Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Bowles for DC, Mike Munchak for OC
Either way we need to figure out a way to get Munchak here to help the Oline. Steelers aren't going to let him make a lateral move (and may not let him come over as our OC). If we get an offense minded HC, we could use a OC in name only who can double as the Oline coach. Or at least assist the Oline.

I also think we should be open to college coaches if you want to do this right (we may only get one shot for the next 15 years). Great DL's at Clemson. Great LB's at Bama. Great Olines at Stanford, Great RB's at Stanford/Georgia, Great DB's at Florida state. etc.

I don't mind who we end up with, but if we only changing coaches every 2 decades or so, I hope they look everywhere and extend a wide net.

My dream coaching staff (and yea it's a dream scenario)

HC - Matt Lafleur

OC - Mike Munchak
OLC - Joe Rudolph
QBC - Lazor
WRC - Urban
RBC - Curtis Modkins
TEC - Rob Chud

DC - Todd Bowles
DLC - Patrick Graham
LBC - Rex Ryan
DBC - Vance Joseph
DBC - Coyle

Some of these coaches I'm assuming will be let go after the season....

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Gimme Dabo Swinney. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Either way we need to figure out a way to get Munchak here to help the Oline. Steelers aren't going to let him make a lateral move (and may not let him come over as our OC). If we get an offense minded HC, we could use a OC in name only who can double as the Oline coach. Or at least assist the Oline.

I also think we should be open to college coaches if you want to do this right (we may only get one shot for the next 15 years). Great DL's at Clemson. Great LB's at Bama. Great Olines at Stanford, Great RB's at Stanford/Georgia, Great DB's at Florida state. etc.

I don't mind who we end up with, but if we only changing coaches every 2 decades or so, I hope they look everywhere and extend a wide net.

HC - Matt Lafleur

OC - Mike Munchak
OLC - Joe Rudolph
QBC - Lazor
WRC - Urban
RBC - Curtis Modkins
TEC - Rob Chud

DC - Todd Bowles
DLC - Patrick Graham
LBC - Rex Ryan
DBC - Vance Joseph
DBC - Coyle

Thoughts?

That's a pretty good list, tbh.  I REALLY love Bowles as our DC.  What I like about him, he seems to able to run a 3-4 or 4-3, depending on personnel.  That would be a GREAT hire IMO.

Reply/Quote
Yeah...I doubt Rex Ryan comes here to be our Linebackers Coach.

We can do wish lists...but I doubt we get many top candidates.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Either way we need to figure out a way to get Munchak here to help the Oline. Steelers aren't going to let him make a lateral move (and may not let him come over as our OC). If we get an offense minded HC, we could use a OC in name only who can double as the Oline coach. Or at least assist the Oline.

HC - Matt Lafleur

OC - Mike Munchak
OLC - Joe Rudolph
QBC - Lazor
WRC - Urban
RBC - Curtis Modkins
TEC - Rob Chud

DC - Todd Bowles
DLC - Patrick Graham
LBC - Rex Ryan
DBC - Vance Joseph
DBC - Coyle

Thoughts?

How effective will Munchak be if he moves to a team where the refs will actually call holding on the olinemen?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Doubling duties - especially OC and position group - sounds pretty far fetched. I think i'd want the OC to be fully focused on setting direction for the entire offense vs just the o-line. Plus, I don't even think he has any offensive play calling experience, does he?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Doubling duties - especially OC and position group - sounds pretty far fetched. I think i'd want the OC to be fully focused on setting direction for the entire offense vs just the o-line. Plus, I don't even think he has any offensive play calling experience, does he?

Well, he was HC in Tennessee for a couple seasons.....

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, he was HC in Tennessee for a couple seasons.....

Yeah, I remember that, but didn't know if had any input or called any offensive gameplans during that or before that stint as a HC? 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:44 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yeah, I remember that, but didn't know if had any input or called any offensive gameplans during that or before that stint as a HC? 

Probably not.....but I think j22 was hinting at Muchack being brought in to essentially right the ship on the line under an offensive HC that may call his own plays.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a pretty good list, tbh.  I REALLY love Bowles as our DC.  What I like about him, he seems to able to run a 3-4 or 4-3, depending on personnel.  That would be a GREAT hire IMO.

Is bowles getting fired?  Doubt he want to move from HC to DC
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...I doubt Rex Ryan comes here to be our Linebackers Coach.

We can do wish lists...but I doubt we get many top candidates.

Probably not. But if Rex wants back in coaching he has to start somewhere. If Marvin sticks around to help with the transition, maybe he can pull some strings.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:41 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Doubling duties - especially OC and position group - sounds pretty far fetched. I think i'd want the OC to be fully focused on setting direction for the entire offense vs just the o-line. Plus, I don't even think he has any offensive play calling experience, does he?

Offensive minded head coach will likely want to call plays. I don't really agree with this. But it is the new wave. So in that case the OC can do a little more.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is bowles getting fired?  Doubt he want to move from HC to DC

The NY media seems to think he'll be back with the Jets.  He'd be a great hire if available.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 12:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Probably not.....but I think j22 was hinting at Muchack being brought in to essentially right the ship on the line under an offensive HC that may call his own plays.

So we want the HC to double down responsibilities? Just doesn't seem like the most sustainable approach. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 01:26 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So we want the HC to double down responsibilities? Just doesn't seem like the most sustainable approach. 

There are a few that do/have done it.  Some work, some don't.  At this point, we're just spitballing, but as jj noted, I don't think the Stoolers allow him to make a lateral move in the AFCN, of all places, with the Bengals.  It's a scenario that I could get on board with, although I doubt it happens....make that I KNOW it won't happen.  That said, Alexander is a turd, a guy like Munchak would be invaluable on this staff with the way our line plays, however you would have to work it to get him here. 

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 01:26 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So we want the HC to double down responsibilities? Just doesn't seem like the most sustainable approach. 

Plus scout...
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 01:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Plus scout...

Parade shitter-on-er. LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 01:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: There are a few that do/have done it.  Some work, some don't.  At this point, we're just spitballing, but as jj noted, I don't think the Stoolers allow him to make a lateral move in the AFCN, of all places, with the Bengals.  It's a scenario that I could get on board with, although I doubt it happens....make that I KNOW it won't happen.  That said, Alexander is a turd, a guy like Munchak would be invaluable on this staff with the way our line plays, however you would have to work it to get him here. 

Yeah, I know Andy Reid does it but the OC still puts the gameplan together. I don’t know how much knowledge he has with this. Not saying it can’t work, just seems like there’s better options out there
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 02:09 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yeah, I know Andy Reid does it but the OC still puts the gameplan together. I don’t know how much knowledge he has with this. Not saying it can’t work, just seems like there’s better options out there

I agree but the HC's of Green bay, Dolphin, Rams, Cardinals, Browns, Cowboys, Texans, Saints, Eagles, San Fran, and Washington all pull double duty. 90% of Offensive minded head coaches are pulling double duty now. It's just a new age. I agree tho, I always thought it best the HC focuses on being a HC.

It's much more prevalent than Defensive minded HC's maintaining Defensive play calling.

Reply/Quote

HC - Matt Lafleur

OC - Mike Munchak
OLC - Joe Rudolph
QBC - Lazor
WRC - Urban
RBC - Curtis Modkins
TEC - Rob Chud

DC - Todd Bowles
DLC - Patrick Graham
LBC - Rex Ryan
DBC - Vance Joseph
DBC - Coyle

Thoughts?

Great list, very well thought out reps. Sure have a lot of well known names there though and a few like Munchak and Bowles
specifically seem to be very far fetched. Munchak cause he is in the Division and Bowles cause he is probably going to be back
in New York with the Jets but really like Lafleur as the HC and Rudolph as the OLC...

Not sure if Munchak would be a good playcaller either. Guess i will do a dream scenario with some of your guys...

HC - Bill O'Brien
OC - Lazor (might be decent with a good O-line and he hasn't had the Marv stink long)
OLC - Joe Rudolph
WRC - Guess i would bring back Urban but have not been impressed with him this year.
RBC - Your guy sounds good to me.
TEC - same

DC - Rex Ryan (don't like the guy much but he should be much better than Paulie G working with these players)
DLC - Burney (will give him a pass, atleast the pass rush is good)
LBC - Takeo Spikes (give the guy a shot)
DBC - I like Vance here, let Coyle go somewhere else after this year.
Reply/Quote