Now sack up and move on.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

Now sack up and move on.

LMAO

So true.

Though, I have no problem with sharing in my utter disbelief on the events of the game with others.  I do think some are very close to jumping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:35 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: LMAO

So true.

Though, I have no problem with sharing in my utter disbelief on the events of the game with others.  I do think some are very close to jumping.

No doubt it was a kick in the gut. Similar to Christian Laettner in 1992. Now I've got to pick up a 12 pack of Harps as I lost a bet at work

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt it was a kick in the gut. Similar to Christian Laettner in 1992. Now I've got to pick up a 12 pack of Harps as I lost a bet at work

I just couldn't believe Hill did what he did.  All game long, he was so tentative and was content in getting to the ground, yet when we don't need him to run with authority and fight for more yards, he does.  Which isn't so bad, but 2 hands on the football, please and thank you.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. The way they lost is sickening, but the sun came up this morning. I still have my health & family. It will be that much sweeter when they do break thru.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

Now sack up and move on.

I mostly agree with the sentiment but I will agree with it a lot more in about a week.  You're talking Stage 4.

Stage 1--utter ***** shock.  Stage 2--throwing shit kind of angry.  Stage 3--Venting Day.  Stage 4--what you said.

You are asking for Stage 4 when so many are still in Stage 3.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think it's more shocking to see that some would not be voicing their frustrations (and complaining about those who do) about a team in which they spend hours of each day discussing on a message board.

No ones impressed with the shtick.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What's more scary is if no one complained or was pissed.

That means you have reached the level of apathy.

Which it has for some.

That is far worse than bitching and moaning.

Making someone not even care about something they wanted to love so badly.

Now that's just sad shit right there.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now sack up and move on.

[Image: 1507.gif]

[Image: 1501.gif]

[Image: 1527.gif]
Reply/Quote
You check any NFL message board after a massive choke job in a playoff game and it'll look exactly like this. Nevermind after 5 straight one-n-dones. If you can't handle some venting, maybe it's you that should sack up and move on. Maybe you can find a message board where people have an "oh well" attitude about losing. Good luck on that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why are you surprised or bothered by people voicing their concerns over what happened yesterday?
Reply/Quote
What's done is done.

They'll be better next year.

For those who say "it's always next year" keep in mind that it's next year for 31 other teams too.

Our nucleus is strong. Winning a game against the best offense in the league with a back up QB was a tall task and holding them to 15 legitimate points is a really tough thing to do.

We'll only get better from here.

My only annoyance is now we'll have to listen to the media talk shit about us for no reason for another off season.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I think it's more shocking to see that some would not be voicing their frustrations (and complaining about those who do) about a team in which they spend hours of each day discussing on a message board.

No ones impressed with the shtick.

(01-10-2016, 09:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You check any NFL message board after a massive choke job in a playoff game and it'll look exactly like this. Nevermind after 5 straight one-n-dones. If you can't handle some venting, maybe it's you that should sack up and move on. Maybe you can find a message board where people have an "oh well" attitude about losing. Good luck on that.

(01-10-2016, 09:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Why are you surprised or bothered by people voicing their concerns over what happened yesterday?

Yes, yes and yes. It's only been twenty hours. Let people vent, FFS. Be elsewhere if it's such a hassle for you to read the venting.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd rather demand excellence then celebrate failure like some of the posters with blinders on....5 straight years of 1 and done should make every true Bengal fan livid, it's unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
Venting is fine, but does everybody need to create a new thread about the exact same things?

We get it:

Marvin needs to be fired

We are never, ever winning a playoff game

The Steelers are dirty

Hue is going to leave

Refs screwed up

Burfict blew it

Pacman lost his cool

Jeremy should not have fumbled

We should have taken a knee

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What's done is done.

They'll be better next year.

For those who say "it's always next year" keep in mind that it's next year for 31 other teams too.

Our nucleus is strong. Winning a game against the best offense in the league with a back up QB was a tall task and holding them to 15 legitimate points is a really tough thing to do.

We'll only get better from here.

My only annoyance is now we'll have to listen to the media talk shit about us for no reason for another off season.

Our "nucleus" is breaking up. Those 31 other teams haven't went 5 straight one and dones. Only get better. Funny stuff
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:58 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Our "nucleus" is breaking up. Those 31 other teams haven't went 5 straight one and dones. Only get better. Funny stuff

Is it?

Because last I checked, we have Dalton, Green, Gio, Zeitler, Whitworth, Boling, Johnson, Burfict, Dunlap, Johnson, Atkins and Maualuga for at least 1 more year. Many for 2 or more years.

We can easily re-sign Illoka and Jones. We may lose Sanu, but probably not.

The only significant players I see leaving are Pacman, Smith, Reggie Nelson and perhaps Leon Hall.

But we already have the replacements for each of them in place.

This team isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:47 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I just couldn't believe Hill did what he did.  All game long, he was so tentative and was content in getting to the ground, yet when we don't need him to run with authority and fight for more yards, he does.  Which isn't so bad, but 2 hands on the football, please and thank you.

I'm not mad at Jeremy Hill.  That man ran his butt off all day, fought for yards, and came up with some big plays.  Sure his fumble was bad but it wasn't the reason the Bengals lost.  You want to know why Cincinnati really lost?  Try zero points in the first half.  That's the reason.  If you see Jeremy Hill, shake his hand and tell him to never give up.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now sack up and move on.

How does on "sack up"?

It sounds vaguely sexual.

I am interested in the details.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:46 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: I'd rather demand excellence then celebrate failure like some of the posters with blinders on....5 straight years of 1 and done should make every true Bengal fan livid, it's unacceptable.

Link to anyone celebrating our failure.

Oh, wait, that is just a strawman you created to try and make yourself feel better, right?  Pretty typical of people with low self esteem who have to insult others in order to make themselves feel better.

Of course, if you really do "demand excellence" and are the best in the world at what you do I apologize.
Reply/Quote