Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Todd Haley Fired
So, I made a joke when those yinzer manginas lost to Jacksonville that went something like this...

"Who are they gonna blame now, Todd Haley's pelvis?"

Well, it looks like that's EXACTLY what they're doing with his firing.

Also, Ben Roethisberger is a rapist. Infowars.com.
Reply/Quote
lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 01:50 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Also, Ben Roethisberger is a rapist.

*brad enters discussion*

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 02:09 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: *brad enters discussion*

I wasn't even going to comment on him being a rapist and was going to further comment on how stupid it is for Ben to say he's not allowed to audible!  

So you're telling me that, if there's 8 defenders in the box, no safety, and the corners are playing tight, you're not allowed to audible to a streak to Antonio Brown?!  

That example is actually less stupid than Ben saying that he couldn't audible to a QB sneak!  What are they going to do when he scores?  Bench him?  What are they going to do if he gets stopped?  Bench him?!

Especially since the Patriots bunched the line to stop a QB dive, but stood up and didn't even move, so when Ben was standing in the pocket waiting to throw, he could have taken a step to his right and dove for the first (or likely ran it in for a touchdown), or stood up at the snap and done that from the start!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 02:09 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: *brad enters discussion*

Funny, but no way he actually...

(01-19-2018, 03:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wasn't even going to comment on him being a rapist and was going to further comment on how stupid it is for Ben to say he's not allowed to audible!  

So you're telling me that, if there's 8 defenders in the box, no safety, and the corners are playing tight, you're not allowed to audible to a streak to Antonio Brown?!  

That example is actually less stupid than Ben saying that he couldn't audible to a QB sneak!  What are they going to do when he scores?  Bench him?  What are they going to do if he gets stopped?  Bench him?!

Especially since the Patriots bunched the line to stop a QB dive, but stood up and didn't even move, so when Ben was standing in the pocket waiting to throw, he could have taken a step to his right and dove for the first (or likely ran it in for a touchdown), or stood up at the snap and done that from the start!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they'll promote Munchak, with his fighting spirit? Hell, he's already got that hair pulling thing down..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 05:53 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Funny, but no way he actually...

On a more serious note, what are you counting? Your name's suggests you also see dead people as nothing to count.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This like a Bengals's move. The offense puts up 42 points against one of the top defenses in the NFL and the defense gives up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL. So, it was only logical fire the OC. Smirk

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This like a Bengals's move. The offense puts up 42 points against one of the top defenses in the NFL and the defense gives up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL. So, it was only logical fire the OC.  Smirk

Good point. LOL

But there was more going on here behind the scenes than meets the eye.  The party line was that Ben and Haley were getting along, but apparently that was not the case. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Good point. LOL

But there was more going on here behind the scenes than meets the eye.  The party line was that Ben and Haley were getting along, but apparently that was not the case. 

Who cares if the results are great? We all work with people we don't like. If I were a Steeler's fan I would want Tomlin's or Butler's head at a minimum? This seriously looked like just like an inept Bengals FO move of the past. The new OC has some big results to match or exceed. If not, he looks like a bad hire and replacement.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares if the results are great? We all work with people we don't like. If I were a Steeler's fan I would want Tomlin's or Butler's head at a minimum? This seriously looked like just like an inept Bengals FO move of the past. The new OC has some big results to match or exceed. If not, he looks like a bad hire and replacement.

Well, you also have the occasional mystifying play call in crucial situations, which was starting to get chronic.  And as good as their offensive ranking was, one could argue it should have been even better.  Perennial top ten is great but with that talent, maybe they should’ve been leading the league.  

At the end of the day, neither of us is there on a day to day basis, so we don’t really know what went into the decision.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, you also have the occasional mystifying play call in crucial situations, which was starting to get chronic.  And as good as their offensive ranking was, one could argue it should have been even better.  Perennial top ten is great but with that talent, maybe they should’ve been leading the league.  

At the end of the day, neither of us is there on a day to day basis, so we don’t really know what went into the decision.  

And I heard yesterday that the Steelers never got in the top 10 of red zone success.  Something along those lines.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 01:50 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So, I made a joke when those yinzer manginas lost to Jacksonville that went something like this...

"Who are they gonna blame now, Todd Haley's pelvis?"

Well, it looks like that's EXACTLY what they're doing with his firing.

Also, Ben Roethisberger is a rapist. Infowars.com.

He got fired? I think they didn't renew his contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He got fired? I think they didn't renew his contract.

I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Luvinit hit the nail on the head about firing the OC after that offensive performance.

From what I understand, it's Tomlin that doesn't want him to QB sneak the ball, which, if he's 18 of 19 makes absolutely no sense, but I don't watch them play except for, but not always, when they play the Bengals, but I have seen him audible plenty of times, motioning to his receivers and such.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This like a Bengals's move. The offense puts up 42 points against one of the top defenses in the NFL and the defense gives up 38 points to one of the worst offenses in the NFL. So, it was only logical fire the OC.  Smirk

This!  Plus, to educate the Steelers fans here, the problem with the Bengals is the owner Mike Brown.  He just does not have the football mind his father had, and is more concerned about being 'liked' than winning.

When he fired Zampese (OC), after 2 games into the season, it was the FIRST time a coach has been fired after the season started and before the season ended in his 26 years as owner!!

I don't care who is the HC and what kind of players they have Steelers fans, as long as he is the owner, Steelers have nothing to worry about from them!!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares if the results are great? We all work with people we don't like. If I were a Steeler's fan I would want Tomlin's or Butler's head at a minimum? This seriously looked like just like an inept Bengals FO move of the past. The new OC has some big results to match or exceed. If not, he looks like a bad hire and replacement.
And we don't get paid millions of dollars to do it. 

Tomlin's gone and I don't know how they haven't fired him already.  Maybe they're making sure they can find an adequate replacement or maybe they just don't want to make it seem like they're making a rash decision.  Maybe they don't want to make it seem like they're just doing it to cave to the fans.
(01-19-2018, 01:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This!  Plus, to educate the Steelers fans here, the problem with the Bengals is the owner Mike Brown.  He just does not have the football mind his father had, and is more concerned about being 'liked' than winning.

When he fired Zampese (OC), after 2 games into the season, it was the FIRST time a coach has been fired after the season started and before the season ended in his 26 years as owner!!

I don't care who is the HC and what kind of players they have Steelers fans, as long as he is the owner, Steelers have nothing to worry about from them!!

Him thinking that he has the football mind of his old man is what gave us a decade and a half to two decades of stupid decisions, and I don't think he gives a rat's ass about being liked because he has shit on the city multiple times, like with making us pay for the stadium, and I think he's more concerned about money than winning, which he doesn't understand that winning brings money. You need to spend money to make money.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 11:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, you also have the occasional mystifying play call in crucial situations, which was starting to get chronic.  And as good as their offensive ranking was, one could argue it should have been even better.  Perennial top ten is great but with that talent, maybe they should’ve been leading the league.  

Jacksonville had a higher points per game average than us this year. Belichick wouldn't have a game under 40 with our offense.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Tomlin's gone and I don't know how they haven't fired him already..

Don't get me started on Tomlin. With one of the most talented teams on paper and he can't seem to win when it counts pisses me off more than anything. Pittsburgh has more talent on the field than New England but the Patriots have a much smarter coach and that's the difference. Tomlin can't seem to beat the teams he's supposed to. The Steelers win in spite of Tomlin. He's the biggest joke in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:28 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Don't get me started on Tomlin. With one of the most talented teams on paper and he can't seem to win when it counts pisses me off more than anything. Pittsburgh has more talent on the field than New England but the Patriots have a much smarter coach and that's the difference. Tomlin can't seem to beat the teams he's supposed to. The Steelers win in spite of Tomlin. He's the biggest joke in the playoffs. 

But why is he 'off limits' for media criticism like Colin Cowherd has stated CO?  it's not because he's black because the media beats Marvin Lewis to death, which, to tell the truth, isn't his fault that Mike Brown continues to keep him on.
Reply/Quote