starting RB, Joe Mixon, had 108 yards rushing compared to just 63 yards for the Titans.

Perine ran for 58 yards on 17 carries, for just a 3.4 ypc average.  However, I only remember one negative yardage rush.  Like I said in an earlier post, I would rather face 2nd and 7 than 2nd and 20 after a sack.  Perine also had a very workmanlike 35 yards on 4 receptions.  Trayveon Williams looked like a man possessed again with 18 yards on just 2 carries, and 24 yards on one reception.  

If the Bengals can have a solid rushing attack, it will be very tough to beat them.  If they can do that and have Chase back, I don't think many teams  can beat them period.  

The threat of a good running game, will help next week
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep and didn't really expect that against the Titans.

Big kudos to the guys in the trenches today on both sides of the ball. They were a humongous part of this victory.

Yep

We didn't run all over Titans but who does? We got some tough yards when needed. And the Oline kept JB pretty clean.

Then add in our Dline shutting Henry down. Hats off to both lines.
Reply/Quote
No Mixon. No Chase and a really good D. Coming away with a W really helps.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep and didn't really expect that against the Titans.

I had to listen to Lapham and Hoard today, Lap was ecstatic about Volson and Karras opening up big lanes!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I had to listen to Lapham and Hoard today, Lap was ecstatic about Volson and Karras opening up big lanes!

Absolutely and the O-line keeping Burrow's jersey clean too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: The threat of a good running game, will help next week

I'm calling it right now, Bengals win next week.  Home Field WILL BE INSANE!!!!
Reply/Quote
The coaching staff Zac said challenged the team to win the battle in the trenches. It was the game plan. They wanted to win the run game battle. They carried it thru and like OP said if they can run the ball like they have whoever starts they will be tough to beat. 1 sack today and out rush the Titans? Oh my!
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I had to listen to Lapham and Hoard today, Lap was ecstatic about Volson and Karras opening up big lanes!

Karras is the Bengals best Center in years

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Should we go to a RB committee like a few clubs or keep the focus on Mixon?

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Karras is the Bengals best Center in years

I believe that and I believe this line is just starting to get going!
Reply/Quote
Frank Pollack switched the Bengals’ run blocking scheme from zone to gap about a month ago. This is why Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Trayveon Williams, and Joe Burrow are racking up rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Should we go to a RB committee like a few clubs or keep the focus on Mixon?

I like rotating series like Dallas.  Brings out the best in both and keeps both fresh.  Hell, right now, the way Trayveon Williams looks with the ball, I might get him a series or two.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like rotating series like Dallas.  Brings out the best in both and keeps both fresh.  Hell, right now, the way Trayveon Williams looks with the ball, I might get him a series or two.  

Agreed. Would like to see us experiment.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Frank Pollack switched the Bengals’ run blocking scheme from zone to gap about a month ago. This is why Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, Trayveon Williams, and Joe Burrow are racking up rushing yards and rushing touchdowns.

That was pointed out then and that’s interesting to say the least.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Coming in to today's game, Tennessee has outrushed its opponent in six of nine games. That is due in large part to a defense that ranks second in the NFL with an average of 85.1 rushing yards allowed per game. Over the last six games, that average is 55.2 yards, and none of those teams rushed for more than 77 yards.

Nice thread SHRacer. This was a statement game for sure. Cappa particularly stood out in a great way on a couple
plays and same with Adeniji on the TD run where he was just blocking his man into the back of the end zone. Was
my favorite type of game, physical and that is the most physical team we will play. Shown we are the most physical 
team in the NFL when we want to be.

If we can continue to block like that on Offense and stop the run like that on Defense we can win every game the 
rest of the way and have a shot at the #1 seed. That is how impressive this win was to me. Lets destroy the Chiefs
this next game, don't even want it close. It is in our house and I want to see this team dismantle them buggers.

Hit Mahomes all day long with discipline.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like rotating series like Dallas.  Brings out the best in both and keeps both fresh.  Hell, right now, the way Trayveon Williams looks with the ball, I might get him a series or two.  

(11-27-2022, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agreed. Would like to see us experiment.

Agree as well. Really like what I have seen from Trayveon lately. That was an awesome run on the edge. Go RBBC.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree as well. Really like what I have seen from Trayveon lately. That was an awesome run on the edge. Go RBBC.

Trayveon and Perine are both hard nosed runners and hard not to like that.  

This team is really coming together at the right time and that's exciting as well. 

Shame Awuzie went out for the year though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Trayveon and Perine are both hard nosed runners and hard not to like that.  

This team is really coming together at the right time and that's exciting as well. 

Shame Awuzie went out for the year though. 

Trayveon has been really showing some great burst. You could tell how much he means to the team after that big
run. Everyone was rooting for him to do well, just like Trenton. These guys have been around for awhile but just 
haven't got their shot until now, really nice to see like you say.

Too bad for Awuzie, but he will be rooting them on on the sideline hopefully right to a SB win. Love this team.
Reply/Quote