Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Heap Accidentally Kills 3 Year Old Daughter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19161911/todd-heap-accidentally-hits-kills-3-year-old-daughter-moving-truck

Crazy.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 05:51 AM)Older Than You Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19161911/todd-heap-accidentally-hits-kills-3-year-old-daughter-moving-truck

Crazy.

Oh my.....he must be absolutely devastated. I couldn't imagine. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is horrible. A child's life gone, a fathers life destroyed. No amount of counseling or time heals something of this magnitude. He will definitely have a prayer sent out from me today.

Reply/Quote
How awful!  I can't even imagine....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Heap seemed like a good guy too. This is my biggest fear anytime I back out of my driveway. I always scan for kids, but it'd be harder to see in a big truck.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine of a worse feeling then accidentally killing one of your own loved ones. I hope everything works out okay for the guy.
Reply/Quote
It's so bad it's hard even hearing about it I couldn't imagine living it or being able to move on my life would be over
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Prayers go out to the Heap family.  Absolutely tragic.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Got to be a parents' worst nightmare, outliving their child and causing the death.
Prayers to the Heap family.
Reply/Quote
Dam that's messed up. It's already a huge fear of many people, double so for parents about backing out of a driveway and running over a kid.
Condolences to the Heap family.
Reply/Quote
One more reason I look at the outside world less and less. I'd be much better off never hearing about this. There is not even a cautionary tale here. I don't need to be aware that there is some guy out there who will spend the rest of his life thinking about the day he killed his little girl, and a mother who has to somehow try to find a way to forgive him. It's just plain brutal.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 12:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dam that's messed up. It's already a huge fear of many people, double so for parents about backing out of a driveway and running over a kid.
Condolences to the Heap family.

I am reminded of a farmer in Flathead county Montana many years ago. He drove a tractor over one of his sons killing him. Then 20 years later backed a tractor over a grandson killing him too. 

One guy hit twice with the worst thing that can happen to a parent.
Reply/Quote
Horrible. Surprised that Heap didn't have a car with those cameras that show where you're backing up to.

Gotta wonder how he'll deal with this.
Reply/Quote
Horrible thing to happen to anyone. All the money he made playing football can't undo it. Just goes to show that the best things in this life don't come from your salary or how much money you have. 
I raised both my kids without much money at all and they turned out ok.. I can't begin to imagine what it's like for that family and to top it off its all over the news and media.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote