Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To me , this is the biggest week of the season
This week,or i guess two weeks will tell me how far the Bengals will go. Now i know some of our fans think we suck but i dont think we are that far away from winning playoff games. I said it last a few times on here,the Bengals have to make a move. Even James Rapien on twitter thinks we need too and says we are just missing a piece on offense.

Im not waiting on john ross to come through anymore,he might be back for the Saints who knows. But the Bengals need to be proactive and make a move. Winning teams do this,philly would, the pats would,the steelers would. Everyone except us probably. But im praying to god i hear something. We need to go get that tight end cook or get Dez or get auden tate up on the roster and playing him. We need that 3rd guy. We cant depend on two guys and Mixon.

And you guys will disagree but i think having Erickson is hurting us. He is no threat on the outside,and hes an ok returner but hes not going to run td's back. I want Darius Phillips returning. I want someone good on the opposite of green. Freak it go get Dez if you aint going to use Tate,or atleast just use Malone.

Defensively im not too worried,its a offensive league. We just have to do some tweaks,and its really the scheme Austin is running also. No team is holding anyone 10 or under now adays. Youve got to be able to put up a lot of points. They need to fix the linebackers, we have trouble stopping the run and thats where it starts for us. I dont know if Tez will be Tez this year or can be counted on unfortunetly. I want them to play jefferson and bring up brandon bell instead of hardy nickerson, we will get vigil back. I do like kirk but he gets picked on even by the refs. I liked what i saw out of russell today he seems fast and focused out there. Safety i think we need to replace williams ,maybe have him cover tight ends and be a nickle linebacker,he had that role before. I dont know who to put in his spot,maybe try to get reggie nelson back from the raiders,let him retire a bengal with a playoff win.. Defensive Line i think is good, i like our guys except Michael Johnson. Hes kind of a liability.

If the front office does nothing and the coaches make no changes, im not going to be too excited for the rest of the year. Because i know whats coming. Itll come down to the wire and the steelers will end up beating us the last game and demoralizing us. They got homefield and the refs. We need big changes to happen to beat all of that.. but anyways i understand the fans frustration but at the same time we cant even sell out the stadium and our fans are very negative. The bengals need to show they want to win this week at trade deadline. If we make no moves i expect to lose to the saints. And they deserve it for not trying. But i really want to see them win big this year. I actually feel hurt and emotional that they wouldnt even try anything new. Please for the love of god make moves bengals make moves. Who dey
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:15 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This week,or i guess two weeks will tell me how far the Bengals will go. Now i know some of our fans think we suck but i dont think we are that far away from winning playoff games. I said it last a few times on here,the Bengals have to make a move. Even James Rapien on twitter thinks we need too and says we are just missing a piece on offense.

Im not waiting on john ross to come through anymore,he might be back for the Saints who knows. But the Bengals need to be proactive and make a move. Winning teams do this,philly would, the pats would,the steelers would. Everyone except us probably. But im praying to god i hear something. We need to go get that tight end cook or get Dez or get auden tate up on the roster and playing him. We need that 3rd guy. We cant depend on two guys and Mixon.

And you guys will disagree but i think having Erickson is hurting us. He is no threat on the outside,and hes an ok returner but hes not going to run td's back. I want Darius Phillips returning. I want someone good on the opposite of green. Freak it go get Dez if you aint going to use Tate,or atleast just use Malone.

Defensively im not too worried,its a offensive league. We just have to do some tweaks,and its really the scheme Austin is running also. No team is holding anyone 10 or under now adays. Youve got to be able to put up a lot of points. They need to fix the linebackers, we have trouble stopping the run and thats where it starts for us. I dont know if Tez will be Tez this year or can be counted on unfortunetly. I want them to play jefferson and bring up brandon bell instead of hardy nickerson, we will get vigil back. I do like kirk but he gets picked on even by the refs. I liked what i saw out of russell today he seems fast and focused out there. Safety i think we need to replace williams ,maybe have him cover tight ends and be a nickle linebacker,he had that role before. I dont know who to put in his spot,maybe try to get reggie nelson back from the raiders,let him retire a bengal with a playoff win.. Defensive Line i think is good, i like our guys except Michael Johnson. Hes kind of a liability.

If the front office does nothing and the coaches make no changes, im not going to be too excited for the rest of the year. Because i know whats coming. Itll come down to the wire and the steelers will end up beating us the last game and demoralizing us. They got homefield and the refs. We need big changes to happen to beat all of that.. but anyways i understand the fans frustration but at the same time we cant even sell out the stadium and our fans are very negative. The bengals need to show they want to win this week at trade deadline. If we make no moves i expect to lose to the saints. And they deserve it for not trying. But i really want to see them win big this year. I actually feel hurt and emotional that they wouldnt even try anything new. Please for the love of god make moves bengals make moves. Who dey

Stopped reading
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Stopped reading

A hole comment
Reply/Quote
MJ helped us win at least 1 game so not sure why you singled him out versus Willis, Lawson (before he got hurt), Billings or others. We are missing 2 starting LB's and have missed them most of the year. I do think Vigil was looking a lot better, Burfict has not played well. The missed tackles by our team is a major problem that has to be fixed, it started in 2017 and has gotten worse.

The offense will be helped by a healthy Gio and a heathy Price.

I do agree, it would be great to see us go after a D. Jackson type WR or J. Cook TE on offense. If not a road grading guard to open up running lanes. Or a Jamie Collins type LB on defense.

I like 5-3 versus 3-5, we have a shot at getting a playoff spot or win our division (only down .5 games). We have seen the darlings in October lose in January, so get in and hope the team steps up, but have to get in first.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
When you are the worst Defense in the NFL, you should be worried.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MJ helped us win at least 1 game so not sure why you singled him out versus Willis, Lawson (before he got hurt), Billings or others. We are missing 2 starting LB's and have missed them most of the year. I do think Vigil was looking a lot better, Burfict has not played well. The missed tackles by our team is a major problem that has to be fixed, it started in 2017 and has gotten worse.

I do agree, it would be great to see us go after a D. Jackson type WR or J. Cook TE on offense. If not a road grading guard to open up running lanes. Or a Jamie Collins type LB on defense.

I like 5-3 versus 3-5, we have a shot at getting a playoff spot or win our division (only down .5 games). We have seen the darlings in October lose in January, so get in and hope the team steps up, but have to get in first.

What I came here to type.  The OP is tired of waiting on Ross, well, there's your deep threat answer, and he is seeking a trade.  Go get him.

If the Raiders look to shop Cook, that would be better than DJax.....just due to the fact we are running out of TEs.

At LB, I'd look for a guy that can cover......maybe Buchannon out of ARZ, or someone with that line of skills.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: When you are the worst Defense in the NFL, you should be worried.

I dont buy into the stats like everybody else,we got good players ,and theres ways to improve our defense. Its a offensive league and we played good offensive teams. I dont remember what we was ranked in 05 but it seemed like if we didnt get a turnover ,the other team scored. And that was our supposed to be superbowl team. Look at the pats last year, bad defense, you can say the same about pittsburgh who won a playoff game last year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: What I came here to type.  The OP is tired of waiting on Ross, well, there's your deep threat answer, and he is seeking a trade.  Go get him.

If the Raiders look to shop Cook, that would be better than DJax.....just due to the fact we are running out of TEs.

At LB, I'd look for a guy that can cover......maybe Buchannon out of ARZ, or someone with that line of skills.

I would love any of all 3 of your picks. Now let's have group prayer the FO gets aggressive...………...please

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MJ helped us win at least 1 game so not sure why you singled him out versus Willis, Lawson (before he got hurt), Billings or others. We are missing 2 starting LB's and have missed them most of the year. I do think Vigil was looking a lot better, Burfict has not played well. The missed tackles by our team is a major problem that has to be fixed, it started in 2017 and has gotten worse.

Mj did make that good play, but overall i dont think he brings any pass rush. I like the others better then him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:27 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont buy into the stats like everybody else,we got good players ,and theres ways to improve our defense. Its a offensive league and we played good offensive teams. I dont remember what we was ranked in 05 but it seemed like if we didnt get a turnover ,the other team scored. And that was our supposed to be superbowl team. Look at the pats last year, bad defense, you can say the same about pittsburgh who won a playoff game last year. 

You dont buy into stats? What do you buy into? Gut feeling? Opinion? 

Not sure I can take what you wrote seriously. We don't have good players on defense. This defense isnt just bad, its HISTORICALLY bad. Like one of the worst defenses of all time. 

Its fine to put a priority on offense, but you need an at least competent defense. Our offense will never be as good as the Pats or the Chiefs now matter how badly we want it to be. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Mj did make that good play, but overall i dont think he brings any pass rush. I like the others better then him. 

We are best with a rotation of 8 DL. MJ can play all 4 DL positions, those guys are hard to find. I know Willis is younger and I don't want him cut, but he has done nothing in 2017, he is name, a high draft pick who as yet to break out.

The loss of Lawson is another DL gone for the year, MJ may not be JJ Watt, but he is a vet we need right now to weather the storm in my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love any of all 3 of your picks. Now let's have group prayer the FO gets aggressive...………...please

No doubt....we need some kind of intervention with the FO.... Smirk

If this is even in the realm of possibilities, it's going to be one player.  We could use all of them, but one player of the caliber of those guys at any of the 3 positions might be the band aid this ailing team needs.  It'd be nice to get a couple of guys.....maybe another edge rusher, but I don't think that's feasible.  ONE player is though, and should be on the team's radar. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:27 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I dont buy into the stats like everybody else,we got good players ,and theres ways to improve our defense. Its a offensive league and we played good offensive teams. I dont remember what we was ranked in 05 but it seemed like if we didnt get a turnover ,the other team scored. And that was our supposed to be superbowl team. Look at the pats last year, bad defense, you can say the same about pittsburgh who won a playoff game last year. 
I'm not a stats guy either, but we are lost out there. Never said our players were bad either. My personal opinion is, it's the scheme. I get offenses are passing the ball around a lot but when you intentionally drop LBers 15 yds into coverage and the offense needs 8 yds for a 1st, there is something fundamentally wrong. We can't stop anyone from running on us, that's old school, to many missed tackles again yesterday. That is why I say you should be worried about the Defense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not a stats guy either, but we are lost out there. Never said our players were bad either. My personal opinion is, it's the scheme. I get offenses are passing the ball around a lot but when you intentionally drop LBers 15 yds into coverage and the offense needs 8 yds for a 1st, there is something fundamentally wrong. We can't stop anyone from running on us, that's old school, to many missed tackles again yesterday. That is why I say you should be worried about the Defense. 

Overall im not worried about the defense,because if they are smart they can make it a very capable defense. The tackling has been bad and a lot of that has to do with the linevackers theyve used like nickerson and old v rey. Burfict came in out of shape and looked bad on tackling. I believe burfict can improve but idk if he will with injuries also. We do have good players,geno dunlap will jackson jesse bates and vontaze if he gets it together. Its not like we have a no name defense.

Also the offense has to help the defense out more and stay on the field, all the offense droughts we have arent helping the defense. Its like our playoff games,keep putting the defense out there and they arent going to be able to hold up. This is why tampa came back on us. We arent controling the clock running the ball or anything because lazor loves to pass. And we havnt been that successful running the ball. I think mixon had most his yards in the first half. 

But i do think it would be wise to add someone to the defense,i think we got a couple hidden gems not even playing,jefferson looks fast and a good tackler and brandon bell really should be on the 53  he was always making plays in preseason.

Id like to replace williams also but im not sure who with. He needs to be a linebacker or something. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Stopped reading

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:00 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: A hole comment

I got more rep for that comment than any single post I have made in weeks...

So, to quote one Lord Helmet:

"I'm surrounded by assholes!  Keep firing, assholes!"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I got more rep for that comment than any single post I have made in weeks...

So, to quote one Lord Helmet:

"I'm surrounded by assholes!  Keep firing, assholes!"

Yeah i bet, nothing but a holes on all these forums,so i screenshotted you two that "quit reading" so next time i see posts made by you guys i will type didnt read.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 04:15 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This week,or i guess two weeks will tell me how far the Bengals will go. Now i know some of our fans think we suck but i dont think we are that far away from winning playoff games. I said it last a few times on here,the Bengals have to make a move. Even James Rapien on twitter thinks we need too and says we are just missing a piece on offense.

Why would the Bengals play Malone...why play a 6'3" guy that can run a 4.4..... why let Darius Phillips return kicks, imean, he just might run one back and his college highlights prove he has the vision to see holes open up, plus he's fast...why let him return kicks tho, why threaten the other team with a burner that can return kicks.... why put yourself in a position to really threaten to win. MARVIN LEWIS IS A MOLE...that is the only thing I can think of... Marvin Lewis is in place to make sure the Benglas do not win so the darlings of the league. (Steelers, Patriots) can keep bringing that revenue in... anybody that don't feel this way is slow az fu**
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 09:21 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Why would the Bengals play Malone...why play a 6'3" guy that can run a 4.4..... why let Darius Phillips return kicks, imean, he just might run one back and his college highlights prove he has the vision to see holes open up, plus he's fast...why let him return kicks tho, why threaten the other team with a burner that can return kicks.... why put yourself in a position to really threaten to win. MARVIN LEWIS IS A MOLE...that is the only thing I can think of... Marvin Lewis is in place to make sure the Benglas do not win so the darlings of the league. (Steelers, Patriots) can keep bringing that revenue in... anybody that don't feel this way is slow az fu**

Lol i can believe that
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Mj did make that good play, but overall i dont think he brings any pass rush. I like the others better then him. 

Well, since he is in there mainly because of his run stopping.....
Reply/Quote