Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Todd Haley Fired
(01-23-2018, 06:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm done bantering with Bengal Yankee. Too much like talking with a hard headed teenager!

I agree, that's why I hardly responded to him. I would like to talk to him but he's so far up Brady's butt, he'll never see the truth, only his skewed views.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:37 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree, that's why I hardly responded to him. I would like to talk to him but he's so far up Brady's butt, he'll never see the truth, only his skewed views.

You think that's bad?  Watch this: 

Super Bowls are better than pre-merger championships.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You think that's bad?  Watch this: 

Super Bowls are better than pre-merger championships.  

They are all equal.  They all count the same.  The Browns and Packers rule!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 05:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wouldn't it be fair to say Danny A. made a hell of a catch that makes Brady look better?

I was not referring to the one catch, but yes was a very nice catch. Not even close to the 3 Ben got against the Jags from 3 different receivers and gets every week from AB, but very nice.  Mellow
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was not referring to the one catch, but yes was a very nice catch. Not even close to the 3 Ben got against the Jags from 3 different receivers and gets every week from AB, but very nice.  Mellow

Well AB had to catch one while the DB was holding one of his hands so that was pretty nice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well AB had to catch one while the DB was holding one of his hands so that was pretty nice.

I agree, he did.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 04:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are all equal.  They all count the same.  The Browns and Packers rule!

So how does the Colts' 1968 season NFL Championship compare to the Jets' 1968 season Super Bowl Championship?  

You could also ask the same of the 1969 Vikings (NFL) and 1969 Chiefs (Super Bowl).  

Do these all count equally?  The NFL officially lists those two NFL championships (and all pre-merger NFL and AFL championships) in the same category as their respective Conference Championships. 

(Also, for what it's worth, the Browns only won four NFL Championships. Their other four crowns were in the All-American Football Conference, a separate league that never merged with the NFL).
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 12:51 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So how does the Colts' 1968 season NFL Championship compare to the Jets' 1968 season Super Bowl Championship?  

You could also ask the same of the 1969 Vikings (NFL) and 1969 Chiefs (Super Bowl).  

Do these all count equally?  The NFL officially lists those two NFL championships (and all pre-merger NFL and AFL championships) in the same category as their respective Conference Championships. 

(Also, for what it's worth, the Browns only won four NFL Championships. Their other four crowns were in the All-American Football Conference, a separate league that never merged with the NFL).

I was just being an over-reactionary.  Everyone outside of Cleveland counts Super Bowls.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:37 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree, that's why I hardly responded to him. I would like to talk to him but he's so far up Brady's butt, he'll never see the truth, only his skewed views.

That's good that you did not hardly respond, because none of your Steeler Coach's/Steeler QB's were on the same level as Belicheck/Brady.

The original issue that I took was taking up for your dopy coach Tomlin, where I said he was a winner and developed 7 out 8 Pro bowlers, this year.

I was told that Tomlin had a HOF QB, which is the reason why he won. I replied Cowher had the same HOF QB. 

And by the way Belicheck has a HOF QB. He has five years under .500 without Brady, which doesn't make Belicheck look good.

If you are so slow to see that there is a clear difference in Belichecks career as a coach with and without Brady, then you yourself have yourself so far up Belicheck's butt.

You only live in the present and don't consider the facts of yesteryear. The facts of yesteryear has Belicheck with a cumulative losing season his first six years. That's a fact jack.

I also don't think Phil Jackson is the greatest NBA coach even though he won WITH Michael AND Shaq/Kobe, has more rings then BB,  never had one losing season.
But some fools think he is the greatest, he is not, neither is BB.  

Personally, I think arguably the best QB of all time is Otto Graham.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000333946/Greatest-QB-of-all-time-Otto-Graham

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 05:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was just being an over-reactionary.  Everyone outside of Cleveland counts Super Bowls.

Cleveland counts non-NFL championships as well, apparently.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I was told that Tomlin had a HOF QB, which is the reason why he won. I replied Cowher had the same HOF QB. 

That was something i didn't get back around to. Cowher didn't win his ring until he had Ben. He's obviously the common denominator between the two. Maybe you've been saying that all along and i just didn't read it right. Maybe not?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was something i didn't get back around to. Cowher didn't win his ring until he had Ben. He's obviously the common denominator between the two. Maybe you've been saying that all along and i just didn't read it right. Maybe not?

That my friend was exactly what I was trying to say. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: That's good that you did not hardly respond, because none of your Steeler Coach's/Steeler QB's were on the same level as Belicheck/Brady.

The original issue that I took was taking up for your dopy coach Tomlin, where I said he was a winner and developed 7 out 8 Pro bowlers, this year.

I was told that Tomlin had a HOF QB, which is the reason why he won. I replied Cowher had the same HOF QB. 

And by the way Belicheck has a HOF QB. He has five years under .500 without Brady, which doesn't make Belicheck look good.

If you are so slow to see that there is a clear difference in Belichecks career as a coach with and without Brady, then you yourself have yourself so far up Belicheck's butt.

You only live in the present and don't consider the facts of yesteryear. The facts of yesteryear has Belicheck with a cumulative losing season his first six years. That's a fact jack.

I also don't think Phil Jackson is the greatest NBA coach even though he won WITH Michael AND Shaq/Kobe, has more rings then BB,  never had one losing season.
But some fools think he is the greatest, he is not, neither is BB.  

Personally, I think arguably the best QB of all time is Otto Graham.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000333946/Greatest-QB-of-all-time-Otto-Graham

As I stated earlier and now I don't think, I know that Otto Graham is the best QB of all time...

[Image: Otto-Graham.jpg?id=4e5edd3d-da2e-40aa-b5...&side=back]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:28 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Don't get me started on Tomlin. With one of the most talented teams on paper and he can't seem to win when it counts pisses me off more than anything. Pittsburgh has more talent on the field than New England but the Patriots have a much smarter coach and that's the difference. Tomlin can't seem to beat the teams he's supposed to. The Steelers win in spite of Tomlin. He's the biggest joke in the playoffs. 

Na... the Steelers are the joke, not just tomlin.

I am also not sure where you get this "most talented" teams bs. The steelers defense was a joke once your linebacker broke his neck trying to spear people..

Your team is one ben rapistburger injury away from being the browns.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:25 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: As I stated earlier and now I don't think, I know that Otto Graham is the best QB of all time...

[Image: Otto-Graham.jpg?id=4e5edd3d-da2e-40aa-b5...&side=back]

Just had this discussion on FB.  The other guy is the youngest brother of a good friend, about 15 years younger than us.  He can't understand how Brady can't be the GOAT and why different eras should come into it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 08:02 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Na... the Steelers are the joke, not just tomlin.

I am also not sure where you get this "most talented" teams bs. The steelers defense was a joke once your linebacker broke his neck trying to spear people..

Your team is one ben rapistburger injury away from being the browns.

I said one of the most talented teams. I'm right about that. If they weren't they wouldn't be in the playoffs every year. I know being a Bengals fan you're not used to seeing talented teams, but the Steelers are.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 02:19 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I said one of the most talented teams. I'm right about that. If they weren't they wouldn't be in the playoffs every year. I know being a Bengals fan you're not used to seeing talented teams, but the Steelers are.

LOL they are used to seeing one twice a year.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 02:52 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL they are used to seeing one twice a year.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.
Reply/Quote