Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Frazier, Only Red To Win Home Run Derby In Cincinnati Ball Park
This has never happened before and good chance it never happens again. First, you have to have the All-Star Game in Cincinnati. In Reds close to 150 years of baseball history, Reds have only had 5 All-Star Games....Second, there has to be a home run derby, and unless 1988 had one, this may have been Reds first home run derby in Cincinnati.....third, a Red has to win the thing. Now the Reds probably won't have another All-Star Game until around 2045 if all the other teams get one. .....So, what we saw last night has never happened before, and will probably never happen again. That my friends is instant history.

So Todd Frazier with the Cincinnati fans roaring for him just in the HR Derby. The roars built as he amazingly beat all the homers hit by Prince Fielder. In the Championship round again it looked like the Dodgers young player put up an unreachable number as Frazier started slow. Then Frazier got hot and the Cincinnati crowd went wild as Frazier caught up, tied and then won. Great American Ball Park was in celebration the likes of Pete Rose getting the hit to push him ahead of Ty Cobb in Riverfront 30 years ago. The trophy awarded to Frazier in on field ceremony in front of the Cincinnati filled crowd dancing in celebration into the dark of the July night as the smokestacks shot off fireworks.

So I now add that any talk of trading Todd Frazier in a scraping of the team move must now stop, because if the Reds front office would trade him days after this, the Reds ticket buying fan base would turn against the Reds in a huge way. If the Reds want to put rear ends in the stands and money in the cash register, they DO NOT trade this player days after such amazing Reds history that we have never seen before, and will probably never see again. So happy for Frazier, so happy for Reds fans who have had darn little to cheer about in 2015.

( I understand there is a thread for the Home Run Derby that it seems people posted on as it happened. This is not just a Home Run Derby Thread. This is an after the derby TODD FRAZIER thread, pointing out that what he did has never happened in Cincinnati before, and don't look for it to happen ever again. You saw a one time only piece of history )
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
How many times has the Home Town Batter won a home run derby in general..

I mean not every team even gets a batter in the HRD to begin with.
Reply/Quote
The '88 HR Derby in Cincy was cancelled due to rain.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Its only happened once before. Sandberg in Chicago.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 11:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Its only happened once before.  Sandberg in Chicago.

Must have been rigged.  As Sandberg was no super power..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool for Frazier.. and Reds fans in general .. Would be extraordinary if they managed to pull off a wc birth and go on to win the ws with TF as the ws mvp, but frankly folks, I'm not going to gamble any body parts of mine on that possibility . Feel free to begin gambling your legs, arms or sexual organs if you so choose. I won't hold you back.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 11:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Must have been rigged.  As Sandberg was no super power..

I heard he win it with 3 HRs I think. Must have been when you only got 10 swings.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Loved going to the AS game! It was a blast. Got my Todd-Father jersey signed by him, so i am grateful for that.

Side note: that Joc Peterson guy has some serious pop to his bat. Holy crap I think he had one like 475 feet, and several other that was over 450. Crazy
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I have not watched the HR drby in years. I have alwasy thought it was boring. And I didn't watch it live this year either. But they re-played it tonight and there was nothing else on so i watched it.

It was awesome, and not just because Frazier won. Adding a clock was genius. It changed the whole contest. It was VERY exciting.
Reply/Quote