Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Tobin Talking Himself Into Trouble
Did they not learn with the Burrow investigation.

Begging the league to take draft picks.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bengals-confident-sam-hubbard-will-revert-back-to-form-after-postseason-surgery
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Did they not learn with the Burrow investigation.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bengals-confident-sam-hubbard-will-revert-back-to-form-after-postseason-surgery

Nothing came of the Burrow investigation, though. I'm not really concerned about this. There are reasons to be listed on the injury report and if Sam Hubbard didn't satisfy those reasons (along with having no suspicious rest days) then they are fine. 
Reply/Quote
Please stop giving Florio clicks.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: Did they not learn with the Burrow investigation.

Guys not being listed on the injury report and having surgery after the season is fairly common.  
Reply/Quote

This is nothing.  Stop feeding the troll.  It's been investigated and dismissed by the league.
Reply/Quote

if he was healthy enough to practice and play he doesnt have to be on the injury list im pretty sure
Reply/Quote
Tobin said he had been playing through injury for the last couple weeks of the season. That would and should mean he should have been on the injury report.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 12:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if he was healthy enough to practice and play he doesnt have to be on the injury list im pretty sure

People on the injury report are healthy enough to practice and can end up playing.

Reply/Quote

OK Strech Armstrong!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 12:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is nothing.  Stop feeding the troll.  It's been investigated and dismissed by the league.

I didn't realize thy already investigated the Sam injury..... 

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 12:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin said he had been playing through injury for the last couple weeks of the season. That would and should mean he should have been on the injury report.

It doesn't, though. You have to be listed on the injury report if...

1. The player is forced to miss a game.
  2. The player is unable to finish a game.
  3. The player is unable to complete their normal practice workload.
There is a fourth clause that says that some injures may be considered reportable for up to one week if it can greatly affect a players performance, like an injury to a finger on the throwing hand of the QB. However, just having an injury by itself doesn't mean they have to be reported. There are conditions that must be met. 

Link.
Reply/Quote
This is actually “good news” not because I want him injured but because he did not seem to play that well and had less of an impact on games compared to previous seasons IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:27 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is actually “good news” not because I want him injured but because he did not seem to play that well and had less of an impact on games compared to previous seasons IMO.

Tobin admitted the injury effected his play (one of the reasons to list him on the injury report I might add).

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:27 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is actually “good news” not because I want him injured but because he did not seem to play that well and had less of an impact on games compared to previous seasons IMO.

(02-01-2024, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin admitted the injury effected his play (one of the reasons to list him on the injury report I might add).

Hubbard said himself that he was playing hurt since midseason.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 01:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin admitted the injury effected his play (one of the reasons to list him on the injury report I might add).

Excuse me for having to ask, but what did Hubbard have surgically repaired?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Not performing up to your standard level of play is different than being Unable to play or participate though. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 02:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Excuse me for having to ask, but what did Hubbard have surgically repaired?

I don't think they've ever said what the surgery was for. 

Reply/Quote
Good God these guys are petty.

He was a full go at practice. He didn't need to be on the injury report. When are these guys going to get it?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
OMG, after last season Logan Wilson had to have surgery... look out... the sky is falling.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 02:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Excuse me for having to ask, but what did Hubbard have surgically repaired?

I believe he had a shoulder or pec injury.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote