Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel bad for Evan McPherson
No matter how well he kicks, as long as Justin Tucker is doing what he does so well, he will not only always be #2 in the NFL, but the AFC as well. Shoot he won't even be the best in his own division. He will never get his due until Tucker retires or falls off the cliff accuracy-wise. It will be another Andrew Whitworth situation where he never got the recognition he deserved because Joe Thomas played in the same division. I mean we will know how good he is but Pro Bowls and All Pro designations mean money in their pockets

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It's OK, he's young and his 1st year in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
He just has to win our hearts, and he already has.

Wub
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:15 PM)pally Wrote: No matter how well he kicks, as long as Justin Tucker is doing what he does so well, he will not only always be #2 in the NFL, but the AFC as well.  Shoot he won't even be the best in his own division.  He will never get his due until Tucker retires or falls off the cliff accuracy-wise.  It will be another Andrew Whitworth situation where he never got the recognition he deserved because Joe Thomas played in the same division.  I mean we will know how good he is but Pro Bowls and All Pro designations mean money in their pockets

Tucker has been in the league 10 years. When he retires, even if it's not for 5 more years, Evan will just step right in and get his decade of accolades. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tucker has been in the league 10 years. When he retires, even if it's not for 5 more years, Evan will just step right in and get his decade of accolades. 

He's got another 15 years if he plays as long as Adam Vinatieri

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:27 PM)pally Wrote: He's got another 15 years if he plays as long as Adam Vinatieri

Ugh...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:15 PM)pally Wrote: No matter how well he kicks, as long as Justin Tucker is doing what he does so well, he will not only always be #2 in the NFL, but the AFC as well.  Shoot he won't even be the best in his own division.  He will never get his due until Tucker retires or falls off the cliff accuracy-wise.  It will be another Andrew Whitworth situation where he never got the recognition he deserved because Joe Thomas played in the same division.  I mean we will know how good he is but Pro Bowls and All Pro designations mean money in their pockets

He's gonna be around a hell of a lot longer than Tucker... 
Reply/Quote
Idk even being in the conversation as possibly the 2nd best in the entire league at your position as a rookie is pretty damn good.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ugh...

I didn't see this till after I posted.  Now I'm sad too
.. I hate Tucker..
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk even being in the conversation as possibly the 2nd best in the entire league at your position as a rookie is pretty damn good.

I guess we are finally starting to expect that absolute best here.. Beats hoping for avg..  lol
Reply/Quote
No shame in being 2nd to Tucker

Especially for a rookie.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I watched one of McP's kickoffs today and thought: He could damned near kick a FG from that range. The ball didn't really hit the high peak till it was well over half way from foot to ground. Jeeez..If the guy could also punt he'd do more than flip field positions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him punt from goal line to the opposite goal line (with a few lucky bounces) ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Look, Bengals just Swept Steelers in 2021 today.  I'd rather enjoy that, than hear about this Tucker.  Plus Bengals beat Ravens.  Plus McPherson is getting a ton of recognition by National Media for his kicking.   I promise you McPherson is not feeling bad after Sweeping The Steelers, so why should You or Me feel Bad ?  Save feeling Bad for another day.  Bengals just SWEPT STEELERS in 2021 today.  If we can't be Happy today, we will Never be happy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Look, Bengals just Swept Steelers in 2021 today.  I'd rather enjoy that, than hear about this Tucker.  Plus Bengals beat Ravens.  Plus McPherson is getting a ton of recognition by National Media for his kicking.   I promise you McPherson is not feeling bad after Sweeping The Steelers, so why should You or Me feel Bad ?  Save feeling Bad for another day.  Bengals just SWEPT STEELERS in 2021 today.  If we can't be Happy today, we will Never be happy. 

I am happy...this is just one of those weird thoughts that come to mind when watching a bad football game

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1447294698238906374

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447296196377288711
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote