Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
To Joe Mixon, We're Sorry
I am seriously curious as to what they are planning with our running backs. I was at practice and saw Gio run and he looked as good as ever so I am sure they are just sitting him to avoid contact for now. He is our 3rd down and situational back. Hill looks improved a bit, but he is what he is. I heard a stat that he held the worst YPC against 7 man fronts last year. I can only hope they are showcasing him to try and trade him and derive some value. I also have this feeling that this being the 50th season, they are going to try and do everything to get Mikey a playoff win or more so they could keep him simply for depth. But the greatest fear is that Marvin actually plays him and let's Mixon sit on the bench and plays him sparingly. That is goddam criminal. If you really want to win there is no excuse not to get the ball in Mixon's hands 20 times a game.
Reply/Quote
Next year's draft... 3 OL in the first 5 picks?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 03:50 PM)yang Wrote: I am seriously curious as to what they are planning with our running backs.   I was at practice and saw Gio run and he looked as good as ever so I am sure they are just sitting him to avoid contact for now. He is our 3rd down and situational back.   Hill looks improved a bit, but he is what he is.   I heard a stat that he held the worst YPC against 7 man fronts last year.  I can only hope they are showcasing him to try and trade him and derive some value.   I also have this feeling that this being the 50th season, they are going to try and do everything to get Mikey a playoff win or more so they could keep him simply for depth.  But the greatest fear is that Marvin actually plays him and let's Mixon sit on the bench and plays him sparingly.  That is goddam criminal.  If you really want to win there is no excuse not to get the ball in Mixon's hands 20 times a game.

You do that, Mixon will be out of gas before last 4 games of the year.. also way too early to just give Mixon the ball like that.. one good preseason game and one not so good by him.. how they play their backs will be designed by game plan, down and distance, score of game and health of players.. Having too much talent at a position is a good thing.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 03:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Next year's draft... 3 OL in the first 5 picks?

I'd be in favor of this. At least two (OT and C).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 03:55 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Next year's draft... 3 OL in the first 5 picks?

Exactly! Every year the line sucks everyone yells this. I'm not saying you do, but for some reason most get fixated on these skill players and try to justify why we need a 3rd WR etc over a C, OT or G. I've heard all the arguments about the lack of OL talent in the draft, FA etc. The "we need to give the young guys time" argument and so on and so on. Dosent change the fact that our line sucks, as well as the coach. We did the bare minimum to fix our biggest weakness and it's going to be the downfall of this season.
Reply/Quote
Joe, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize again after the Skin's game:

Andy put that ball too hard into your belly during that fumble and should take full responsibility. Actually he should share it with Ced; as he was getting beat by his man and most likely distracted you; even it was on the other side of the field. That's just how good your vision is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote