Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Today Was Historic!!
A franchise that is 23 years old now has 6 playoff wins, one more than a franchise that is 50 years old!!
Reply/Quote
this organization does NOT want to win. If they did, all of this BS that has happened recently would not have happened!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 12:14 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: A franchise that is 23 years old now has 6 playoff wins, one more than a franchise that is 50 years old!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It means exactly nothing in the grand scheme of things other than a bunch of disappointed people. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember when we should have hired Tom Coughlin? oh well.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Yeah but they didn't have to play the Steelers and Ravens 4 times a year who have both been great to good for over 20 years.

5 Super bowl appearances, 4 Wins.

With perhaps another on the way. Whatever Sick

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:06 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah but they didn't have to play the Steelers and Ravens 4 times a year who have both been great to good for over 20 years.

5 Super bowl appearances, 4 Wins.

With perhaps another on the way. Whatever Sick

The Colts were just as dominant as the Steelers (I believe they have more wins) for 95% of the Jags' existence. Not to mention the Titans and Texans have had their good stretches. Not to mention the Jags shared a division with the Steelers and Ravens for a few of those playoff wins. Not to mention the Jags have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs (and spanked them this year).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Lol it just occurred to me that OP is probably talking about the Titans. Either way, everything I said about the Jags can go for the Titans as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Colts were just as dominant as the Steelers (I believe they have more wins) for 95% of the Jags' existence. Not to mention the Titans and Texans have had their good stretches. Not to mention the Jags shared a division with the Steelers and Ravens for a few of those playoff wins. Not to mention the Jags have beaten the Steelers in the playoffs (and spanked them this year).

The Colts and the AFC South have one SB win in the same time period. Plus those teams don't try to kill each other causing players to have severe "hangovers" or worse, miss multiple games with injuries thus affecting other games.

It's a friendlier rivalry. 

But yeah the jags have both our numbers it seems.

13-11 Stools

12-9 Us

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:24 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The Colts and the AFC South have one SB win in the same time period. Plus those teams don't try to kill each other causing players to have severe "hangovers" or worse, miss multiple games with injuries thus affecting other games.

It's a friendlier rivalry. 

But yeah the jags have both our numbers it seems.

13-11 Stools

12-9 Us

How do Superbowls keep us from winning a playoff game? We're not playing the Steelers and Ravens in the playoffs every time. 

Sure, having a dominant team in your division can hurt, but again, the Colts owned that division just as thoroughly as the Steelers own ours. More so, actually. Not sure what big hits have to do with anything. Big hits aren't keeping us from making the playoffs and they aren't why we're 0-7.

Tbh, we've only had a small handful of relevant injuries to star players in these rivalry games over the last 23 years. Probably not much more than any other division.
Reply/Quote