Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's MVPs?
In my mind, it has to be Jesse Bates III and Germaine Pratt. Despite the nice offensive display by Joe B. and company, it came down to two of our best defensive players coming together for a tackle/strip when the game was on the line.

Congrats to the entire Bengals team, but game balls to Bates and Pratt for coming through when it was needed most.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The new additions to the D stepped up and had massive games, and disrupted the Vikings offense for most of the game
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:58 PM)sloSTI Wrote: The new additions to the D stepped up and had massive games, and disrupted the Vikings offense for most of the game

Yes they did, but the duo who came through when the game was most in jeopardy was Bates and Pratt.  Game balls to those two.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Screw it. I'll be that guy. The FANS keyed in early. Damn fine showing when there was plenty of reasons to sit on their hands to begin.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes they did, but the duo who came through when the game was most in jeopardy was Bates and Pratt.  Game balls to those two.

I think Bates is going to play great this year in hopes of getting that big contact, which he should get
Reply/Quote
McPherson
Reply/Quote
McPherson. That 53 yarder was huge. His points are already showing gains for the team. You have Fat Randy and that FG would not have taken place, either he would have missed or it wouldnt have even been attempted.

That said overall I am excited about our D and specifically the D line. To hold Cook to under 100 yards is a good sign. Minn has a great offense and overall they help up well. If Waynes can get in there to replace Apple they would be even better.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:04 PM)Destro Wrote: Screw it. I'll be that guy.  The FANS keyed in early. Damn fine showing when there was plenty of reasons to sit on their hands to begin.

Fan presence means a lot, for any NFL team.  They don't call it "home field advantage" for nothing, but that should be a given rather than the exception.

(09-12-2021, 06:05 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I think Bates is going to play great this year in hopes of getting that big contact, which he should get

I think the Bengals made a major mistake by not giving him the huge extension this offseason, he's legit one of the top 5 Safeties in the NFL.  He just proved it again, today.

(09-12-2021, 06:12 PM)JumboTron Wrote: McPherson

Evan McPherson is everything the Bengals have wanted and needed in a kicker for many years.  I am proud that he's a Bengal.  Let's just hope that these were just the first of many clutch kicks when the team needs them.  

I honestly thought about him when creating this thread, but if it weren't for the clutch play from the duo of defenders in the OP, Evan might never have had that chance for that clutch kick..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think the Bengals made a major mistake by not giving him the huge extension this offseason, he's legit one of the top 5 Safeties in the NFL.  He just proved it again, today.

I'll admit I don't know the rules, but can they sign a payer after a season starts? or do they wait to see how this season plays out, and then sign him when the salary cap goes up?
Reply/Quote
Offense:

McPherson
Mixon
Chase

Defense:
Hilton
Hendrickson
Bates
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:28 PM)sloSTI Wrote: I'll admit I don't know the rules, but can they sign a payer after a season starts? or do they wait to see how this season plays out, and then sign him when the salary cap goes up?

As long as he feels he can stay healthy, he may be betting on himself. He increases his value in FA or the Bengals tag him for a hefty amount, as well. Barring injury, he can start shopping for that small island right now.
Reply/Quote
Offense - Mixon
Defense - Hill
Special Teams - McPherson
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In my mind, it has to be Jesse Bates III and Germaine Pratt.  Despite the nice offensive display by Joe B. and company, it came down to two of our best defensive players coming together for a tackle/strip when the game was on the line.

Congrats to the entire Bengals team, but game balls to Bates and Pratt for coming through when it was needed most.

I cant deny the truth in this. They made the play when it mattered most, and it wasnt just by accident or a fluke. It was a close call but from the replay it was a forced fumble, and the biggest reason we won. Vikes were in position to win the game right then, and that play stopped them bottom line. After that, the audible pass to Uzo was a thing of beauty. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:16 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I cant deny the truth in this. They made the play when it mattered most, and it wasnt just by accident or a fluke. It was a close call but from the replay it was a forced fumble, and the biggest reason we won. Vikes were in position to win the game right then, and that play stopped them bottom line. After that, the audible pass to Uzo was a thing of beauty. 

In literary terms, that would be referred to as the climax of the story.  Joe

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think Jamarr chase should be on this list
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think Jamarr chase should be on this list

Yes, Chase did his job as advertised.  However, I did not offer a list, but my opinion of who the game balls should go to for credit of this win..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Offense - Mixon
Defense - Hill
Special Teams - McPherson

it was the first walk off kick in McPherson's career

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Chase did his job as advertised.  However, I did not offer a list, but my opinion of who the game balls should go to for credit of this win..

I’m kidding
Reply/Quote
I picked Ogunjobi as my “breakout player” in bfine’s thread, and I loved what I saw from him today. I haven’t seen our IDL look that dominant since Geno was still wreaking havoc.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:49 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m obsessed.

FTFY

Reply/Quote