Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
(05-18-2016, 09:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm glad a thread about recognizing a day to stand against discrimination has turned into an attack on those being discriminated against.

Well it's about abusive parents demanding their children receive hormone therapy and unethical doctors pushing the same on unsuspecting parents and children. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2016, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well it's about abusive parents demanding their children receive hormone therapy and unethical doctors pushing the same on unsuspecting parents and children. Mellow

i guess lucie thinks everyone doesnt bother with research, since he clearly doesnt
People suck
(05-18-2016, 09:33 AM)Griever Wrote: i guess lucie thinks everyone doesnt bother with research, since he clearly doesnt

I think you mean research beyond what will sustain confirmation bias. That's not to say Lucie is the only one around here that does it, everyone is guilty of it at some time or another. It's a skill that has to be learned and takes effort to practice to be able to willingly seek sources that will provide different viewpoints and to analyze them effectively.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2016, 09:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: You've made lots of accusations.  Please provide some proof that doctors are "pushing" for this treatment.

Everything else I thought to write concerning your opinion on this matter and the words you post would be a bannable offense.

There is links in the story to further information.  
(05-18-2016, 09:17 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm glad a thread about recognizing a day to stand against discrimination has turned into an attack on those being discriminated against.

Sorry that you get upset when anyone has a different opinion on these people than you do....   If you are one of these guys who thinks stopping puberty is a good thing. And then flooding them opposite sex hormones to transform then I am not sure what else to say ....   

Would you have preferred another thread on this topic? Or are still going to complain about using this wasted thread for something constructive.
(05-18-2016, 09:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think you mean research beyond what will sustain confirmation bias. That's not to say Lucie is the only one around here that does it, everyone is guilty of it at some time or another. It's a skill that has to be learned and takes effort to practice to be able to willingly seek sources that will provide different viewpoints and to analyze them effectively.

So you think it's ok to stop puberty?  
(05-18-2016, 10:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you think it's ok to stop puberty?  

That is a question that demands an answer with far more nuance than I am willing to get into on these boards. It's not a yes or no question and, quite frankly, it isn't worth my time to go into it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2016, 10:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is a question that demands an answer with far more nuance than I am willing to get into on these boards. It's not a yes or no question and, quite frankly, it isn't worth my time to go into it.

So it's not a safe thing to do ....  Gotcha 
(05-18-2016, 10:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is a question that demands an answer with far more nuance than I am willing to get into on these boards. It's not a yes or no question and, quite frankly, it isn't worth my time to go into it.

Everything is simply black and white when you're simple.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-18-2016, 10:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So it's not a safe thing to do ....  Gotcha 

thats not even what he said, but hey, that never stopped you before
People suck
(05-18-2016, 09:24 AM)Griever Wrote: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/06/02/what-the-media-should-know-about-walt-heyer-and/203855

IF, as you say, they have a mental illness, why are you citing someone with a mental illness as a credible source?

If only they could all be "normal human beings" or at least act like it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2016, 11:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If only they could all be "normal human beings" or at least act like it.

they are normal human beings

they go in, pee and leave

you are confusing them with republicans, church officials, and even family members (the ones that actually assault people)
People suck
The 24 hrs is up. Time to go hunting some LGBTTTQQIAA
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2016, 11:18 AM)Griever Wrote: they are normal human beings

you are confusing them with republicans, church officials, and even family members (the ones that actually assault people)

Nope, just confused you with someone that may have a point.

So the "normal human being" that you accused Lucie of not being is someone that goes in pees, and leaves?

Abnormal would be those that theaten:
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/16/watch-tur-threatens-to-send-shapiro-home-in-an-ambulance-during-jenner-discussion/

Wasn't it you that pictured the "tough guy" trans ans suggest that nobody better not tell her what restroom to use? Is he abnormal?

(05-18-2016, 11:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The 24 hrs is up. Time to go hunting some LGBTTTQQIAA

It's like a backwards purge.

(05-18-2016, 11:19 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The 24 hrs is up.  Time to go hunting some LGBTTTQQIAA

(05-18-2016, 11:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's like a backwards purge.

Nicely done.   Hahaha 
(05-18-2016, 11:18 AM)Griever Wrote: they are normal human beings

do they not pee?  
(05-18-2016, 11:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: do they not pee?  

everyone pee's and poops, i just listed people who have been caught assaulting and molesting, and who are more likely to do it
People suck
Until all the transgender posts get combined I wasn't sure which one to share this in:

Quote:Kasey Rose-Hodge[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/kasey.rosehodge/posts/1017151908334492]Yesterday at 10:27am
 · 

Dear creepy heterosexual men guarding our bathrooms,

My entire life, I've been told to fear you in one way or another. I've been told to cover my body as to not distract you in school, to cover my body to help avoid unwanted advances or comments, to cover my body as to not tempt you to sexually assault me, to reject your unwanted advances politely as to not anger you. I've been taught to never walk alone at night, to hold my keys in my fist while walking in parking lots, to check the backseat of my car, to not drink too much because you might take advantage of me. I've been told what I should and shouldn't do with my body as to not jeopardize my relationships with you.

I've been warned not to emasculate you, to let "boys be boys", to protect your fragile ego and to not tread on your even more fragile masculinity. I've been taught to keep my emotions in check, to let you be the unit of measure for how much emotion is appropriate and to adjust my emotions accordingly. I've been taught that you're allowed to categorize women into mothers/sisters/girlfriends/wives/daughters but any woman outside of your protected categories is fair game.

So to those of you who think you're being helpful by "protecting" me and my fellow women, you're like a shark sitting in the Lifeguard chair. I wasn't uncomfortable until you showed up at the pool and the only potential predator I see is you.

Your mothers, sisters, girlfriends, wives and daughters don't need you to walk them to the bathroom for safety. Your fathers, brothers, friends and sons need to walk themselves away from their own double standards. Women are sexually harassed and sexually assaulted on school campuses, on the street, at their jobs, on the Internet, in their own homes, in ANY public place. And it has been excused or ignored for so long because of what you and I are taught from the first years of our interactions with each other: You, as a male, are not accountable for your own actions. It's MY responsibility, as a female, to not "provoke" you. But then you get to Knight-In-Shining-Armor your way through life for those in your protected categories and I am expected to applaud you.

Why the outrage now over bathrooms? Why aren't you outraged every single day?

If you're telling me that there are high volumes of boys and men out there, in schools or in general, who are just waiting for a "loop hole" to sexually assault girls and women, we have bigger problems on our hands than bathrooms. The first problem would be your apparent lack of knowledge of how often it happens OUTSIDE of bathrooms, with no "loop holes" needed. This isn't about Transgender bathroom access. This is about you not trusting the boys and men in your communities and/or fearing that they're all secretly predators. Why do you have this fear? How many fathers have panicked when their daughters started dating because they "know how teenaged boys can be because they used to be one"? How many times have girls been warned "boys are only after one thing"? A mother can bring her young son into the women's restroom and that's fine but a father bringing his young daughter into the men's restroom is disturbing because men are assumed to be predators and "little girls" shouldn't be exposed to that.

So instead of picking up your sword and heading to Target or the girls' locker room to defend our "rights", why don't you start somewhere that could actually make a difference? Challenge your children's schools to end sexist dress codes and dress codes that sexualize girls as young as age 5. Advocate for proper (or any) sex education classes in all public schools by a certain grade level. Focus more on teaching your sons not to rape vs teaching your daughters how to avoid being raped. Stop asking "How would you feel if that was your mother or sister?" It shouldn't take the comparison to clue you in to what's right or wrong. Question why you're more worried about your daughter being around men than your son being around women in bathrooms and dressing rooms. Stop walking by Victoria's Secret with no problem but covering your son's eyes if a woman is breastfeeding in public. Stop treating your daughter's body as some fortress you're sworn to protect as if that's all she's got to offer the world.
https://www.facebook.com/kasey.rosehodge/posts/1017151908334492
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Until all the transgender posts get combined I wasn't sure which one to share this in:

https://www.facebook.com/kasey.rosehodge/posts/1017151908334492

Hard to take anything there serious considering Facebook silences conservative members and does not share posts to feeds.