Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To my Steeler fans
You know I really do feel sorry for you, truly.

On paper, the Steelers have an insane amount of talent. They have for years. Yet they've never managed to meet the expectations placed on them. If it's one thing, it's another. This looks to be one of those years, though i could be wrong.

You now have Pig pen showing the cob webs in his vagina implying that he can't play anymore.

You know what? When the Bengals eventually disappoint me and either fail to make the playoffs or lose first round, i'm gonna root for the Steelers, not because I like them, but because I want fans to get that sweet taste of victory they've been denied throughout the "big 3 era"
Reply/Quote
Yeah the high powered offense the Steelers have hasn't even shown up yet. I'm not worried yet because they have been known to get on a roll and start dominating. Of course the Steelers have also been known to play down to their level of competition. If they're still playing like this by week 12, I'll start worrying. I think the big test will be next week. I'm more worried about the Chiefs game than the Patriots game.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:09 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah the high powered offense the Steelers have hasn't even shown up yet. I'm not worried yet because they have been known to get on a roll and start dominating. Of course the Steelers have also been known to play down to their level of competition. If they're still playing like this by week 12, I'll start worrying. I think the big test will be next week. I'm more worried about the Chiefs game than the Patriots game.

you should be, you lose BOTH!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:17 AM)RASCAL Wrote: you should be, you lose BOTH!!!

Maybe, but the Patriots game will be closer. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:38 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Maybe, but the Patriots game will be closer. 

So smaller margin of defeat = moral victory?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:09 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Yeah the high powered offense the Steelers have hasn't even shown up yet. I'm not worried yet because they have been known to get on a roll and start dominating. Of course the Steelers have also been known to play down to their level of competition. If they're still playing like this by week 12, I'll start worrying. I think the big test will be next week. I'm more worried about the Chiefs game than the Patriots game.

Such arrogance. The almighty Steelers are the best and other NFL teams suck mentality of Steeler's fans. How about the Jags kicked your ass and are the much better team both on offense and on defense.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So smaller margin of defeat = moral victory?

I never said that. A close game could go either way. The Patriots are in the same boat as the Steelers. They have a great team on paper but haven't lived up to it on the field yet
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Such arrogance. The almighty Steelers are the best and other NFL teams suck mentality of Steeler's fans. How about the Jags kicked your ass and are the much better team both on offense and on defense.

The Jaguars were predicted to be in the bottom of the division this year and to lose badly. They are playing better than everyone predicted and people are just waiting for them to fall back down to reality.  This  year with even the good teams struggling, they may just win the division.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:18 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: The Jaguars were predicted to be in the bottom of the division this year and to lose badly. They are playing better than everyone predicted and people are just waiting for them to fall back down to reality.  This  year with even the good teams struggling, they may just win the division.

Steelers were predicted to be Super Bowl contenders, but now look like pretenders. Who cares about preseason predictions? Also, I saw many predict Jags would win the South this year so not sure where you get lose and lose badly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:10 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said that. A close game could go either way. The Patriots are in the same boat as the Steelers. They have a great team on paper but haven't lived up to it on the field yet

But suck as it may, they most likely will.  Best head coach and QB maybe in history gives you a lot of wiggle room.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:10 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said that. A close game could go either way. The Patriots are in the same boat as the Steelers. They have a great team on paper but haven't lived up to it on the field yet

At least you have the paper champions thing going for you. Sounds like another moral victory to put in the old trophy case to me.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:10 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said that. A close game could go either way. The Patriots are in the same boat as the Steelers. They have a great team on paper but haven't lived up to it on the field yet

You might as well have said that.  Someone says that the Steelers will lose to both the Chiefs and the Patriots.  Then your response was that the Patriots game will likely be closer, not a claim that you think the Steelers will win that game, but only that you think that it will be closer.

So, smaller margin of defeat = moral victory    ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steelers were predicted to be Super Bowl contenders, but now look like pretenders. Who cares about preseason predictions? Also, I saw many predict Jags would win the South this year so not sure where you get lose and lose badly.

I call bullcrap. I have not seen one website claiming they think the Jaguars would be the division winner. Where did you see that? I want the website or I'm labeling you as a liar.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 05:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might as well have said that.  Someone says that the Steelers will lose to both the Chiefs and the Patriots.  Then your response was that the Patriots game will likely be closer, not a claim that you think the Steelers will win that game, but only that you think that it will be closer.

So, smaller margin of defeat = moral victory    ThumbsUp

So because I claim that the Patriots game will be closer means I think the Patriots will win? Good to know you all know what I'm  saying without even saying it. As for the moal victories, the fans of the NFL leave those up to the Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 06:33 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I want the website or I'm labeling you as a liar.

No please....not that.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 06:43 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: As for the moal victories, the fans of the NFL leave those up to the Bengals fans.

Sick burn, bro.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 06:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: No please....not that.

(10-09-2017, 08:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sick burn, bro.

Wow, the smack has fallen that low from the Bengals fans? No wonder this board is as dead as it is. This board will be closed in another year or 2 with smack this bad. Now I know why I hardly come here Elementary smack is funny until I turned 10.
Reply/Quote
Put a fishing line with a pic of a 16 year old spring breaker dangling in front of his helmet and ben will play better...
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Elementary smack is funny until I turned 10.

Come on bro. That was just last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:59 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Elementary smack is funny until I turned 10.

(10-09-2017, 09:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on bro. That was just last year. 

[Image: i-walked-right-into-that-one.jpg]
Reply/Quote