Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To which promises do you hold president Trump.
SO how exactly trade war with the Chinese supposed to end for us? Most of what I've read or heard says the repercussions for both nation's economies would be disastrous, and also result in China becoming practically unchallenged as the dominant trade partner on SE Asia. FWIW, the Chinese government doesn't seem to think Trump will follow though on this.
Looks like the Hillary investigation and the Obamacare repeal already went down the drain only two days after the election. Fighting the political Washington elite also seems kind of gone when Giuliani et al. get into the cabinet.

I'd say that went pretty fast. But sure, too early to be already disappointed. Backpedaling might be the best to hope for anyway.

And pleaso oh please let Sarah Palin be a part of the cabinet. I could really use those laughs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
None. Politicians say what people want to hear in order to get elected. Then the other side does everything they can to prevent the campaign promises from coming to fruition so they don't get re-elected.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
(11-11-2016, 06:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: None. Politicians say what people want to hear in order to get elected. Then the other side does everything they can to prevent the campaign promises from coming to fruition so they don't get re-elected.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Agreed in principle - although in this particular case I guess it's not just "the other side", but also sheer reality beyond political borders that prevent the promises to get fulfilled.
(11-11-2016, 06:26 PM)hollodero Wrote: Looks like the Hillary investigation and the Obamacare repeal already went down the drain only two days after the election. Fighting the political Washington elite also seems kind of gone when Giuliani et al. get into the cabinet.

I'd say that went pretty fast. But sure, too early to be already disappointed. Backpedaling might be the best to hope for anyway.

And pleaso oh please let Sarah Palin be a part of the cabinet. I could really use those laughs.

Who cares about Hillary? She lost, ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. If does start trouble, then go after her. At this point, it's all up to Hillary. We've wasted enough Tax-payer money on her to date.

As far as his Cabinet members go Not very many have been a part of that Washington thing, Rudi for example has only been a mayor of NYC. And yes, he will have a mix, and they will be setup to cross check themselves.

Just like he has done with the first two guys appointed to his cabinet. One is an insider and the other is not, but nothing gets put on Trump's desk until both of them have signed off on it. That means the 2 first have to deal with each other first, then Trump.

Now you could argue the style of governing, but that's about it. If you want to get something done in DC, you have to have some insiders, they have already established working relationships with others in DC. Coming in completely from the cold isn't going to work and by the time you've gotten some made the right establishments, your term is up.
(11-14-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who cares about Hillary? She lost, ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. If does start trouble, then go after her. At this point, it's all up to Hillary. We've wasted enough Tax-payer money on her to date.

As far as his Cabinet members go Not very many have been a part of that Washington thing, Rudi for example has only been a mayor of NYC. And yes, he will have a mix, and they will be setup to cross check themselves.

Just like he has done with the first two guys appointed to his cabinet. One is an insider and the other is not, but nothing gets put on Trump's desk until both of them have signed off on it. That means the 2 first have to deal with each other first, then Trump.

Now you could argue the style of governing, but that's about it. If you want to get something done in DC, you have to have some insiders, they have already established working relationships with others in DC. Coming in completely from the cold isn't going to work and by the time you've gotten some made the right establishments, your term is up.

I'm on my phone, so I am not deleting all the rest, but didn't Rudi have a policy role in the DoJ atone point? I remember a discussion about his communications with FBI agents being so egregious because he wrote the policies against that sort of thing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-14-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who cares about Hillary? She lost, ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. If does start trouble, then go after her. At this point, it's all up to Hillary. We've wasted enough Tax-payer money on her to date.

I widely agree. I'd be shocked if he went after Hillary - it's just what he advertised; and appointing insiders is the only reasonable thing to do here - it's just not what he advertised.

No reason to be mad about that at this point, of course, you are grown-up and so am I. 
I just want to find out when that tipping point comes, when there are too many broken promises (and overall bad consequences) for you and others, which I believe will happen. I want that data.
(Maybe it never happens and all will be great throughout the next 4 years and you will be happy; then I'll be happy for you and would feel silly. We'll see.)
(11-14-2016, 08:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who cares about Hillary? She lost, ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again. If does start trouble, then go after her. At this point, it's all up to Hillary. We've wasted enough Tax-payer money on her to date.

Who are Trumps first two cabinet members?