Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I deleted the Bengals App from my smartphone.
I originally installed the Bengals App on my phone about ten years ago.  And I used it a lot for the first several years. I especially liked having the team roster open during games.  The past few years, I have used it less because I don’t like Geoff Hopson’s long winded style of writing. Plus, I don’t have the patience to watch an ad for a product that I am never going to buy, just to watch a video or to flip through a photo gallery.  I clicked on the app today and a window popped up asking permission to access some content on my phone, which I declined.  Then another window popped up asking permission to send me push notifications.  I declined that too, because I hate having my phone beeping about unimportant stuff.  Now the app won’t let me view the content, so I deleted it.  I guess I can just print out the team roster when I watch games.
Reply/Quote
If you really wanted to show the organization, and Hobson a thing or two, you could reinstall the app and then delete it again. Just to show that you REALLY mean it.. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 04:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you really wanted to show the organization, and Hobson a thing or two, you could reinstall the app and then delete it again.  Just to show that you REALLY mean it..   Mellow

That’s not fair.  I have installed and deleted their app one time in ten years. I am not trying to punish Geoff, I don’t think he had anything to do with it.   I just am expressing frustration about how they are pushing some of us away.  A lot of us used  to go to their website for this message board, until they ended it.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 05:13 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: That’s not fair.  I have installed and deleted their app one time in ten years. I am not trying to punish Geoff, I don’t think he had anything to do with it.   I just am expressing frustration about how they are pushing some of us away.  A lot of us used  to go to their website for this message board, until they ended it.

I was just joking, likely should have went with the ninja over the straight face, but I usually joke with a straight face.  Anyway, every single electronic app, board, or whatever that is free, is paid for by advertising.  Some of those same free apps also offer an ad-free version, for a subscription fee.  But if you're tired of Geoff's long winded leadups, you could always send him a letter or email.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 04:48 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I originally installed the Bengals App on my phone about ten years ago.  And I used it a lot for the first several years. I especially liked having the team roster open during games.  The past few years, I have used it less because I don’t like Geoff Hopson’s long winded style of writing. Plus, I don’t have the patience to watch an ad for a product that I am never going to buy, just to watch a video or to flip through a photo gallery.  I clicked on the app today and a window popped up asking permission to access some content on my phone, which I declined.  Then another window popped up asking permission to send me push notifications.  I declined that too, because I hate having my phone beeping about unimportant stuff.  Now the app won’t let me view the content, so I deleted it.  I guess I can just print out the team roster when I watch games.

Apps are notorious for abusing a users trust. They invade every corner of privacy. I have as few as possible installed and always delete them when rarely using. That’s good hygiene.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was just joking, likely should have went with the ninja over the straight face, but I usually joke with a straight face.  Anyway, every single electronic app, board, or whatever that is free, is paid for by advertising.  Some of those same free apps also offer an ad-free version, for a subscription fee.  But if you're tired of Geoff's long winded leadups, you could always send him a letter or email.

Your straight face is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I also have the app installed, but I rarely ever access it.
Most of the content on there anyway is shared on Twitter via @Bengals or @GeoffHobsonCin. News is communicated quickly from the various reporters.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
There's an app?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was just joking, likely should have went with the ninja over the straight face, but I usually joke with a straight face.  Anyway, every single electronic app, board, or whatever that is free, is paid for by advertising.  Some of those same free apps also offer an ad-free version, for a subscription fee.  But if you're tired of Geoff's long winded leadups, you could always send him a letter or email.

No, I’m not going to mess with Geoff.  I do kind of like Hobson’s Choice.  I remember a few years ago I prefaced a question by telling him what a great job he was doing and he answered my question on Hobson’s Choice.  And Geoff and I do have one thing in common, we both wish he was writing about Boston sports instead of the Bengals.

The new television deal is going to give the Bengals  1.5 gazillion dollars, so they don't need to be need to be pissing off their customers for a few nickles on their web site and apps.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I also have the app installed, but I rarely ever access it.
Most of the content on there anyway is shared on Twitter via @Bengals or @GeoffHobsonCin. News is communicated quickly from the various reporters.

Thanks, the Twitter suggestion is good.  I have had an account for a long time, but I rarely use it, but I can see how I could set up an interesting news feed.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 09:21 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The new television deal is going to give the Bengals  1.5 gazillion dollars, so they don't need to be need to be pissing off their customers for a few nickles on their web site and apps.

I don't think you are really a "customer" if you demand something free of charge.

Maybe they should offer and ad free version of the app for anyone who buys a ticket or a jersey or something like that.  Otherwise you can't really complain about something you get for free.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you are really a "customer" if you demand something free of charge.

Maybe they should offer and ad free version of the app for anyone who buys a ticket or a jersey or something like that.  Otherwise you can't really complain about something you get for free.

Obviously, you can.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you are really a "customer" if you demand something free of charge.

That makes no sense.  I am and have been a Bengals’ customer for decades.  I own official Bengals hats, jerseys, and shirts.  I buy tickets and attend Bengals games and watch lots of revenue generating ads that are run on their televised games.  My main argument is that their app could better be used to expand their fan/customer base. Instead, it pushed me away by demanding more access to the information on my phone. 
Reply/Quote

STDs?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote