Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all you who laughed at my proposal
Rex was doing Great today.
Decisive, hitting the hole real hard and creating on his own when nothing opened up.
Much more burst than i have seen from Hill the whole year.
He needs to be resigned and given a lot more touches.
Competition is always great.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, when you posted this, I was taking a hiatus from these boards because things were rough in my personal life at the time and I really didn't need the excess negativity that was on these boards at the time.

The season's over trucker.  Keep your perspectives and take care of business.  Why come back in here if there are more important things to deal with in your life??

Just a parting thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:01 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Screw you.

Burkhead is a stud. Hill isn't.

It's time we move on from Hill.

An elephant never forgets.

People throw words like stud and beast around far too easily anymore. 

Rex has played well in a limited sample size, but has only 2 games where he carried more than 9 times.

He might turn out to be a terrific RB for us (if he gets re-signed), but we have no idea how he will perform with a greatly increased 16 game workload, let alone if he'll be a 'stud' or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Stop being obtuse and turning away your crow.

When did Hill have a game like this post-2014? I'll wait.

3 weeks ago in Cleveland.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:54 PM)J24 Wrote: I like all three Rbs Hill, Bernard(when healthy), and Burkhead. I think the problem with Hill is more scheme related than anything else.

It's all scheme..

Bengals run a zone/speed offensive line while Hill is a power run offense.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Stop being obtuse and turning away your crow.

Browns game
Reply/Quote
I just wish they'd evaluate our lack of rushing game and fix it.

It's been a staple of ineptness for so many seasons.

Rex is hitting the holes quicker than Hill but do you honestly think he's quicker than Gio?

You know. The same guy who has as putrid of numbers as Hill?

Nah... not buying it. Hill... yes. Gio... nope.

If you think it's not a product of our shitty lines then you must be blind.

I couldn't care less if Hill is shown the door. For a big guy he runs way too soft for his stature.

I might add that both Z and Piano Man need to get the boot.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: People throw words like stud and beast around far too easily anymore. 

Rex has played well in a limited sample size, and having only 2 games where he carried more than 9 times.

He might turn out to be a terrific RB for us, but we have no idea how he will perform with a greatly increased 16 game workload, let alone if he'll be a 'stud' or not.

True. But hill played a soulless ravens team as the regular season finale last year. Was non existent aside from one 4th down TD
Reply/Quote
Hill can be our 3rd string and bring Rex in as our #1/2 with Gio. Maybe that hanging off the edge of the cliff will make Hill run better in the downs he's coming in (which will be few). I'm guessing he will fold though, with only 5-7 touches a game, he will not get the YPC, first downs, or TDs.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd still take Hill over Burkhead if I had to choose.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:01 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Screw you.

Burkhead is a stud. Hill isn't.

It's time we move on from Hill.

An elephant never forgets.

One start does not mean a stud.. if that is true did you say Hill was a stud after a outstanding rookie season ?

I like Burkhead but maybe as Tim Mcgee said on radio.. Hill and Gio were in front of him for football reasons... 

One area of weakness in a short time for Burkhead seems to be fumbles.. Hill this year really did great there. I am not sure if he fumbled at all.  

Im just not sure if you move from Hill after 3 seasons and move to Burkhead after one game... also i don't see us with all three next year.. that will be a bit too much $$$ into three backs
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:01 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: An elephant never forgets.

I don't understand.  Are you saying you're morbidly obese, or....?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't understand.  Are you saying you're morbidly obese, or....?

"You were right Bigzo. I won't think your ideas are shitposts and trololols anymore"

Why, thank you LLama. I appreciate your honesty.
Reply/Quote
How many more seasons ya'll wanna give Hill again? The Bungle attitude, too little, too late. Take too long to cut Nugent, throw the season away.

Take too long to get rid of M. lewis, never win a playoff game.

Take too long to get rid of Hill, Dalton and AJ will be on the decline by the time that problem is fixed.

We're as bad as the Browns, can't win a playoff game, won't win a superbowl.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 01:21 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How many more seasons ya'll wanna give Hill again? The Bungle attitude, too little, too late. Take too long to cut Nugent, throw the season away.

Take too long to get rid of M. lewis, never win a playoff game.

Take too long to get rid of Hill, Dalton and AJ will be on the decline by the time that problem is fixed.

We're as bad as the Browns, can't win a playoff game, won't win a superbowl.

I, and many, have had enough of you.

Bad as the Browns? Are you mad?

STFU, wish you would just go away.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

You mean December 11th, 2015 where he had 111 rushing yards and 31 receiving yards?

Burkhead had one good game. Remember when Bernard Scott had a really good game against the Raiders and then the Browns the next week?

No? Because that's really obscure?

Or even how Jerome Simpson had two really good games in the end of 2010 where he had 2 games with over 100 yards and had 3 TDs? And then his next 49 games he had 1779 yards and 6 TDs?

Take one game wonders with a grain of salt.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:21 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: True. But hill played a soulless ravens team as the regular season finale last year.  Was non existent aside from one 4th down TD

You mean Hill who averaged 6 YPC, had 96 rushing yards and 19 receiving yards and a TD? Who also had a passing offense with McCarron? Who could only muster up 160 passing yards with Green, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 11:43 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: "You were right Bigzo. I won't think your ideas are shitposts and trololols anymore"

Why, thank you LLama. I appreciate your honesty.

Dude, I don't know you or any damn thing you predicted nor have I ever stated any opinions on such.  But, if you need this win this badly, and you apparently do, then here you go:

Great call, Bigzo!  You da Man!  Nostra-friggin-damus you are!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 02:07 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You mean Hill who averaged 6 YPC, had 96 rushing yards and 19 receiving yards and a TD? Who also had a passing offense with McCarron? Who could only muster up 160 passing yards with Green, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu?

Eifert wasn't in that game.

You're trying really hard to make his performace against Baltimore look good. The numbers you list are skewed by that one play I mentioned. 

Big whoop.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Eh, Rex hits the LoS with conviction and aggression.  Hill tap dances in the backfield doing a bad LeVeon Bell impersonation.  Rex has a better burst which helps the OL by them not being forced to sustain their blocks as long.

Bingo!
Reply/Quote