Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all the Bill Belicheat suck ups....
News Flash from Patriot country

And I whole heartedly agree you make a point in week 6 against the Browns or Bengal

But you don't bench Malcolm Butler on NFL Championship Sunday!!!!

[Image: illiterate3.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: lazy_Height_of_Laziness-s480x417-48839-5...fit=bounds][Image: tumblr_ltt4ddrDkF1qbjn44o1_500.png?width...fit=bounds][Image: DZ4ZD00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Like-This-_a42ec9413fa15da621e8f3e65be11...fit=bounds][Image: z66172766.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1344440597652.gif?width=320&height=320&f...fit=bounds][Image: its-1030--im-tired.jpg?width=320&height=...fit=bounds][Image: PS_0254_GAME_OVER.jpg?width=320&height=3...fit=bounds][Image: a1271_thumb.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1073518837birthday2.gif?width=320&height...fit=bounds][Image: hide-your-kids.jpg?width=320&height=320&...fit=bounds][Image: eating-corn-at-the-beach.jpg?width=320&h...fit=bounds][Image: 1073617867newjob_zps4a3a36c4.gif?width=3...fit=bounds][Image: K4KDF00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 06:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: News Flash from Patriot country

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/dear-bill-thanks-for-giving-away-the-super-bowl.1143530/

And I whole heartedly agree you make a point in week 6 against the Browns or Bengals Smirk .

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1154764867586

I think it was a dumb move too.  But it's also become a very convenient excuse for Pats fans to blame the loss on one player not playing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
He'll take his 5 SB rings and 8 appearances and tell the talking heads to kiss his a** is probably how he's looking at it right about now.
Reply/Quote
Would Butler have been rushing the QB? Or playing linebacker?

Pats defense was bad this year. Eagles were able capitalize while most other teams couldn't.
Reply/Quote

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/dear-bill-thanks-for-giving-away-the-super-bowl.1143530/

And I whole heartedly agree you make a point in week 6 against the Browns or Bengals Smirk .

You punish him by not letting him start and make him sit the first series, that's it. BB's ego got the best of him. Believed his own hype that he's the master coach and that everyone is replaceable. And I'd guess that as the game wore on and it was obvious that they needed Butler, the less likely he was to put him in. Doing so would concede that he was wrong to sit him the whole game and his ego is so big that he couldn't do it. And Tom nearly pulled it off for him, but the horseshoe finally fell out of his ass. BB is still the GOAT coach, but it's obvious now that his ego is even bigger. If it weren't for the fact that it's the Pats, I'd feel sorry for the rest of the team working so hard for so long and losing because of the coaches ego. 

Ironically this is the opposite of Tomlin. Bell blows off a walk through and gets no punishment. One coach lets the inmates run the asylum, the other lets his ego. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 07:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Would Butler have been rushing the QB? Or playing linebacker?

Pats defense was bad this year. Eagles were able capitalize while most other teams couldn't.

After week 5, they were the best the rest of the year in giving up the least points.

For the full season they were ranked 5 in giving up points.

[Image: shit-i-have-to-go-1.gif?width=320&height...fit=bounds][Image: 593061_460s.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Brenda-1.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: PGYAF00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1073517787idiot.gif?width=320&height=320...fit=bounds][Image: basketball-head-explosion.gif?width=320&...fit=bounds][Image: 1246916010dullest.gif?width=320&height=3...fit=bounds][Image: whoa1.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: tumblr_lnjel6jnHR1qziv5ro1_400.gif?width...fit=bounds][Image: rapey_roommate_Rapey_Roommate_Blames_Vic...fit=bounds][Image: Hereyougo_2d1301387cc458201e42570198aaa4...fit=bounds][Image: Untitled-2.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1073521371thebest.gif?width=320&height=3...fit=bounds][Image: bronx1.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: tumblr_m8nxblq8MO1rbzarfo1_500.gif?width...fit=bounds]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 06:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think it was a dumb move too.  But it's also become a very convenient excuse for Pats fans to blame the loss on one player not playing.

(02-06-2018, 07:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Would Butler have been rushing the QB? Or playing linebacker?

On the NFL Network post game show, Deon Sanders stopped an inch short of saying that it cost them the game. LaDanian Tomlinson went the extra inch and did. 

Butler was their starting CB and they lost a track meet. You can never say 100% that ANY one thing costs a team a game, but sometimes you can make a strong case. This is one of them. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 07:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You punish him by not letting him start and make him sit the first series, that's it. BB's ego got the best of him. Believed his own hype that he's the master coach and that everyone is replaceable. And I'd guess that as the game wore on and it was obvious that they needed Butler, the less likely he was to put him in. Doing so would concede that he was wrong to sit him the whole game and his ego is so big that he couldn't do it. And Tom nearly pulled it off for him, but the horseshoe finally fell out of his ass. BB is still the GOAT coach, but it's obvious now that his ego is even bigger. If it weren't for the fact that it's the Pats, I'd feel sorry for the rest of the team working so hard for so long and losing because of the coaches ego. 

Ironically this is the opposite of Tomlin. Bell blows off a walk through and gets no punishment. One coach lets the inmates run the asylum, the other lets his ego. 

Exactly!!!! 

[Image: AA1aX6rv.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1dwaE3.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: L3F3UPW2SJC6PHN2SRB5CNZWZI.jpg]

[Image: hunter-biden-texts-2.jpg?quality=75&stri...all&w=1024]

[Image: Fz_GneDXoAMXMqI?format=jpg&name=medium][Image: no-one-cares-idc.gif][Image: nobody-cares.gif][Image: eyebrows-teen-wolf.gif][Image: jarosiewicz-zuchewicz.gif][Image: nobody-cares-magic-fetus.gif][Image: cant-see-who-cares-looking-around.gif][Image: radar-searching.gif][Image: Fz-8ANZXwAAbTJt?format=jpg&name=360x360][Image: travis-fran-healy.gif][Image: F0ALqX4WwAAv-9c?format=jpg&name=medium]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 07:39 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You punish him by not letting him start and make him sit the first series, that's it. BB's ego got the best of him. Believed his own hype that he's the master coach and that everyone is replaceable. And I'd guess that as the game wore on and it was obvious that they needed Butler, the less likely he was to put him in. Doing so would concede that he was wrong to sit him the whole game and his ego is so big that he couldn't do it. And Tom nearly pulled it off for him, but the horseshoe finally fell out of his ass. BB is still the GOAT coach, but it's obvious now that his ego is even bigger. If it weren't for the fact that it's the Pats, I'd feel sorry for the rest of the team working so hard for so long and losing because of the coaches ego. 

I agree with that approach.  If BB has a bigger issue with Butler, he can always shit can him yesterday, and use the offseason to find his replacement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree with that approach.  If BB has a bigger issue with Butler, he can always shit can him yesterday, and use the offseason to find his replacement.

Butler is a FA in 6 weeks and this was likely his last game, so what's the point with the over the top punishment? Teach him a lesson for his next team? 

Or was this done as an example to the rest of the team? Im sure they get it by now, you don't step out of line with BB. It's the SB, don't f**k the rest of the guys over and all the work they put in. Swallow your pride, suppress your ego and put him in the second half, and say "I sat him a whole half" as punishment. 

IDC what he did (short of something illegal or immoral (this is Brad's que to join in)), you go light on the punishment in the SB. ESPECIALLY when its probably his last game with you. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 07:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: He'll take his 5 SB rings and 8 appearances and tell the talking heads to kiss his a** is probably how he's looking at it right about now.

Yeah, like he didn't want his 6 SB ring.

6 -  2 In NFL Championships[only losing to the Giants] is a lot better then

5 -  3, where you are one game away from tying the most losses in NFL Championship Sunday.

[Image: AA18wcE7.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1aJQzb.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg][Image: AA19gr8R.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg][Image: AA1cc0OU.img?w=800&h=415&q=60&m=2&f=jpg][Image: AA1fLQVM.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 08:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Butler is a FA in 6 weeks and this was likely his last game, so what's the point with the over the top punishment? Teach him a lesson for his next team? 

Or was this done as an example to the rest of the team? Im sure they get it by now, you don't step out of line with BB. It's the SB, don't f**k the rest of the guys over and all the work they put in. Swallow your pride, suppress your ego and put him in the second half, and say "I sat him a whole half" as punishment. 

IDC what he did (short of something illegal or immoral (this is Brad's que to join in)), you go light on the punishment in the SB. ESPECIALLY when its probably his last game with you. 

LOL @ bolded.

Wow, I was unaware that Butler was about to be a FA.  Yes, that does sort of exacerbate the fact that BB was just proving a point.  Picturing Cartman saying "You WILL respect my Authorita!".  

All joking aside, they say that ego's have been the undoing of many a great man.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Butler is taking a page out of the Kaepernick playbook. Thanks man! Now, every player named Butler who doesn't start will cause kneeling across 32 cities. BS! He evidently pissed off the coach. You don't do that regardless or this happens. So blame the loss on BB if you wish, but if you take that route, if Butler was benched due to disciplinary reasons, then it is actually Butler who cost them the SB. Dude knows what is expected of him.

If it was due to illness? Kindly disregard all that shit I just said. LOL...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Butler is taking a page out of the Kaepernick playbook. Thanks man! Now, every player named Butler who doesn't start will cause kneeling across 32 cities. BS! He evidently pissed off the coach. You don't do that regardless or this happens. So blame the loss on BB if you wish, but if you take that route, if Butler was benched due to disciplinary reasons, then it is actually Butler who cost them the SB. Dude knows what is expected of him.

If it was due to illness? Kindly disregard all that shit I just said. LOL...

I get that, but for me it's got to be pretty egregious in the Super Bowl. Rules were made to be broken, or maybe bent just a little in rare situations.....like the game that you put your heart and soul, blood sweat and tears into starting in July. 

You can "punish" and still not fatally hurt the team. Sit the first series. Or even the first quarter if you have the confidence that you can overcome.  

And if he nailed a coed in the bathroom the night before, kindly disregard what I wrote.  Cool
Reply/Quote

According to some replies in your link, Butler may have been caught with weed, and it had been an ongoing issue and he had been given an ultimatum prior.  If that IS the case, it's a no brainer.....you have to remain consistent in your discipline.  How many times have us Bengals fans and everyone complained about inconsistencies in punishments in house and with the league office?  The man sent Randy Moss home from practice for being late in a snow storm.  You know the rules in NE, and who the man calling the shots is....don't cross him.  You're paid handsomely to accept these stipulations set forth by the staff.  You follow them.

I'm withholding judgement until all of the info is readily available.  That being said, Butler is culpable in all of this as well.  Don't put yourself in that position.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to some replies in your link, Butler may have been caught with weed, and it had been an ongoing issue and he had been given an ultimatum prior.  If that IS the case, it's a no brainer.....you have to remain consistent in your discipline.  How many times have us Bengals fans and everyone complained about inconsistencies in punishments in house and with the league office?  The man sent Randy Moss home from practice for being late in a snow storm.  You know the rules in NE, and who the man calling the shots is....don't cross him.  You're paid handsomely to accept these stipulations set forth by the staff.  You follow them.

I'm withholding judgement until all of the info is readily available.  That being said, Butler is culpable in all of this as well.  Don't put yourself in that position.

See post #14 ThumbsUp

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-To-all-the-Bill-Belicheat-suck-ups?pid=513472#pid513472
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to some replies in your link, Butler may have been caught with weed, and it had been an ongoing issue and he had been given an ultimatum prior.  If that IS the case, it's a no brainer.....you have to remain consistent in your discipline.  How many times have us Bengals fans and everyone complained about inconsistencies in punishments in house and with the league office?  The man sent Randy Moss home from practice for being late in a snow storm.  You know the rules in NE, and who the man calling the shots is....don't cross him.  You're paid handsomely to accept these stipulations set forth by the staff.  You follow them.

Totally agree. 

Reply/Quote

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/02/07/bill-belichicks-decision-to-bench-malcolm-butler-still-makes-no-sense
Reply/Quote

Here's my problem with the weed angle:  He still played in the game.  If he legitimately broke NFL rules/the law he shouldn't have even been ACTIVE.

Also, did BB punish Gronk for his deliberate hit that got hims suspended for one game?  Or did he just accept that was enough since it came from the league?  Or when Gronk went dancing after the last SB loss when he played "injured"?

WE hear a lot about how strict BB is...when he is strict with a player.  We don't know how much he let's slide.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 12:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Here's my problem with the weed angle:  He still played in the game.  If he legitimately broke NFL rules/the law he shouldn't have even been ACTIVE.

Also, did BB punish Gronk for his deliberate hit that got hims suspended for one game?  Or did he just accept that was enough since it came from the league?  Or when Gronk went dancing after the last SB loss when he played "injured"?

WE hear a lot about how strict BB is...when he is strict with a player.  We don't know how much he let's slide.

Well, I mean he sent Randy Moss home, told Brady to can his trainer, it seems he's rather consistent.

As to the weed, I'd tend to agree, hence the all caps IF.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote