Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Bowles for DC, Mike Munchak for OC
(12-22-2017, 12:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Either way we need to figure out a way to get Munchak here to help the Oline. Steelers aren't going to let him make a lateral move (and may not let him come over as our OC). If we get an offense minded HC, we could use a OC in name only who can double as the Oline coach. Or at least assist the Oline.

I also think we should be open to college coaches if you want to do this right (we may only get one shot for the next 15 years). Great DL's at Clemson. Great LB's at Bama. Great Olines at Stanford, Great RB's at Stanford/Georgia, Great DB's at Florida state. etc.

I don't mind who we end up with, but if we only changing coaches every 2 decades or so, I hope they look everywhere and extend a wide net.

My dream coaching staff (and yea it's a dream scenario)

HC - Matt Lafleur

OC - Mike Munchak
OLC - Joe Rudolph
QBC - Lazor
WRC - Urban
RBC - Curtis Modkins
TEC - Rob Chud

DC - Todd Bowles
DLC - Patrick Graham
LBC - Rex Ryan
DBC - Vance Joseph
DBC - Coyle

Some of these coaches I'm assuming will be let go after the season....

Thoughts?

Mikey boy ain't going to pay those salaries in a billion years.
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of bringing anyone in from the Steelers the last guys heart was not in it since he played against us as rivals for so long. I think this will carry over to coaches as well don't bring people from the state of Penn. either. I know each guy will react differently but look at Marvin record against the Steelers it didn't seem like his heart was into beating a team he grew up cheering for.
Reply/Quote
If Vance Joseph gets fired and he comes back here, it won't be as DB coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 03:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great list, very well thought out reps. Sure have a lot of well known names there though and a few like Munchak and Bowles
specifically seem to be very far fetched. Munchak cause he is in the Division and Bowles cause he is probably going to be back
in New York with the Jets but really like Lafleur as the HC and Rudolph as the OLC...

Not sure if Munchak would be a good playcaller either. Guess i will do a dream scenario with some of your guys...

HC - Bill O'Brien
OC - Lazor (might be decent with a good O-line and he hasn't had the Marv stink long)
OLC - Joe Rudolph
WRC - Guess i would bring back Urban but have not been impressed with him this year.
RBC - Your guy sounds good to me.
TEC - same

DC - Rex Ryan (don't like the guy much but he should be much better than Paulie G working with these players)
DLC - Burney (will give him a pass, atleast the pass rush is good)
LBC - Takeo Spikes (give the guy a shot)
DBC - I like Vance here, let Coyle go somewhere else after this year.

Urban has had a bad run with this new group of wideouts we have. But he did good developing Sanu/Jones. Not sure what is going on with our wr not developing the last two years. He doesn't have to stay in my book. But I used to think he was good. But your right, it's been a rough two years of development.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 04:26 PM)McC Wrote: If Vance Joseph gets fired and he comes back here, it won't be as DB coach.

Outside of another HC position (Here I guess would be an option, but not in my dream scenario) he really doesn't have much experience outside of coaching DB's. He wasn't that good as a DC, so I doubt he gets a DC position.

A lot of "big names" on my list. But if we go with a young up and coming coach (like in this case), we need some assistant coaches with experience. Maybe even head coaching experience. Certainly on the Defense so the New HC can focus on the Offense (rather he is calling plays or not).

And I think we can get college coaches with good track records for cheap. Florida State DB Coach is always developing elite defensive backs. Will that translate to being able to coach in the league?

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 04:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Outside of another HC position (Here I guess would be an option, but not in my dream scenario) he really doesn't have much experience outside of coaching DB's. He wasn't that good as a DC, so I doubt he gets a DC position.

A lot of "big names" on my list. But if we go with a young up and coming coach (like in this case), we need some assistant coaches with experience. Maybe even head coaching experience. Certainly on the Defense so the New HC can focus on the Offense (rather he is calling plays or not).

And I think we can get college coaches with good track records for cheap. Florida State DB Coach is always developing elite defensive backs. Will that translate to being able to coach in the league?

If Denver fires him, he might be the front runner for the HC job here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 04:21 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not a big fan of bringing anyone in from the Steelers the last guys heart was not in it since he played against us as rivals for so long. I think this will carry over to coaches as well don't bring people from the state of Penn. either. I know each guy will react differently but look at Marvin record against the Steelers it didn't seem like his heart was into beating a team he grew up cheering for.

Is Munchak from Pennsylvania?

Marv was and was a Steelers fan, might be a bit different.

I know Munchak coached on the Titans and did well before going to Pitt.

(12-22-2017, 04:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Urban has had a bad run with this new group of wideouts we have. But he did good developing Sanu/Jones. Not sure what is going on with our wr not developing the last two years. He doesn't have to stay in my book. But I used to think he was good. But your right, it's been a rough two years of development.

Always liked Urban myself until this year honestly. Thought Core and Malone would be much better than they are.

Especially Core.

With Ross he was injured and black balled by Marv so cannot hold that against him right now.
Reply/Quote
Not reading any posts or even the OP, just stopped by to say, **** Mike Munchak.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: If Denver fires him, he might be the front runner for the HC job here.

I'm sending all my positive vibes out into the atmosphere for an Offensive minded HC hire. Even if it is a rerun (Hue, Gruden).

Reply/Quote