Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Todd Haley out
Todd Haley will not return as Steelers OC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/todd-haley-out-as-steelers-offensive-coordinator/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: Todd Haley will not return as Steelers OC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/todd-haley-out-as-steelers-offensive-coordinator/

scapegoat.  You don't fire the OC of a team that is top three for 3 of the last 4 years (other year is #7).

BB's QB sneaks won't change.  He's a sissy.  

Haley also didn't call for an onside kick.

Pitt is digging itself a hole it won't be able to get out of.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:34 PM)basballguy Wrote: scapegoat.  You don't fire the OC of a team that is top three for 3 of the last 4 years (other year is #7).

BB's QB sneaks won't change.  He's a sissy.  

Haley also didn't call for an onside kick.

Pitt is digging itself a hole it won't be able to get out of.

Right, you can't tell me there wasn't a QB sneak in the book, and that he can't audible.  Baloney.  What if he did audible to it and picked up the first?  They gonna bench him?  PPPPFFFFTTTTT!!!!!  Pig Pen is such a douche.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They must be mad that he made those two bad fourth down calls. He's either going to quickly get another OC job or other assistant job.
Reply/Quote
They put up 40 points, defense allows 45 points and they fire the OC ? Stupid ! Someone had to take the blame, why not their defensive coach or Tomlin ? I called it last Sunday, Steelers will be exposed and I was talking about their stupid coaching department. watch the Steelers, they win on pure talent, they have no coaching ability or savvy to that team. Their offense was in desperation mode that entire game due to two turnovers but, that stuff happens. That defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.
Reply/Quote
Ben doesn't like him there for you go with your QB and you get a new OC.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
They promoted the QB coach to OC. Here’s hoping it works out as well for them as it did for us...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 08:02 PM)spencer Wrote: They put up 40 points, defense allows 45 points and they fire the OC ?   Stupid !  Someone had to take the blame, why not their defensive coach or Tomlin ?   I called it last Sunday, Steelers will be exposed and I was talking about their stupid coaching department.  watch the Steelers, they win on pure talent, they have no coaching ability or savvy to that team.  Their offense was in desperation mode that entire game due to two turnovers but, that stuff happens. That defense couldn't stop a nose bleed.

Haley was let go due to 6 years of underperforming the talent he had. You can always go back and criticize game plans are individual play calls, but overall I liked Haley's direction. Too often though we'd have games were we'd just struggle to run our own plays and barely move the ball. If it happened against a  great D with a good gameplan then fine, but most of the time it was lack of preparedness  that caused it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote