Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Titans cut Fat Randy
Fat Randy just got cut yesterday. He went 17-20 on field goals and a perfect 18 for 18 on extra points. Maybe they could bring him in to coach up McMaybe on kicking extra points. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  He went 17-20 on field goals and a perfect 18 for 18 on extra points.

Those are not firing numbers unless the 3 missed were game-losing FG's.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 11:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Those are not firing numbers unless the 3 missed were game-losing FG's.

Not unless the team was massively over the cap, and his $2.3M saved got them a little bit closer to compliance.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not unless the team was massively over the cap, and his $2.3M saved got them a little bit closer to compliance.

Didn't think of the cap. But then again he's a kicker so even I feel like I make more $$$ than he does, although I don't. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn't think of the cap. But then again he's a kicker so even I feel like I make more $$$ than he does, although I don't. Ninja

If someone were willing to pay me $2.3M, and all I had to do for it was kick a football, I'd be on top of the world.  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They were discussing Tennessee's cuts yesterday on Sirius, and the prevailing opinion on all the cuts this early means they are going into the QB game ad may try to get Carr or Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If someone were willing to pay me $2.3M, and all I had to do for it was kick a football, I'd be on top of the world.  Cool

Yeah, but you're literally always 1 game away from getting death threats, hate mail, and being fired unless you're one of the top guys who have built up a little bit of leeway to miss a few. That kind of pressure knowing you can't miss or you're going to be hated and unemployed has to be rough. Then you have to pack up your bags and hopefully move to another city where you're probably either renting an apartment or living out of a hotel for a few weeks before you probably move onto another city.

Life of a journeyman kicker probably isn't great. Randy Bullock for instance played for 5 different teams in 2015-2016.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 06:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but you're literally always 1 game away from getting death threats, hate mail, and being fired unless you're one of the top guys who have built up a little bit of leeway to miss a few. That kind of pressure knowing you can't miss or you're going to be hated and unemployed has to be rough. Then you have to pack up your bags and hopefully move to another city where you're probably either renting an apartment or living out of a hotel for a few weeks before you probably move onto another city.

Life of a journeyman kicker probably isn't great. Randy Bullock for instance played for 5 different teams in 2015-2016.

I hadn't really considered that aspect of the matter.  However, if you could gut it out for 5 years, you'd have enough to go live in solitude somewhere in complete anonymity without any worries.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote