Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans player primer
Everybody knows about Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry. What else do you know about their roster? Here are their top ranked/awarded players so you know who to watch and what to expect:

Titans 2021 Stats Leaders:

QB Tannehill - 67.23% comp%, 3734 yds, 21 TD, 14 INT, 47 Sacks, 89.6 Rating
RB Henry - 4.3 YPA, 937 yds, 10 TDs
RB Foreman - 4.3 YPA, 566 yds, 3 TDs
RB Hilliard - 6.3 ypa, 350 yds, 2 TDs
WR Brown - 63 Rec, 869 yds, 5 TDs
WR Westbrook-Ikhine - 38 Rec, 476 yds, 4 TDs
TE Anthony Firkser - 34 Rec, 291 yds, 2 TDs

LB Cunningham - 93 Tackles, 0 sacks, 0 int, 1 FF
S Kevin Byard - 88 Tackles, 1 sack, 5 int, 2 FF
LB Landry - 75 Tackles, 12 sacks, 0 int, 2 FF
LB Long - 75 Tackles, 0 sacks, 2 int, 0 FF

Sacks:

Landry 12
Autry 9
Simmons 8.5
Dupree 3

Interceptions:

Byard 5
Fulton 2
Long 2
Evans 2
Hooker 1
Skrine 1

1st Team All-Pro:

Kevin Byard - S: 6th year player, 73 tackles, 1 sack, 5 INT, 13 PBU

2nd Team All-Pro:

Jeffrey Simmons - DE: 3rd year player, 46 tackles, 8.5 sacks

Pro Bowl:

Yes, the Pro Bowl selection process is a joke. That being said, Byard was their only selection. He got the 7th most votes of any AFC pro bowler.

Alternates:

Jeffrey Simmons

Harold Landry - OLB: 4th year player, 74 tackles, 12 sacks

Taylor Lewan - LT: 8th year player, 13 games started, 1 holding penalty

Rodger Saffold - LG: 12th year player, 15 games started, 2 holding penalties

Denico Autry - Edge: 8th year player, 31 tackles, 9 sacks

Ola Adeniyi - Special Teams

Morgan Cox - Long Snapper

PFF Offensive Ratings:

1. WR A.J. Brown: 84.4

2. QB Ryan Tannehill: 83.6

3. RT David Quessenberry: 80.9

4. C Ben Jones: 77.8

5. RB Derrick Henry: 75.1

6. WR Julio Jones: 74.2

7. TE MyCole Pruitt: 73.3

8. LT Taylor Lewan: 71.4

9. LG Rodger Saffold: 69.2

10. RG Nate Davis: 69.1

Oline Pressures/Sacks allowed:

RT David Quessenberry: 43/11

RG Nate Davis: 33/5

LG Rodger Saffold: 26/2

C Ben Jones: 26/1

LT Taylor Lewan: 21/4

G/C Aaron Brewer: 14/6

OL Dillon Radunz: 8/2

PFF Defensive Ratings:

1. S Kevin Byard: 90.5

2. S Amani Hooker: 83.3

3. DL Jeffery Simmons: 71.9

4. DL Denico Autry: 68.2

5. CB Jackrabbit Jenkins: 65.8

6. CB Kristian Fulton: 65.6

7. LB David Long: 65.3

8. CB Buster Skrine: 64.6

9. CB Elijah Molden: 64.2

10. OLB Harold Landry: 63.0

PFF pass coverage grades:

1. S Kevin Byard: 90.5

2. S Amani Hooker: 83.3

3. DL Jeffery Simmons: 71.9

4. DL Denico Autry: 68.2

5. CB Jackrabbit Jenkins: 65.8

6. CB Kristian Fulton: 65.6

7. LB David Long: 65.3

8. CB Buster Skrine: 64.6

9. CB Elijah Molden: 64.2

10. OLB Harold Landry: 63.0

PFF Pass Rush grades:

1. LB David Long: 77.3

T-2. CB Jackrabbit Jenkins: 73.8

T-2. DL Jeffery Simmons: 73.8

4. CB Kristian Fulton: 73.7

5. DL Denico Autry: 69.7

6. CB Elijah Molden: 68.6

7. S Kevin Byard: 68.2

8. OLB Ola Adeniyi: 65.5

9. LB Rashaan Evans: 64.3

10. S Amani Hooker: 63.0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely essential to "Know thy enemy." Thanks wcu and Sun Tzu. I learned a lot, not the least of which is that Janoris Jenkins has legally changed his name to "Jackrabbit Jenkins." If he has truly morphed into a jackrabbit, I think we run Mixon at his jackrabbity ass all day. Rabbits are not known for their ability to tackle.
Reply/Quote
Those offensive ratings are scary. Good thing we know PFF is for ****
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Those offensive ratings are scary. Good thing we know PFF is for ****

lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Their Offense doesn't scare me unless Henry is 100% which is highly unlikely. Need to stop the run and force Tannehill
to throw the ball like almost every QB. AJ Brown is good but I am not blown away by any of their skill players besides
Henry who might only get about 10 runs. Bringing in Kerr, with Reader, BJ Hill and Shelvin ready to go and Hendrickson
looking promising gives us a significant edge IMO.

Byard is a player though, same with Autry and Simmons. Decent Defense but hey, I still think we win this matchup
as well as long as we block decent or about the same as we did against the Raiders. With our weapons, the Titans have
to play like their best game of the season on D to keep it close.

They are at home though, which gives them an advantage.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Firkser graduated from the same High School I did in New Jersey. He then graduated from Harvard, where I did NOT graduate from. He’s got the best hands on the team and obviously very smart.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:08 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Anthony Firkser graduated from the same High School I did in New Jersey. He then graduated from Harvard, where I did NOT graduate from. He’s got the best hands on the team and obviously very smart.

I'm not saying your high school sucks.  It probably doesn't, at least as far as high schools go.  But Harvard football most definitely sucks.  I'm smart and I have good hands (ask my wife).  But I do not scare the Bengals.  Neither does Anthony Firkser.

Only three good things to come out of New Jersey are Bruce Springsteen, Clark Harris, and my wife.
Reply/Quote
Jackrabbit Jenkins a DNP today. I don't know if that's good news or bad. Kinda like the idea of Chase one on one with a cute flop eared rodent.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 08:46 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I'm not saying your high school sucks.  It probably doesn't, at least as far as high schools go.  But Harvard football most definitely sucks.  I'm smart and I have good hands (ask my wife).  But I do not scare the Bengals.  Neither does Anthony Firkser.

Only three good things to come out of New Jersey are Bruce Springsteen, Clark Harris, and my wife.

No love for Mo Sanu? Jonas Brothers? Bam Bam Bigelow? C'mon, there's lots of good things out of New Jersey: Air Conditioning, M&M's, Bosco, saltwater taffy, best bagels, best pizza, Frank Sinatra.........and.........uh, that may be it actually. 

Just so happens that Bruce and I were "Born in the same town". I've met him on 3 different occasions actually. Nice guy. 

(also, Eli Apple and Mike Daniels are from NJ)
Reply/Quote
AJ Brown is a beast. Julio is getting old but he's still Julio Jones and I think its important to note that both have missed time and rarely been on the field at the same time. With them both missing time it has given other receivers the chance for more reps and I think they're passing game is probably really underrated because of all this. Foreman and Hillard are guys that can and have had big games this year. Then throw in Henry and this is going to be a very tough team to stop.

Defense I'm not to sure about. I know they're Dline appears to be pretty good. Also know Cunningham is the LB released from the Texans this year and is good against the run and bad in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: AJ Brown is a beast. Julio is getting old but he's still Julio Jones and I think its important to note that both have missed time and rarely been on the field at the same time. With them both missing time it has given other receivers the chance for more reps and I think they're passing game is probably really underrated because of all this. Foreman and Hillard are guys that can and have had big games this year. Then throw in Henry and this is going to be a very tough team to stop.

Defense I'm not to sure about. I know they're Dline appears to be pretty good. Also know Cunningham is the LB released from the Texans this year and is good against the run and bad in coverage.

Good points Nug. I do like their OL and AJ Brown with the RB's that are healthy and if Julio is healthy he could be a problem 
here and there. With all those Corners banged up that is definitely in our Offenses favor especially the passing game though.
Reply/Quote