Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Todd Haley Fired
(01-20-2018, 04:48 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Tomlin has a better core of players around him than Belichick, but BB has better results than Tomlin. I would take BB any day over Tomlin. I don't care if Tomlin doesn't have a non losing season in his career as a head coach, with the talented players on the Steelers team, he should have at least twice as many Super Bowls as he does. I guarantee BB would have like 7 by now.

Yes. This right here 1000 times. 

BB takes a group of ragtag cast offs and puts them with TB and wins championships.

If you could go back to July and have MT and BB switch teams, the Steelers would be 17-0 right now and the Pats would have barely eked a division title over the Bills, been the 4 seed, and lost to the Ravens at home in the wild card round.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I would have a coach[Joe Gibbs] who won 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and none of them were HOF's.

In 1982 it was Joe Theismann at QB, in 1987 it was Doug Williams., and in 1991 it was Mark Rypien. Just the facts ma'ma .. just the facts.

If the issue is Cowher/Tomlin only won because they had HOF QB's, then Joe Gibbs was a genius, who won in multiple years without a HOF QB.

It's insanity that you keep to neglect the Brady factor. 

Steelers also went 3-1 the year Big Ben was suspended.  Just the facts ma'ma .. just the facts.

Exclude, one of the best QB's in NFL history, then spout Belichick's record. Just the facts ma'ma .. just the facts.

Gibbs belongs on the same pedestal as Belichick and Walsh.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I've said this before, but it still applies to the current discussion of this thread. The Jaguars averaged more points per game this year than the Steelers. If Belichick had the Steelers' offense he wouldn't have a game under 40 points.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:48 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Tomlin has a better core of players around him than Belichick, but BB has better results than Tomlin. I would take BB any day over Tomlin. I don't care if Tomlin doesn't have a non losing season in his career as a head coach, with the talented players on the Steelers team, he should have at least twice as many Super Bowls as he does. I guarantee BB would have like 7 by now.

BB since 2000 has the most Pro Bowlers and 4th most All Pros...

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/3/23/14999704/new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-pro-bowl-all-pro-2000-bill-belichick-tom-brady-cowboys-49ers

I would also take (Belichick AND Brady) over (Tomlin AND Big Ben) or (Cowher AND Big Ben) or (Knoll AND Bradshaw) etc.

The keyword is Brady.

Do you think that if  the Steelers had (Tomlin AND Brady), they would only have won one SB together?  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares if the results are great? We all work with people we don't like. If I were a Steeler's fan I would want Tomlin's or Butler's head at a minimum? This seriously looked like just like an inept Bengals FO move of the past. The new OC has some big results to match or exceed. If not, he looks like a bad hire and replacement.

(01-19-2018, 11:01 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, you also have the occasional mystifying play call in crucial situations, which was starting to get chronic.  And as good as their offensive ranking was, one could argue it should have been even better.  Perennial top ten is great but with that talent, maybe they should’ve been leading the league.  

At the end of the day, neither of us is there on a day to day basis, so we don’t really know what went into the decision.  

Also, since I posted that, it occurred to me to point out that this was not technically a firing but a decision not to renew a contract, so it might have been somewhat mutual on Haley's part.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 06:16 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: BB since 2000 has the most Pro Bowlers and 4th most All Pros...

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/3/23/14999704/new-england-patriots-nfl-draft-pro-bowl-all-pro-2000-bill-belichick-tom-brady-cowboys-49ers

I would also take (Belichick AND Brady) over (Tomlin AND Big Ben) or (Cowher AND Big Ben) or (Knoll AND Bradshaw) etc.

The keyword is Brady.

Do you think that if  the Steelers had (Tomlin AND Brady), they would only have won one SB together?  

You are delusional BY.  I'm not sure how you ended up a Bengals' fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:30 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You are delusional BY.  I'm not sure how you ended up a Bengals' fan.

You say I am delusional because i said...
********************************************************************************************************

The keyword is Brady.

Do you think that if  the Steelers had (Belichick/Tomlin AND Brady), they would only have won one SB together?  
*****************************************************************************************************************
Really???

You are insane if you took any of the choices above (Belichick AND Brady)!!!!

And your thought pattern is mentally challenged if you think the Steelers would have won only one SB if they had  (Belichick/Tomlin AND Brady)

P.S. The fact tat I would pick (Belichick AND Brady) over (Tomlin AND Big Ben) or (Cowher AND Big Ben) or (Knoll AND Bradshaw) shows I am more of a Bengals fan than you are.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 04:18 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: You say I am delusional because i said...
********************************************************************************************************

The keyword is Brady.

Do you think that if  the Steelers had (Belichick/Tomlin AND Brady), they would only have won one SB together?  
*****************************************************************************************************************
Really???

You are insane if you took any of the choices above (Belichick AND Brady)!!!!

And your thought pattern is mentally challenged if you think the Steelers would have won only one SB if they had  (Belichick/Tomlin AND Brady)

P.S. The fact tat I would pick (Belichick AND Brady) over (Tomlin AND Big Ben) or (Cowher AND Big Ben) or (Knoll AND Bradshaw) shows I am more of a Bengals fan than you are.

HOGWASH!  To be one of the few here that can't see after a 14-6 run without Brady that Billy B is only good BECAUSE of Brady, that makes you delusional!   Hilarious

You seem to be one of those Bengal fans that my gramps used to refer to, "He's one of those people who isn't happy unless he's complaining!"  I was 15 years old when the Bengals came to town and switched from the Browns because of what Cleveland did to PB AND because Cincy was 50 miles south of Dayton!  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 04:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: HOGWASH!  To be one of the few here that can't see after a 14-6 run without Brady that Billy B is only good BECAUSE of Brady, that makes you delusional!   Hilarious

You seem to be one of those Bengal fans that my gramps used to refer to, "He's one of those people who isn't happy unless he's complaining!"  I was 15 years old when the Bengals came to town and switched from the Browns because of what Cleveland did to PB AND because Cincy was 50 miles south of Dayton!  

It's delusional for you to leave our BB's FIRST SIX YEARS as a coach without Brady where BB had a losing record and only one season with a winning record.  Just the facts.

Brady has never had a losing record. Just the facts.

I was not the one who was complaining genius. Look up the history of this thread and you will see that I was pointing facts.  

Mostly about Coach's with HOF QB's. And even about Joe Gibbs who one 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and none of them were HOF's.

In summary as a Bengal fan I also stated (Belicheck AND Brady) >>> (Any Steeler coach AND any Steeler QB). 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: It's delusional for you to leave our BB's FIRST SIX YEARS as a coach without Brady where BB had a losing record and only one season with a winning record.  Just the facts.

I was not the one who was complaining genius. Look up the history of this thread and you will see that I was pointing facts.  

Mostly about Coach's with HOF QB's. And even about Joe Gibbs who one 3 SB's with 3 different QB's and none of them were HOF's.

In summary as a Bengal fan I also stated (Belicheck AND Brady) >>> (Any Steeler coach AND any Steeler QB). 

Brady is a quarterback of BB's system. If it wasn't for BB than Brady wouldn't be where he is. Brady sucked in college and that's why he wasn't drafted until the 6th round. BB made Brady a household name. If you think differently than you're more delusional than Brad is.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:10 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Brady is a quarterback of BB's system. If it wasn't for BB than Brady wouldn't be where he is. Brady sucked in college and that's why he wasn't drafted until the 6th round. BB made Brady a household name. If you think differently than you're more delusional than Brad is 
  Smirk
If you think a HOF QB with a history of work ethic and a tenacity to win at all costs is made 100% by BB, you are the one delusional.
Let's just say they helped each other become great, one does not win all of those Super Bowls with the other and only a moron would not recognize it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 10:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote:   Smirk
If you think a HOF QB with a history of work ethic and a tenacity to win at all costs is made 100% by BB, you are the one delusional.
Let's just say they helped each other become great, one does not win all of those Super Bowls with the other and only a moron would not recognize it.

This is priceless!  It's amazing that to see this 'blind Brady ambition'.  Most in here aren't saying Brady isn't HOF and GOAT, but BB is a coaching stud and keeps his staff around him that develop players.  Is it fair to 'block' staff from getting HC positions and other promotions, maybe not, but I would imagine Kraft makes up for it by padding their salaries when it comes extension time.

How many times does Capt Obvious and myself have to list the 14-6 record that BB has with Brady not playing?????

Come on football people this isn't rocket science for crying out loud!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 11:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: It's delusional for you to leave our BB's FIRST SIX YEARS as a coach without Brady where BB had a losing record and only one season with a winning record.  Just the facts.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.  I'm not saying he'd be about to coach in his 8th Super Bowl, but he'd be successful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:10 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Brady is a quarterback of BB's system. If it wasn't for BB than Brady wouldn't be where he is. Brady sucked in college and that's why he wasn't drafted until the 6th round. BB made Brady a household name. If you think differently than you're more delusional than Brad is.

Hey delusional, what about the other QB's prior to Brady.

I like the idiotics of some  members here, just forgetting the first six years of BB's coaching career. Like it never happened. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:55 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hey delusional, what about the other QB's prior to Brady.

I like the idiotics of some  members here, just forgetting the first six years of BB's coaching career. Like it never happened. Hilarious

I wouldn't call taking a couple years to build a playoff/championship team(s) bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 11:25 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This is priceless!  It's amazing that to see this 'blind Brady ambition'.  Most in here aren't saying Brady isn't HOF and GOAT, but BB is a coaching stud and keeps his staff around him that develop players.  Is it fair to 'block' staff from getting HC positions and other promotions, maybe not, but I would imagine Kraft makes up for it by padding their salaries when it comes extension time.

How many times does Capt Obvious and myself have to list the 14-6 record that BB has with Brady not playing?????

Come on football people this isn't rocket science for crying out loud!!

I think you thoughts are priceless.

How many Super Bowls did BB win without Brady?

For the record, this chicken and egg conversation while entertaining is just that and I am record saying I think they helped each other and neither would be hoisting as many Lombardi trophies without each other.

Brady takes average OL and average receivers and average RB's and figures a way to win. He loses Gronk Sunday and makes Danny A. llok like a HOF receiver. Brady also did something for BB and Kraft only taking 60% of the salary/bonuses who could get on the open market allowing BB to upgrade talent in other areas. That is bigger than you think. Brady could have commanded 25 to 30 million a year 4 or 5 years ago, but he gave team a very friendly contract. He is not a top 5 paid QB for crying out loud.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't call taking years to build a playoff/championship team(s) bad. 

Ok, whatever ...  Mellow

[Image: 636501480956814581-cindc5bk-5i9gqpg0ylw1...iginal.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 04:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you thoughts are priceless.

How many Super Bowls did BB win without Brady?

For the record, this chicken and egg conversation while entertaining is just that and I am record saying I think they helped each other and neither would be hoisting as many Lombardi trophies without each other.

Brady takes average OL and average receivers and average RB's and figures a way to win. He loses Gronk Sunday and makes Danny A. llok like a HOF receiver. Brady also did something for BB and Kraft only taking 60% of the salary/bonuses who could get on the open market allowing BB to upgrade talent in other areas. That is bigger than you think. Brady could have commanded 25 to 30 million a year 4 or 5 years ago, but he gave team a very friendly contract. He is not a top 5 paid QB for crying out loud.

Wouldn't it be fair to say Danny A. made a hell of a catch that makes Brady look better?
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
So I guess Phil Jackson is the greatest coach of all time.

[Image: 51OvonZPuHL.jpg]

[Image: phil-jackson-932x1024.jpg]

It does not hurt to have ...

[Image: PicsArt_03-14-02.55.50.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm done bantering with Bengal Yankee. Too much like talking with a hard headed teenager!
Reply/Quote