Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a nearly competition free career?
It's probably not the most popular career choice for young people, but there's a huge shortage of trained horticulturalists around the world today. 
If you can earn a degree in horticulture you'll have companies beating down your door to hire you and the shortage isn't limited to just the US. It's a global problem when the global population just keeps growing by leaps and bounds .. Part of the problem is that horticulture just doesn't pay nearly as good as it should . Another problem is how the public views such professions, as being staffed mostly by cheap immigrant labor and we generally don't make the distinction between trained horticulturalists and the people picking crops who are usually low paid immigrants. 
This will very likely lead to massive food shortages around the world and with it very high prices for food grown in the ground.. 
https://www.ishs.org/news/horticultural-science-crisis-what-needed-assure-its-future
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 12:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's probably not the most popular career choice for young people, but there's a huge shortage of trained horticulturalists around the world today. 
If you can earn a degree in horticulture you'll have companies beating down your door to hire you and the shortage isn't limited to just the US. It's a global problem when the global population just keeps growing by leaps and bounds .. Part of the problem is that horticulture just doesn't pay nearly as good as it should . Another problem is how the public views such professions, as being staffed mostly by cheap immigrant labor and we generally don't make the distinction between trained horticulturalists and the people picking crops who are usually low paid immigrants. 
This will very likely lead to massive food shortages around the world and with it very high prices for food grown in the ground.. 
https://www.ishs.org/news/horticultural-science-crisis-what-needed-assure-its-future

Damn. I was ready to sign up, but then realized a horticulturalist is NOT someone who studies hookers around the world. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 12:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Damn. I was ready to sign up, but then realized a horticulturalist is NOT someone who studies hookers around the world. Sad

Yeah ,a damned shame we don't have enough trained hookers in the workforce.. You just can't get a decent blow job in a dark alley for $2 anymore..

Actually I wish I could have read this article and others like it back when I was a young man. I might have avoided working at the crappy jobs I spent too many years doing.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 12:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah ,a damned shame we don't have enough trained hookers in the workforce.. You just can't get a decent blow job in a dark alley for $2 anymore..

With "culturalist" in the word, I figured that I would get to travel the great cities of the world comparing and contrasting a handy in each one...
Reply/Quote
The fastest growing business in this country is marijuana. It will be legal everywhere in 5-10 years.

Horties be in demand.
Reply/Quote
All joking aside I use to live on a 3.5 acre tract when I was married. My wife quit her job to raise out kids, but when they got into school we started looking for something she could do from home. We were planning on putting up a couple of green houses for her to grow flowers, herbs, and vegetables. They can be built relatively cheap to start out, and if you have a good market for the product you can make a lot of money.

I've always grown a garden nd enjoy messing with plants. One year I tried to grow giant pumpkins.
Reply/Quote
You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.
Reply/Quote