Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Today's game will need a big performance from...
The LBs. Wilson and Pratt will be needed to fill gaps and help stuff the run.

I heard this am on pregame that in the last 6 games, since the Bears installed a new blocking scheme, they are #2 in the NFL in rushing the ball.

I didn't take the time to research who those teams where, but Montgomery did get over 100 yards on just 16 carries last week against the Rams.

If the Bengals can slow down or even stop the rushing attack, they will win this game. If the Bears are able to establish a rushing attack and allow Dalton to play small-ball and keep away against the Bengals, it could be a long game.

C'mon, guys. This is your time. You have a much improved front 4 in front of you. Shoot those gaps and don't give him any room to move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bears also emphasize tight end play more than Minnesota did. The LBers will need to contain Kmet.
Reply/Quote
That’s why I’m a fan of our DT heavy roster. Stopping the run is the #1 priority. We need to jump out to an early lead and we can run away with this W
Reply/Quote
Today's game will need a big performance from...

You guessed it, Frank Stallone
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 11:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s why I’m a fan of our DT heavy roster. Stopping the run is the #1 priority. We need to jump out to an early lead and we can run away with this W

Yep, it is all synergy.  If the DTs can do their job, it makes the job easier for the LBs.  It worked week 1.  This is a tougher RB, but I don't think the line is any better.  Their tackles are very suspect (starters out injured) so if we can get Dalton in 3rd and long, it will be a long day for the Bears.

That is much easier said than done.  Need them to have the same energy as last week.  Bears will be fired up after a big loss week 1 to avoid an 0-2 start.  
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope da Bears go as penalty crazy as the Vikes did.

Cincy needs to play a clean game again too.

I'm not sure(haven't rewatched the game)if it was the LBs who in the last game were letting the ball carrier come to them? I understand they don't want to give up a big play but need to be a little more aggressive stopping the conversion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Agree completely. The Bears have a great run game and Montgomery looked very good last week. He looked very shifty and what I noticed most is he broke any weak tackles. Tackling will be KEY. That may be an obvious statement but will apparent when facing Montgomery. Andy Dalton will not beat this team, but their rashing attack could keep the points low and make it a tight one.
Reply/Quote
Our D-line is going to have a huge game getting to the passer if we can get out to a lead. And if their NT Goldman is not playing, it makes taking care of their ends that much easier. Jonah and Riley need to have big games.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton came into Cinci last season and had a 122 QB rating while Dallas dominated us. I dont care how we do it, but its our turn to go into his home field and get the win. We will definitely have to stop the run today, and who knows how much we will see Justin Fields. Whatever it takes, lets get this W. Whodey
Reply/Quote
I just hope the FIELDS are not all over the APPLE, if you get my drift. That kid can throw.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 11:27 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's just hope da Bears go as penalty crazy as the Vikes did.

Cincy needs to play a clean game again too.

I'm not sure(haven't rewatched the game)if it was the LBs who in the last game were letting the ball carrier come to them?  I understand they don't want to give up a big play but need to be a little more aggressive stopping the conversion.

They SHOULDN'T have the crowd noise when they are on offense, but if Dalton stumbles early, the fans will be booing loudly and chanting for Fields.  As bad as I would feel for Dalton as a guy, that could bode well for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
I think THE KEY is The Bengals Offensive Line again. They were good last week, but they need to be good every week, not just one game. The sacks on Burrow were due to missed blocks by the RBs and Sample blew a block from TE that was the one Burrow came up limping. There was also a weird Zac Taylor fake hand-off pass that had no blockers, and Vikings didn't bite and just blew in with no blockers. The O Line didn't give up and sacks and made it possible for Mixon to gain 100 yards and get a TD, and for Burrow to move the ball enough times to get the WIN.

If The Bengals O Line BLOCKS, I do not see Bears winning. Yes, they have Montgomery and that is all they have. They are a one trick pony. Their passing game is lousy and I'm not impressed by either of their QBs. However if Burrow has to leave the game, I'm not impressed with Bengals back-up QB. So again right back to Bengals O Line has to protect Burrow and get Mixon some yards. I think Vikings are way better than Bears, and Bengals win this one IF the O Line BLOCKS again this week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I would typically say our defense & stopping the run, but this week I'm going with our WR room. Just don't see the Bears secondary containing our bunch. Of course that ties into Joe B's performance and the O-line playing as well as they did last week. If it would somehow turn into a shoot out I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 12:45 PM)kevin Wrote: I think THE KEY is The Bengals Offensive Line again.  They were good last week, but they need to be good every week, not just one game.  The sacks on Burrow were due to missed blocks by the RBs and Sample blew a block from TE that was the one Burrow came up limping. There was also a weird Zac Taylor  fake hand-off pass that had no blockers, and Vikings didn't bite and just blew in with no blockers.  The O Line didn't give up and sacks and made it possible for Mixon to gain 100 yards and get a TD, and for Burrow to move the ball enough times to get the WIN.

If The Bengals O Line BLOCKS, I do not see Bears winning.  Yes, they have Montgomery and that is all they have.  They are a one trick pony.  Their passing game is lousy and I'm not impressed by either of their QBs.  However if Burrow has to leave the game, I'm not impressed with Bengals back-up QB.  So again right back to Bengals O Line has to protect Burrow and get Mixon some yards. I think Vikings are way better than Bears, and Bengals win this one IF the O Line BLOCKS again this week.

It is definitely a key, but I still see stopping the run as the most important.  Here's why:

If the Bears ground game is effective and moving the ball, they could get an early lead while eating clock.  That puts the Bengals in a throw mode, which plays in to their pass rush.  If the Bengals can slow down their rush attack, they will be able to stay balanced on offense and protect Joe.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 12:45 PM)kevin Wrote: I think THE KEY is The Bengals Offensive Line again.  They were good last week, but they need to be good every week, not just one game.  The sacks on Burrow were due to missed blocks by the RBs and Sample blew a block from TE that was the one Burrow came up limping. There was also a weird Zac Taylor  fake hand-off pass that had no blockers, and Vikings didn't bite and just blew in with no blockers.  The O Line didn't give up and sacks and made it possible for Mixon to gain 100 yards and get a TD, and for Burrow to move the ball enough times to get the WIN.

If The Bengals O Line BLOCKS, I do not see Bears winning.  Yes, they have Montgomery and that is all they have.  They are a one trick pony.  Their passing game is lousy and I'm not impressed by either of their QBs.  However if Burrow has to leave the game, I'm not impressed with Bengals back-up QB.  So again right back to Bengals O Line has to protect Burrow and get Mixon some yards. I think Vikings are way better than Bears, and Bengals win this one IF the O Line BLOCKS again this week.

Trey Hopkins gave up 2 but the rest of the Oline played well. You're right, missed assignments by other guys caused the rest. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote